GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
no need to be a dong, i read the books i watched the show
Dude, just a few pages ago you were claiming the White Walkers don't talk. In the first chapter of the book they laugh and talk to each other as one of them sword fight the Lordling commanding the patrol beyond the wall. That's some reading you did. You can't even tell between a wight and an Other.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Dude, just a few pages ago you were claiming the White Walkers don't talk. In the first chapter of the book they laugh and talk to each other as one of them sword fight the Lordling commanding the patrol beyond the wall. That's some reading you did. You can't even tell between a wight and an Other.
gotta love the internet

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Without this thread I would think that Mellisandre's Lord of Light and Jaquen's God of Death are two separate Gods.
The Faceless Men worship the Many-Faced God. This god is based on most, if not all of the gods that are death inspired.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Hodor.

The connection between R'Hllor and the Red God is a murky for a non-book reader. Without this thread I would think that Mellisandre's Lord of Light and Jaquen's God of Death are two separate Gods. I mean yeah she wears red, and the faceless man called him the Red God. But Mel's god is the god of light and fire, and you can't HELP but think that Jaqen's god is the god of blood and shadow. Not that it's a big deal, and they've already established the Lord of Light is "the one god" -- so if he's zoroastrian who gives, and it will take all of 20 seconds worth of conversation between Ayra and Mel or Thorros or who-the-fuck-ever to make that clear. And that would be an "Oh. Well that makes sense" scene.

I'm just sayin I doubt many people make that connection without extra-HBO aids. It's there, but it's a little too subtle for television. Unless there was a scene I've forgotten where someone said, "Oh yeah, that's the same God-dude". Which is possible.
what? I think you have it backwards. Both are referred to as the "Red God" in the show, and all the non-book readers I know assume it's the same god. The only time he's referred to as R'Hllor is in High Valyrian, and as the Lord of Light is by Melisandre. All of Westeros refer to him as the red god or the fire god. So Jaqen worships a Red God and Mel worships a Red god and with both of these Red Gods only death can pay for life. Which reminds me of another bit of magic I forgot to mention, was the witch mirri (or whatev her name was) and the ritual used to "save" khal drogo which consumes her unborn son Rhaego, of which she says only death can pay for life. I don't know but most of my non-book reader friends assume it's the same god and also assume that this Red God is the dominant religion of Essos and thus most everyone from Essos worships him, with the exception of the Dothraki as their cultural beliefs were somewhat detailed in the show. But they're also unwashed barbarians. They assume most cultured people worship the red god in Essos, as everyone they've seen from there basically references him. Some even asked me why Talisa would wed under the 7 when she should have had a fire wedding. I had to explain that she was totally invented for the show and spoil the facts from the books that most people in Volantes do worship the red god, though not necessarily the nobility. Now they're all on board with the "Talisa is a lannister honeypot" theory cus while they don't read the books they are really into the show and they watch shit like that on youtube.

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Jaqen only mentioned the Red God, because Arya saved them from the fire. The Faceless Men worship all death gods equally; meaning these gods all represent one true god, death.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
The Faceless Men worship the Many-Faced God. This god is based on most, if not all of the gods that are death inspired.
In this context we're discussing what non-book readers have been shown in the TV series and what they believe. I assume everyone who's posting in this thread has read the books and already knows this.
Jaqen only mentioned the Red God, because Arya saved them from the fire. The Faceless Men worship all death gods equally; meaning these gods all represent one true god, death.
While this is the correct interpretation for those who've read the books, the way it was shown in the show is ambiguous at best for TV viewers. They assume he worships the red god, and from everything they've seen those who worship the red god have magical powers.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
even with that I wouldn't believe you actually read them based on your posts in this thread.
thats fine, but i have read them. now i did read them just once and i also read all 5 in the space of 5 weeks so some names and small details are certain to be lost . like i called thoros thanos. BTW i still think of thoros as thanos so some names im just bad with.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Look, mistakes happen, people miss things or get the wrong things stuck in their heads. The issue with you is that you comment constantly and are so consistently wrong it gets annoying.

I would suggest that you get the audiobooks and listen to them. They slow down the story a lot and so you can really pick up on details you might have missed in reading. The reader of books 1-3 and 5, Roy Dotrice, has different unique voices for all the characters and its a really enjoyable experience. Also, will keep you busy for a LONG time. SoS by itself is 47 hours long.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Anyone who is surprised at Astrocreep's inattentiveness to details doesn't spend enough time in the Movie House. After a decade of being subjected to it there I think a lot of us have become desensitized to it to the point where it's stopped being annoying and crossed into endearing.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone who is surprised at Astrocreep's inattentiveness to details doesn't spend enough time in the Movie House. After a decade of being subjected to it there I think a lot of us have become desensitized to it to the point where it's stopped being annoying and crossed into endearing.
Is that some kind of reverse stockholm syndrome?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Bah. Just some minor details arent important enough to me. I cant remember every little detail. i do seem to make some hilarious mistakes though. Me and jeff bridges have a love/hate thing going. I love his movies but I always forget the ones he does

Fedor

<Banned>
Jeff Bridges plays Thanos of Myr.

thoros-of-myr-red-priest-o-26b7e4bb-sz598x464-animate.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Wait, is he a mermantoo?! I can't keep up with this show.