GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Is it weird that I enjoy Stannis scenes so much? I think half of it is just the creepy music they use to go along with all the evil shit he does. And of course the fact that he's a stone cold hardass that truly believes the ends justify the means, no matter how horrible. You have to admire Davos and his enormous brass balls.

Ramsay's face during "....it's just a blood sausage!" fucking lol

*sigh* god dammit now the wait begins again

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Needed some good shit to happen after episode 9. An enjoyable and good episode to end the season on so I call sleep comfortably in my bed until season 4.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Damnit what an anti-climatic ending. I can't stand to wait another year so I am going to give in and read the books. I don't want to open up the spoiler thread to ask there, but I am such a lazy reader and can never motivate myself to read, but I must continue on with the story, so I am going to skip books 1 and 2 and hopefully the first half of book 3. If I read those ones first, I know I'll get bored or sidetracked and give up 1/3 of the way through book 1 and never read the rest of it.

So my question is this. I know season 3 was half of book 3. Can I pick up book 3, right after the red wedding, and read from that point, and pretty much not miss anything important? I don't know how much the show jumps around compared to the book.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Is it weird that I enjoy Stannis scenes so much? I think half of it is just the creepy music they use to go along with all the evil shit he does. And of course the fact that he's a stone cold hardass that truly believes the ends justify the means, no matter how horrible. You have to admire Davos and his enormous brass balls.

Ramsay's face during "....it's just a blood sausage!" fucking lol

*sigh* god dammit now the wait begins again
I always liked Davos. Stannis is hardcore, Davos is fucking beyond hardcore.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
There are few things that confuse me more than the fact that True Blood is still popular.
I watched like 3 episodes of that. I got the the one in the first season where the dude basically jacks the skin off of his dick and went "Oh, this is a comedy or something. Ok not interested" and yet somehow it remains popular.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Did Jon get shot with arrows by Ygritte in the books? I just can't recollect that at the moment

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Damnit what an anti-climatic ending. I can't stand to wait another year so I am going to give in and read the books. I don't want to open up the spoiler thread to ask there, but I am such a lazy reader and can never motivate myself to read, but I must continue on with the story, so I am going to skip books 1 and 2 and hopefully the first half of book 3. If I read those ones first, I know I'll get bored or sidetracked and give up 1/3 of the way through book 1 and never read the rest of it.

So my question is this. I know season 3 was half of book 3. Can I pick up book 3, right after the red wedding, and read from that point, and pretty much not miss anything important? I don't know how much the show jumps around compared to the book.
Assuming your reading skills eclipse those of Ser Davos the Onion Knight please please please do not skip the first 2 books.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Assuming your reading skills eclipse those of Ser Davos the Onion Knight please please please do not skip the first 2 books.
It's not that my reading skills suck, it's just that I have the attention span of 2 year old when it comes to reading books. Especially with summer and kids and all that, there is always too much shit to do, and to take the time to sit down and read, I just end up doing other stuff until I am too fucking tired and just go to bed. I know beyond a doubt that if I were to start at book 1, I would not make it through. The lure of seeing whats next for the characters *may* be enough to get me motivated to read, but thats about it. Let's put it this way, in my youth, when I did have tons of time, I was reading Lord of the Rings, and it was fucking awesome mindblowing for an EQ fan who had never heard of it before, and I still didn't even finish the first book in that. I got about half way through and just went back to Everquest and the book was never opened again. I am not like my wife, who can read a 600 page book from cover to cover in 1 sitting. It would take me months and months to read a 600 page book.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

The books aren't partitioned exactly like the tv shows and there's enough differences such that reading would be somewhat confusing. I'd recommend just reading book 3 and skimming through parts that seem familiar to you. You definitely don't need to read the first two books to enjoy the others as long as you're okay with either googling characters you don't know or being okay with not knowing what's going on all the time.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
lol...

Martin, for one, isn't worried. The way the author sees it, producers have plenty of material to keep Thrones rolling. "I think the odds against that happening are very long," Martin says when asked about the show catching up to his novels. "I still have a lead of several gigantic books. If they include everything in the books, I don't think they're going to catch up with me. If they do, we'll have some interesting discussions."
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/06/09/ga...hrones-future/

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Did Jon get shot with arrows by Ygritte in the books? I just can't recollect that at the moment
Just one in the leg as he rode away the first time.

This did feel like a pretty weak finale, especially the last scene. There were plenty of good bits, though. Also disappointed by lack of Missandei tits this season.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Is this when Jon is recuperating and Sam does his thing to make him Lord Commander? Been years since I read 3 hard to rember the details.

Fedor

<Banned>
cGqGgVe.png

pCGN4Mi.jpg

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
"Several gigantic books".

Those 2 books, as big as they are, would make 1 season each, because most of it is world building, which takes about 2 panoramic shots in a show to wash away a chapter of writing. Book 1 had the same thing, it was a gigantic book that waseasilycondensed down to one season without losing much of the story--because most of it was introducing characters and places, those physical descriptions are just short shots on TV. (Book 2 wasn't so easily condensed but that's because it was actual character interactions ect. Which, like with Book 3, is more difficult to condense down. To me, season 2 felt a little stilted by being drawn down to one season.)

He's got, at most, 3 years before the next book needs to be done. Maybe he can do that. But no one should be holding their breath that he will finish the series before the show. (Even if the 6th book is 2 seasons, because it's dense like Book 3.).

Stave

Potato del Grande
The books aren't partitioned exactly like the tv shows and there's enough differences such that reading would be somewhat confusing. I'd recommend just reading book 3 and skimming through parts that seem familiar to you. You definitely don't need to read the first two books to enjoy the others as long as you're okay with either googling characters you don't know or being okay with not knowing what's going on all the time.
Sounds like a good enough idea, skimming the parts from the show. And my wife is all caught up on the books, so I can always ask her too if I get confused.