GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
HBO must have known it was a turd becuase they stuck it in this timeslot when they dont think people are watching. i wonder how much that turkey set them back? too bad they wasted money on this when they could have used that cash to make a few more episodes of GOT this year.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Yeah, not sure where you guys are getting this "skipped a week last year" shit from. I certainly don't remember it.

Sterling

El Presidente
Oh, Blackwater was on this weekend last year and had the worst ratings of the season by a pretty significant margin. Also no Veep this week!

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Pretty sure she's a con artist to some extend. During her chapter at the Wall, doesn't she say something about her chest of tricks running low on powders which she uses for effects?

Besides, she had access to King's blood for Renly; she didnt uses leeches there but instead went the way of the shadow baby. That is unless you would assume Rob's bastard blood is so much powerful than Stannis' himself, only burning some is enough to kill someone.
This. She is a con artist to some extent; she remarks that she needs to replenish her powders etc so that she can embellish things, BUT her inner monologue tells a lot about how she does actually see things, and does have some power. She obviously makes Mance looked like Rattleshirt, and says that she'll never let anyone know how hard that is, that way people think amazing feats are but a small thing to her. She doesn't need nourishment; she makes a remark that she sometimes forgets to eat but asks for food anyways since she wants to conceal the fact that magic prevents her from needing it.

My spells should suffice.She was stronger at the Wall, stronger even than in Asshai. Her every word and gesture was more potent, and she could do things that she had never done before.Such shadows as I bring forth here will be terrible, and no creature of the dark will stand before them.With such sorceries at her command, she should soon have no more need of the feeble tricks of alchemists and pyromancers.
She uses the tricks to make others believe, because while she is powerful, and does see true things, she resorts to tricks to essentially strike fear into them. It is what she is trying to do for most of her chapters in ADWD; make Jon realize the very mortal danger he is in.

This is why I have a hard time disliking her. She is interpreting her visions wrong (Or maybe right, what the fuck do we know) but honestly believes. She keeps saying she needs to know more, needs to make sure of the future so she can help Jon and Stannis. We know that she is fearful of something (She keeps repeating "Lot Seven" and "Melody") but we don't know what, and as of yet that hasn't seemed to change her course. She maybe be wrong, but she does not seem selfish or like she is in it merely for power. I'm sure that's something she wants, and I think there was even a remark of how no one thought a woman would be so strong, but there is a genuine amount of concern for those she is trying to counsel.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
This is why I have a hard time disliking her. She is interpreting her visions wrong (Or maybe right, what the fuck do we know) but honestly believes. She keeps saying she needs to know more, needs to make sure of the future so she can help Jon and Stannis. We know that she is fearful of something (She keeps repeating "Lot Seven" and "Melody") but we don't know what, and as of yet that hasn't seemed to change her course. She maybe be wrong, but she does not seem selfish or like she is in it merely for power. I'm sure that's something she wants, and I think there was even a remark of how no one thought a woman would be so strong, but there is a genuine amount of concern for those she is trying to counsel.
Thats pretty much exactly the way I feel about her character too, I actually like her and do not see her as the power hungry person that others have mentioned. I believe she really does have "good" intentions (lets please not get back on that good vs. evil shit again please) and is just willing to kill a handful to save a kingdom...similar to Stannis.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I thought "Lot Seven" and "Melody" was refering to her being sold as a slave in the past?

Sarg_sl

shitlord
Sucks that they skipped this week's GoT but it should pay off this next Sunday... Just saw its titled 'The Rains of Castamere'... Hmmm I wonder whats coming up next!? lol should be epic

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I thought it was mentioned that her tricks were things that came from the time before magic suddenly got stronger and she started seeing the visions etc for real. But she still uses them because real magic takes a lot out of her. Or am I making that up.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Im predicting many will say they saw it coming or were told already and it wont be as a big surprise as with ned. A lot fewer people had read the books at that time, plus now viewers are used to a nasty surprise towards the end of the seasom. Besides, melisandra frickin said last week robb will die. Cat might be a shock though. If they really do kill her off, which im not too sure they will because shes a fan favorite

khalid

Unelected Mod
Besides, melisandra frickin said last week robb will die. Cat might be a shock though. If they really do kill her off, which im not too sure they will because shes a fan favorite
No she didn't say Robb was going to die. It was never revealed in the show what the leech burning meant. Also, Catelyn is hardly a fan favorite. If anything I would say Talisa is more of a character people like than Catelyn. Im curious if they will kill her off or if she will go back to riverrun with the blackfish.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I thought it was mentioned that her tricks were things that came from the time before magic suddenly got stronger and she started seeing the visions etc for real. But she still uses them because real magic takes a lot out of her. Or am I making that up.
Nah this is pretty much it exactly. She believed she always had some power but definitely used conjurers tricks/etc to keep up a front that she was more powerful than she was, but now that magic is coming back in to the world she needs her tricks less and less.

also from what viewers have seen, Mel's god/magic is real while the rest are pretty much non-existent in this world, so they must assume something will happen to the 3 people named. It appears that they will kill them off in the order named as well (which didn't happen in the books, they died Balon, Robb, Joffrey when they were named in order: Joffrey, Balon, Robb), which pretty much confirms that her god "did it" despite the belief by many readers that she simply saw their deaths in the flames and "tricked" stannis/davos into believing it was her power that caused it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No she didn't say Robb was going to die. It was never revealed in the show what the leech burning meant. Also, Catelyn is hardly a fan favorite. If anything I would say Talisa is more of a character people like than Catelyn. Im curious if they will kill her off or if she will go back to riverrun with the blackfish.
it doesnt take a genius to figure out that she meant those 3 are to die. especially since mel is known for killing people using royal blood. and once robb dies, people will also know that joffrey is next very soon.

Cybsled

I think Talisa is a goner if she isn't a plant. The biggest change from the shows vs. the books is Robb's wife in the show has no house connections in Westeros, but that was also her insurance in the books. In the show, she could be murdered and there would be no political implications of consequence, whereas in the book her being murdered would carry political implications and work against Tywin's plan to secure more house's loyalty to the Lannisters.

khalid

Unelected Mod
it doesnt take a genius to figure out that she meant those 3 are to die. especially since mel is known for killing people using royal blood. and once robb dies, people will also know that joffrey is next very soon.
Yes, in hindsight it will be obvious what the leeches are for but if you read the unspoiled threads most people aren't sure what the leeches mean. They THINK it might be some curse or something but they aren't sure. They kinda went out of their way to NOT spoil it. Watch the show before commenting on it and this time pay attention. Actually, before you do that, read the books and try to pay attention.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I think Talisa is a goner if she isn't a plant. The biggest change from the shows vs. the books is Robb's wife in the show has no house connections in Westeros, but that was also her insurance in the books.
Yeah, I think they will probably kill her off too. It will make the wedding even more shocking, especially important since they have cut down so much on Robb's retainers. In the books the RW starts by Robb taking some quarrels. I think they will instead start of the "festivities" with Talisa getting killed while dancing.

The only thing is, if Talisa goes to the RW, what will they do with the Blackfish? I assume he will survive, so either he will leave under some pretext or have some heroic escape. Maybe he will jump out a window into the river or something.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
no need to be a dong, i read the books i watched the show, i pay attention and people know that mel is stannis's hitman so anytime she mentions a name in a blood ritual it doesnt take werner von braun to guess those people are fucking dead.