GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
its gonna be tough to get everyone re-invested in this world again. especially since its all going to be woke garbage with bias towards gender and race swapped characters from now on.

Its going to be tough to get people interested in this BECAUSE OF SEASON 8 !!!!

They could have had the best script writers and actor choices with a fantastic story that was everything that people wanted and SEASON 8 would still have destroyed any hope of having the fan base needed to watch it. This should never have happened unless Season 8 was repaired. Ironically I bet they would have had a HUGE following/ratings if they had just redone 8.

I know I would have been much more interested in a Season 8 redo.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

They could have had the best script writers and actor choices with a fantastic story that was everything that people wanted and SEASON 8 would still have destroyed any hope of having the fan base needed to watch it. This should never have happened unless Season 8 was repaired. Ironically I bet they would have had a HUGE following/ratings if they had just redone 8.

they would have done just that, there is just 1 problem. there is no right way to end this show. even GRRM doesnt know.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
they would have done just that, there is just 1 problem. there is no right way to end this show. even GRRM doesnt know.
I disagree entirely. They hinted at the direction multiple times but just never went that way.

Good Ole John should have died at the end. He was brought back by the power of light. That power should have been the final confrontation between him and the Night King. There could have been many better choices for the final ruler and the conflict between the two armies could have been resolved a lot better. It was poor writing and directing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I disagree entirely. They hinted at the direction multiple times but just never went that way.

Good Ole John should have died at the end. He was brought back by the power of light. That power should have been the final confrontation between him and the Night King. There could have been many better choices for the final ruler and the conflict between the two armies could have been resolved a lot better. It was poor writing and directing.
we aint getting an ending, even if GRRM finished tomorrow, it wont be the ending he intended because he changed direction.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh I have no doubt that this never gets resolved. I am just saying it could have been with a much better attempt than season 8

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Oh I have no doubt that this never gets resolved. I am just saying it could have been with a much better attempt than season 8
to be honest ive been pretty salty toward this show since they left Strong Belwas and Lady Stoneheart on the cutting room floor and they killed Barristan Selmy and Stannis The Mannis like punkass bitches. they need to retcon more than just season 8

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would be happy enough with Season 8. We could retcon 7 and 8 but at that point God would have to come down and intervene.

Goatface

in 10 years, GRRM will get assistants to help him finish the books and as Hollywood has no ideas the show will be rebooted.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd love to rewrite GoT

Chapter 1: Ned divorces his stupid fucking wife and her retarded ass is no longer around to serve as the fulcrum for the destruction of House Stark.

Chapter 2: Without his retarded wife inflaming the situation by kidnapping Tyrion, Ned is able to resolve the situation in King's Landing somewhat more peacefully, realizing that Robert knows the kids aren't his and doesn't care because he despises Cersei and is happy not to share her bed. Everyone happily maintains the status quo, Robert never gets gored by that boar, and the Seven Kingdoms stay relatively peaceful.

Chapter 3: Dany realizes that Westeros is a shithole even when it's not convulsed in civil war and is happy to be a beloved queen and savior in Essos. Ser Friendzone finally gets a piece.

Chapter 4: Jon hits the Night King with an RKO from nowhere because I got bored of writing this.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
about the new norm. original show runner wanted $15m per show, Netflix went with $9m, then production issues reportedly caused it to balloon. Even at $9m per seems crazy.
View attachment 362943

Boy, if they're willing to spend 200,000,000 on comic book adaptations for television I've got a list of shit I want them to greenlight right now.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
we aint getting an ending, even if GRRM finished tomorrow, it wont be the ending he intended because he changed direction.

Yeah Twitter writes the books now. Not even hyperbole or a meme.

That fat shit sits on Twitter all day reading peoples opinions and critiques then rewrites chapters based on what they say.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Since we're both in the Jon dead camp, when would you have him die exactly?

Melisandre's death would be the first thing retconned-- she'd be kept alive. Instead it was Jon who would receive the "I've done my part" line (even if dialogue not used, the resonance and tone of it would be given to Jon instead of Melisandre), instead of Melisandre. Jon's death would not be immediate for the audience sake, there would be some final scenes after the battle and aftermath. Maybe a bedroom death with Dany holding him while celebrating and he goes cold.

A brief ambiguous explanation would be given by either Bran or Melisandre.

That's just one way to do it. There's a lot you can do with the specific time of Jon's death and who would be involved in the scene.

Sansa, Tyrion, and Jon dead would do a lot to boost the rewatchability of GoT.

I'd also like to have seen Jaime Lannister end up on the throne with Cercei dead (how she dies, I don't know).

Bran has as much claim as Jaime, and I think the circumstances involved in getting Jaime on the throne, given his history, given his relationship with his father regarding his expectations for him, would be a big ending and very GoT like with its callbacks. Jaime as the unwilling King. You'd need a lot more seasons to get there, but I feel it's a huge bump up over Bran, for callback reasons to Tywin and Jaime's relationship, if nothing else. As well as Jaime's character arc in general.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
having jon come back only to die again seems like just bloated writing. I think for jon's part, him leaving to live beyond the wall is a perfectly fitting ending. it's just all the other stuff that was stupid.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
having jon come back only to die again seems like just bloated writing. I think for jon's part, him leaving to live beyond the wall is a perfectly fitting ending. it's just all the other stuff that was stupid.

Isn't bloated all those prophecy allusions in the book for nothing?

I'll take bloated over bad. Melisandre necks herself for the prophecy but what's the significance? She wasn't the one.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Still don't understand how season 8 killed everyone's babies. Personally thought it was great, even the last episode. Getting text chains from people complaining after the last episode has me thinking it was some sort of mass self hypnosis via social media.

Whatever, so be it. But any GoT sequel will do well, it still has a ton of legs. Unless they do pull the woke garbage as Chuk says.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1WTF

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still don't understand how season 8 killed everyone's babies. Personally thought it was great, even the last episode. Getting text chains from people complaining after the last episode has me thinking it was some sort of mass self hypnosis via social media.

Whatever, so be it. But any GoT sequel will do well, it still has a ton of legs. Unless they do pull the woke garbage as Chuk says.

Here is a compiled list of all the complaints, big and small (everyone has their own set of issues that ruined it for them, but they should all be on the list, somewhere):

Direct link to The Thread on Reddit.
or
2021-07-20 10.22.11 www.reddit.com ae2a53f5adf3.png

2021-07-20 10.22.48 www.reddit.com f937f2a5891b.png

2021-07-20 10.23.10 www.reddit.com 71052bccdc29.png

2021-07-20 10.23.28 www.reddit.com 62de966d25f8.png

2021-07-20 10.23.42 www.reddit.com a83519124233.png

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

buncha cast got together for one of D&B's birthdays so i guess they don't hate each other

Why would there be any hate from the cast towards the people that catapulted a lot of them into global fame.

Do you ever think before you type out this shite?

• 1Like