GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
The whole fucking thing is Catelyn's fault, like everything from page one of book one.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Although Tuco...it was the Lannister (or at least, Jaime) who tried to kill Bran at first, so capturing a Lannister wasn't completely without merit, she just had the wrong man, because Littlefinger manipulated her into believing he sent the assassin to finish the job. Whether she fucked up with Jaime in the long run is sort of still unresolved, as her 2 daughters are still both alive. Letting him go definitely helped destabilize Robb's army, but wouldn't the Frays/Boltons still have betrayed them for him being an idiot and breaking his oath?

supertouch_sl

shitlord
does walder frey have a retarded son on the show? i know catelyn takes him hostage in the book but i don't recall seeing him on television.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Although Tuco...it was the Lannister (or at least, Jaime) who tried to kill Bran at first, so capturing a Lannister wasn't completely without merit, she just had the wrong man, because Littlefinger manipulated her into believing he sent the assassin to finish the job. Whether she fucked up with Jaime in the long run is sort of still unresolved, as her 2 daughters are still both alive. Letting him go definitely helped destabilize Robb's army, but wouldn't the Frays/Boltons still have betrayed them for him being an idiot and breaking his oath?
Uh, if the Starks still had Jaime prisoner, Tywin wouldn't have have been willing to risk his heir being killed, which means the Freys and Boltons would have had nothing to gain by stabbing Robb in the back.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Are you arguing that Catelyn didn't make completely stupid decisions, or are you arguing that she and Rob would've totally failed and been brutally murdered even if she was completely passive?

Also I remember her talking Ned into going to King's Landing which was a monumentally stupid decision. Even Bobby B should've seen that coming. Ned Stark is the worst hand of the king ever. 10 minutes after Robert Baratheon tosses Ned the keys, Ned drives the car off the cliff just to try to land on Tywin's house.

Flinger

Lord Nagafen Raider
Besides the myriad of other reasons the phrase "the purple wedding" is gay, it also takes longer to say than Joff's wedding. The purpose of giving it a name should be for brevity's sake, not to be cutesy, silly queers.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I didn't see if this was mentioned yet, but wouldn't Jon Snow know his brothers were nearby after seeing the wolves? In the first episode they talk about how rare it is to see dire wolves south of the wall, so I have to believe something clicked there. Of course he had to get the hell out in a hurry, but wondering if he may head back to search for them.
the wolves seem to come and go as they please. ghost abandoned jon earlier in the season i believe.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh and I could probably blame Catelyn for Peyter Baelish's scheming in some way.

Merrith

Uh, if the Starks still had Jaime prisoner, Tywin wouldn't have have been willing to risk his heir being killed, which means the Freys and Boltons would have had nothing to gain by stabbing Robb in the back.
That is a good point, although from the books, I got the impression having something to gain wasn't the only reason for the Freys and the Boltons betraying the Starks. Walder was incensed at the slight to his family when Robb broke his oath, and Roose...well, Bolton gonna Bolton it felt like. Now if they would not have acted unless they had Lannister backing, then your point makes perfect sense, and thinking about it, I could see that being an issue, as Walder would know his family would be forever shunned/hated otherwise for breaking the hospitality rule.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The whole mess is Dany's fault. She cried too much as a baby, driving Good King Aerys mad, which led to Robert's Rebellion, which led to all of this.

khalid

Unelected Mod
The purpose of giving it a name should be for brevity's sake, not to be cutesy, silly queers.
You think that the Red Wedding is that much shorter than Robb's Wedding? To me the benefit of calling it the Purple Wedding is that it doesn't really spoil much. People were chanting "can't wait for the red wedding" this season and it still didn't give too much away. Though it was still retarded when the people were doing it.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Oh and I could probably blame Catelyn for Peyter Baelish's scheming in some way.
If she hadn't rejected him, and gotten him almost killed in the process by Eddard's older brother, he probably wouldn't have turned to being a scheming fuck in the first place.

Its so obvious she's the cause of everything wrong with Petyr its not even funny.

Merrith

Are you arguing that Catelyn didn't make completely stupid decisions, or are you arguing that she and Rob would've totally failed and been brutally murdered even if she was completely passive?

Also I remember her talking Ned into going to King's Landing which was a monumentally stupid decision. Even Bobby B should've seen that coming. Ned Stark is the worst hand of the king ever. 10 minutes after Robert Baratheon tosses Ned the keys, Ned drives the car off the cliff just to try to land on Tywin's house.
I'm arguing she did make some stupid decisions, but she was clearly manipulated into some of them by Littlefinger (with an assist from her own sister as well). If we're going back to Ned, somehow I don't think he says no to Bobby B asking him no matter what...too much honor. Going back even further, even that decision arises due to the manipulations of LF (again with with the assist to Lysa) creating the vacancy.

Honestly I just think the Starks were doomed from the start, based on Ned's honor, and the manipulations that pushed them into every corner until they were fucked. A little bad luck along the way didn't help either (Bronn winning the fight, Jaime and Brienne not making it to KL). Who knows if either of those would have significantly changed things, but I don't think Catelyn's decisions alone were their doom, stupid as they were, because they were expertly pushed into many of them.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I just assumed Bolton and Frey knew who the winning side was going to be and just wanted to join in when they could get a good deal. And it's tough to say what Walder thinks or how bad the repercussions really will be for his acts. He's likely going to die soon and it's unknown what kind of blame for the red wedding will carry on to his descendants. Depending on what kind of deal he made with Tywin the Frey name could have been helped by his actions.

Flinger

Lord Nagafen Raider
I forgot to post this earlier: You guys arguing about whether Catelyn or Robb screwed up more seem to be missing the point that they both screwed up horribly.

Catelyn:
Captured Tyrion unjustly and without merit, causing Tywin to start a war.
Let Tyrion go by bringing him to her idiot sister.
Released Jamie to the wild, which not only made Robb's bannermen start to rebel but also lost the only card Robb had.

Robb:
Married Talisa instead of Walder Frey's daughter. If you're the king you can have so many bitches along with your wife.
Didn't press the strategic advantage he had by attacking high value targets but instead fucked around in the north with all his troops.
Killed Karstark.
Robb:
Married a girl he loved after his fucking retarded mother sold his hand in marriage to appease a fucking bannerman of her father's house.
Not sure what you mean.
Killed Karstark which was necessary after he slaughtered children because he was so mad that Robb's retarded mother freed the world's best hostage.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The purpose of calling it the "Purple Wedding" is because it makes the other fags in your local daisy chain gaykakke orgy cum harder by virtue of it being gayer than Richard Simmons riding a pink unicorn on Fire Island.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If she hadn't rejected him, and gotten him almost killed in the process by Eddard's older brother, he probably wouldn't have turned to being a scheming fuck in the first place.

Its so obvious she's the cause of everything wrong with Petyr its not even funny.
Haha I was more thinking that she should know that he's a scheming fucker and should've given Ned fair warning not to trust him. He's so slimey and obvious it's comical. Especially in the TV show when the actor gets this creepy pedophile voice and starts creeping out everyone.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Robb:
Married a girl he loved after his fucking retarded mother sold his hand in marriage to appease a fucking bannerman of her father's house.
Not sure what you mean.
Killed Karstark which was necessary after he slaughtered children because he was so mad that Robb's retarded mother freed the world's best hostage.
I mean that Robb sat around and diddled himself when he had a huge army and could've done something useful. His chastisement of Edmure is hypocritical since he did the same thing on a larger scale.

And lol @ appeasing a fucking bannerman, without that appeasement Robb's army would've been stuck at the twins.