Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hard to believe this guy is responsible for the planning of the red wedding:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31542-1370274623-24.gif
This gif tells me I wouldn't want anyone else planning a wedding

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
For being regarded as noble and honorable, the northerners had a camp full of betrayal and treasons. Theon betraying Robb, Cat releasing Jaime, Rob marrying Talisa, Karstark killing the Lannister children and finally Roose being part of the wedding massacre.
That's why Jaime's speech to Catelyn in Season 2 completely turned me around on the character. His whole talk about "honor" and what it really meant, even to guys like Ned, was fucking awesome. Sure, some of it was just him being snide and trying to rustle jimmies, but it was all true.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I'm not a fan of how quickly Jorah seems to have been tossed to the side. Bitch.

I'm honestly more down about that then I am Robb getting killed.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm guessing everyone knows the character whose title is "Who the fuck is that?" now
Px78i.jpg

Px78i.jpg

Siliconemelons

I didn't really get Johns tossing of the chick aside... She was standing by his side even after he wouldn't kill the guy (but he killed his other brother up north...but not this guy? Was this really the best place to turn?) he knocked her over...then after seeing both his brothers wolves he up and left.

did the warg dude fully transfer himself to the hawk before he dies? And it now going to fly back and warn mance...or am I just over thinking that. I don't see how he couldn't have kept with the chick... I kinda don't get that betrayal.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I like how Bolton prison shanked Robb instead of using a full blown sword or whatever.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I didn't really get Johns tossing of the chick aside... She was standing by his side even after he wouldn't kill the guy (but he killed his other brother up north...but not this guy? Was this really the best place to turn?) he knocked her over...then after seeing both his brothers wolves he up and left.
I don't think it's hard to interpret that as Jon trying to save her life. If she shoots another wildling and Jon loses the fight(which he must've suspected he would, not knowing wolves would intervene) then Igrit is going down with him.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i knew they were going to die but fuck,didn't how it was going to be.
i knew that motherfucker was not a good person.since the 1st time he appeared,i didn't like him.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jon is still loyal to the watch, but Ygritte isn't. Ygritte was ready to die protecting Jon, but I doubt she would have been cool going to Castle Black. By knocking her ass down, it's kind of like protecting her because she doesn't lose face with the surviving wildlings (so they don't murder her after he runs). You noticed how Tormund was basically telling her "settle down, you got betrayed!" vs. just trying to off her by assuming she was in league with his turn.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
The window to remove the Lannisters was the small one when Stannis, Renly and Robb all just declared and were still alive.

No one realized Stannis' hatred for Renly, Renly's puffed up self importance from Loras and Robb never really made it to the table and Stannis was too unbending to really manage much compromise anyways. So... it was really impossible or at least amazingly unlikely to work out due to the nature of the players involved.

Eddard really needed to step up and do something clever and get Stannis moving into position before Robert even died, but thinking people would respect the writ from the king he had, was too slow and everything went to shit.

Oh, and I recall Catelyn, in the show at least, trying to get Eddard to stay in Winterfell and not go to King's Landing.
The better plan would have been for Ned not to tell Cersei that he knew about the incest, and Robert probably would not have died. Robert comes back from hunt, Ned tells him, Lannister's removed from power.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I could see how non-book readers might think Jaime was more responsible for this than he was if Roose said Jaime sent his regards.
It's been years since I read the books, but watching the show now it would be strange to think Jaime plotted all this. He's been captive and travelling with Brienne the whole time.

It's subtle but clear to me: when you watch Tywin - in this season or even the first - he's writing letters, letters and more letters. Sure the focus of the scene lies on the conversation Tywin has with Tyrion, Cersei, the Mother of Thorns or anyone else, but that letter he's just sealing? That is Tywin planning of the Red Wedding.That is Tywin winning the war, right there under everybody's noses.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That picture is funny. EVERYBODY knows Peter Dinklage's name now.

xadion, I thought the same with the hawk as well. I figured he would go tell someone, maybe a warg friend? I dont know, unless he can make a hawk speak English.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Do you think a hard nosed man who is so beholden to honor that he cut off his savior's fingertips holds a drunk and a flamboyant man in high regard?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The better plan would have been for Ned not to tell Cersei that he knew about the incest, and Robert probably would not have died. Robert comes back from hunt, Ned tells him, Lannister's removed from power.
But would Ned have actually told Robert as long as the potential was there that he might do harm to the children? Ned would have tipped his hand to Cersei either way I think, in the interest of saving her children from Robert's wrath. And honestly as long as they were alive and Tywin was drawing breath, I wouldn't be willing to count House Lannister out. Not for a second.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Do you think a hard nosed man who is so beholden to honor that he cut off his savior's fingertips holds a drunk and a flamboyant man in high regard?
I'd say he was a little more than flamboyant. We can safely assume Renly would've called Joffrey's death the purple wedding.