GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Why would there be any hate from the cast towards the people that catapulted a lot of them into global fame.

Do you ever think before you type out this shite?
there's an argument for Momoa as he was only in season 1, but Clarke? she got shit on by the end of the series, i bet she only showed up to meet her old friends in the cast. you work closely with somebody over 10 years you end up loving those people (or hating them with a passion).

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
there's an argument for Momoa as he was only in season 1, but Clarke? she got shit on by the end of the series, i bet she only showed up to meet her old friends in the cast. you work closely with somebody over 10 years you end up loving those people (or hating them with a passion).
Well, Jason did get to spend some quality naked time with Emilia on screen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Where's her star at in relation to where Hollywood tried to get her? She's had multiple leading roles and they all fell short. I won't even get into what bombed with her on the box cover.

Momoa is headlining DC.
GoT only ended 2 years ago and unlike Momoa she didn't die in the first season, so she wasn't as free to pursue Hollywood roles as he was. Most of Momoa's projects I either don't recognize or were utter dogshit (Conan remake, Justice League). Aquaman enjoys the dubious honor of being the best of a bad bunch, but given how high profile it is maybe he can be called an A-lister now. The Aquaman role will probably protect him from the embarrassment of Dune bombing.

I'm pretty sure the only Hollywood project Clarke was in that actually bombed was Solo, which she had a pretty small role in. She's coming to the MCU next year so it's not like she isn't still being offered high profile roles.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
GoT only ended 2 years ago and unlike Momoa she didn't die in the first season, so she wasn't as free to pursue Hollywood roles as he was. Most of Momoa's projects I either don't recognize or were utter dogshit (Conan remake, Justice League). Aquaman enjoys the dubious honor of being the best of a bad bunch, but given how high profile it is maybe he can be called an A-lister now. The Aquaman role will probably protect him from the embarrassment of Dune bombing.

I'm pretty sure the only Hollywood project Clarke was in that actually bombed was Solo, which she had a pretty small role in. She's coming to the MCU next year so it's not like she isn't still being offered high profile roles.
aside from Arnold, she was the big name in Terminator Genesys or however that bomb was spelled.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
aside from Arnold, she was the big name in Terminator Genesys or however that bomb was spelled.
It underperformed but it didn't bomb, which is why I didn't list it. And that movie was a bungled mess that made everyone involved look bad, so it doesn't work very well to use it to call out a single actor.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Momoa hasnt done shit since GoT besides Aquaman and people arent beating down the door, begging for more Aquaman sequels.

Calling him an A-lister is extremely generous

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It underperformed but it didn't bomb, which is why I didn't list it. And that movie was a bungled mess that made everyone involved look bad, so it doesn't work very well to use it to call out a single actor.
that movie was so bad, after it was over, my dad gave me "the look" for bringing him to see it. i told him Matt Smith was in it and he liked Emilia Clarke, so he might as well come see it with me. little did i know that if you blinked, you missed Smith's scene and he was bummed out EC wasnt dressed sexy. she didnt come off as very tough. she was better as a queen of dragons. either way, she never had any hits outside GoT. you can say she underperformed, but studios see how your films dont make money and it gauges on where they want to cast you for any roles. and a role in the MCU isnt a guarantee at being big time anymore. Dinklage had an important part in Infinity War and where he at now? he did a Herve Villechaize biopic and now he's making a movie called The Dwarf. the GoT people had their time. it was fun while it lasted, but its over.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Momoa hasnt done shit since GoT besides Aquaman and people arent beating down the door, begging for more Aquaman sequels.

The rest of the DCU has been "discontinued", meanwhile Momoa still has a big fucking movie coming out. When I said he's headlining DC, he sort of is, for now.

If the movie slaps and they re-sign his contract he's a certified A lister at that point. Aquaman already made 1 billion at the box office.

She's coming to the MCU next year so it's not like she isn't still being offered high profile roles.

But to Gavinmad's point, I wasn't aware of that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

he might not even have that much longer. there is some kind of boycott campaign to cancel Aquaman 2 because of the Amber Heard/Johnny Depp thing. i dunno if thats gonna make any difference, but there are a lot of rumors that the film is having production drama due to Heard's legal battles with Depp. that movie could end up a mess. hopefully not, cuz even though she pooped on her bed, she's still a smokeshow.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

I don't insist on it, but he is a very recognizable name atm. Maybe B+.

she didnt come off as very tough.
she (and most everything else in the movie) was fine when it was still set in the past, so like the first third or so? It was when they went forward in time that everything came off the rails.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't insist on it, but he is a very recognizable name atm. Maybe B+.

she (and most everything else in the movie) was fine when it was still set in the past, so like the first third or so? It was when they went forward in time that everything came off the rails.
the biggest thing that sunk that movie was they spoiled the holy fuck out of it in the trailer. the big reveal in the second half was that John Connor was a terminator and its in the damned trailer.

Goatface

apparently a week or so ago, Ed Sheeran was on a show and said, Maisie Williams was a big fan of his and d&d brought him on as a going away surprise as arya was supposed to die in s7.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user