GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Lenas

Trump's Staff
According to Tyrion's discussion with Tywin, earlier in the season, when you become a King's Guard you swear off everything including titles and lands. It seems a King's Guard, if kicked out, becomes a homeless and honorless individual regardless of skill.
It is important to note that Barristan Selmy is the first and only person to have ever been dismissed from the Kingsguard. He got fucked over by Joffrey and Cersei pretty hard.

I'm trying to figure out what Stannis was doing naming Robb Stark, Greyjoy and Joffrey when tossing leeches into the fire. DON'T COMMENT IF YOU'VE READ THE BOOKS.
Those are the remaining people that Stannis is warring against. Joffrey and Renly claim the Iron Throne while Robb calls himself King of the North and Balon calls himself King of the Iron Islands. Stannis believes himself to be the true king of all those. Seemed to me that he was hoping the Lord of Light would take care of them. Not sure how since Mel obviously wont be birthing any more shadow children, but that was the gist I got.

Cybsled

In the scene, Mel tells Gendry that there is power in king blood and Davos/Stannis want a demonstration. That's all they really explained in the scene AFAIK.

Siliconemelons

Random commentary: so far the only thing that has irked me...okay well two things- one has been mentioned and that is travel time/ease issues- the 2nd is communication issues... people with spys out their ass learn about evens slowly and then some people know about stuff / troop movement almost instantly... /rant off

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It is important to note that Barristan Selmy is the first and only person to have ever been dismissed from the Kingsguard. He got fucked over by Joffrey and Cersei pretty hard.
When Joff dismissed him didn't Cersei tell him they'd give him a home/land/gold to live out his days and he simply refused it and went into exile instead?

Tenks

What I didn't fully understand if it the "blood of kings" is so powerful why didn't they just use some of Stannis' blood since he's supposed to be the true heir to the throne? Is it because they'll probably need to eventually kill the blacksmith kid? It just feels like the leech ritual could have been done with Stannis.

Bodger

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't know if it's widely known Dany is alive in Westeros. As far as Barristan is concerned it's I don't think it needs to be complex, Tagaryan's is the throne he first oathed fealty to. If the Baratheon throne kicks him out on his keister it's the logical landing place.

I'm trying to figure out what Stannis was doing naming Robb Stark, Greyjoy and Joffrey when tossing leeches into the fire. DON'T COMMENT IF YOU'VE READ THE BOOKS.
Using Kings blood lord of light magic against the "usurpers" I'm assuming.

Tenks

Isn't Greyjoy just claiming to be king of the iron isles and perhaps the north? I didn't know Stannis was really that salty at him.

I'm pissed we haven't seen anything with the Greyjoys this season outside of seeing Theon get tortured. I assume they are still just pillaging around the north?

velk

Trakanon Raider
What I didn't fully understand if it the "blood of kings" is so powerful why didn't they just use some of Stannis' blood since he's supposed to be the true heir to the throne? Is it because they'll probably need to eventually kill the blacksmith kid? It just feels like the leech ritual could have been done with Stannis.
Before she went looking for Gendry, Mel told him that making vagina demons sucked up his life force and making more could kill him. That's why she went looking for someone else with Baratheon blood and picked up Gendry.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
When Joff dismissed him didn't Cersei tell him they'd give him a home/land/gold to live out his days and he simply refused it and went into exile instead?
Varys said he would be given a keep with servants. Cersei just smiled. Barristan told them all to get fucked.

Isn't Greyjoy just claiming to be king of the iron isles and perhaps the north? I didn't know Stannis was really that salty at him.
Well, Stannis believes himself the rightful ruler of all seven kingdoms. Six is not seven, and Stannis doesn't believe in wiggle room.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord

I'm pissed we haven't seen anything with the Greyjoys this season outside of seeing Theon get tortured. I assume they are still just pillaging around the north?
Yeah, that's my thinking too. And Robb really hasn't done shit as far as Stannis is concerned, he's declared himself King of the North and is engaged in war against Joffrey, but I don't think he's laid any claim to the Iron Throne.

I guess Stannis sees any claim against a portion of "his" kingdom as usurpation? And yeah, I know that they using Lord of Light magics on those three names, I'm anxious to see WHAT IT DO, and was wondering if some non-book readers had any guesses.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Well, since it won't be the Lord of Light throwing lightning bolts down on them, I would guess it would be either some bad luck and/or dissension caused by the usual "negative aura" that influences peoples emotions.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Mel wants to sacrifice Gendry. Davos talked Stannis out of allowing this for now. Stannis is demanding a demonstration of the power of Gendry's blood before he makes a final decision on whether to allow him to be sacrificed.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
And you derived all of that from the tv or the books? Wrong thread asshole.
That is all easily derived from the TV show. (Although Mel says it's "Davos" who needs to see the display of power because she knows it was him behind talking Stannis out of the sacrifice.)

Unrustle your jimmies.