GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Davos was been pretty outstanding this season. I want a show of that dude just dealing with troubled youths, whether it's scaleface or kingsbastardism he rocks that shit.

Also, again, Arya and Hound were fan-fucking-tastic. I'm seriously bummed just thinking about them separating. For a second there I thought they were replacing the tavern fight with Tickler etc with the campfire scene.

As for Shae, I don't think it means she won't betray him, just that they're really laying on the love shit thick for her to betray him for cash. So it's going to end up being her not trusting him or some other shit, which is pretty different from the books. I'm pretty sure we're gonna get a scene like this, where she's Harry and Tyrion is Lithgow...

http://youtu.be/1d8oqIXtjdo?t=40s

Except when Harry leaves instead of joining his family in the forest he'll go and fuck Charles Dance.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
when you cant pay a whore off, it means she is serious. the only way she would betray him is if she thought he was planning to ditch her and run off with sansa after killing joffrey. bitch might fucking kill him for that.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
. shae was not a tool of varys, shae will not willingly betray tyrion later on. varys seems to give a fuck about tyrion enough to bribe his whore to leave. book varys seemed to relish the secrets he had on him, with shae gone, his little leverage will be gone.
Why do you say that? The book usually goes to great lengths to show that even the most virtuous people will change their beliefs or ideals to save someone, or protect themselves. In the book, I always got the impression that Shae's testimony was forced. As in, Tywin probably threatened to skin her alive if she didn't corroborate the other testimony. The only real mystery around Shae is how she ended up in Twyin's bed (Did he want her there? Or was it a set up.), that will be a huge reveal when it happens.

But all in all, you can betray people you love bro. It happens all the time. It's not one or the other.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
The shae/varys scene was totally useless, no idea why they stuck that in there and makes the whole thing a bit more confusing later, she won't leave tyrion for a bag of diamonds but she will betray him to his father a few days/weeks later?
Didn't read this earlier. But yeah, again, everyone has their limits. Do you think someone like Tywin would try to buy Shae's betrayal? I mean, maybe he did...But I think if Tywin told her he was going to pour acid in her pussy if she didn't listen, she'd probably betray Tyrion then. And that's not including how the control of information can affect someone. After Joffery's wedding, don't forget, Sansa disappeared. Imagine Tywin convincing Shae that Tyrion spirited her away and was preparing to leave himself when he was caught--It would infuriate her.

Lots of ways this could go down to show how she would betray Tyrion even if she loved him. Like I said to Astro, love doesn't always prevent betrayal. Everyone has their limits.

Homey wanted to get his dick wet and take a nice uninterrupted dump, same as any man.
Post sex dumps really are what dreams are made out of.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
She's just a lowly whore who was doubling as a handmaiden in the capital...it wouldn't take much to get her to turn.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Why do you say that? The book usually goes to great lengths to show that even the most virtuous people will change their beliefs or ideals to save someone, or protect themselves. In the book, I always got the impression that Shae's testimony was forced. As in, Tywin probably threatened to skin her alive if she didn't corroborate the other testimony. The only real mystery around Shae is how she ended up in Twyin's bed (Did he want her there? Or was it a set up.), that will be a huge reveal when it happens.

But all in all, you can betray people you love bro. It happens all the time. It's not one or the other.
her testimony in the book felt forced to me too. which is why i said that shae/varys scene confirmed she was not one of vary's spiders and she will not willingly betray tyrion. but if she thinks he was planning to dump her all bets are off. scorned bitches are capable of anything

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
i`m satisfied. all scenes were pretty amazing. jamie's return could've been longer than 20 seconds and daenerys' season 3 end had nothing on her season 1 end. whatever.

when the fuck is season 4?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It's birds. Varysisthe spider andhasbirds. You fuck this stuff up just to troll us, I know it
wink.png

But yeah, all that scene means is that she isn't working for Varys right now. By this time next season who knows.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
I don't think it's a mystery as to how Tywin Lannister got a whore into his bed. He is Tywin fucking Lannister. Chicks dig power. Why didn't she take the bag of diamonds? Probably because she was already "better dealing" Tyrion.

The scenario is probably something like Tywin wants to know when Sansa will produce a son. Who better to recruit to spy than the whore? She is already pissed at Tyrion for the marriage, Tywin sees a hot bitch who knows how to keep her mouth shut.

Someone offers a whore a bag of diamonds to leave a married disfigured drunken midget with no allies, she takes it. She doesnt take it if she is the mistress of the most powerful man in Westeros.

I liked the episode but the last scene was a shitty way to end the season. Dany wins again, what a shocker. How many wins for her can we finish seasons with before it actually means anything.
i don't know why this is problematic for you and a couple other folks with the same sentiment. Why is Dany not allowed to "win"? Her story is always a refreshing.

Szlia

The problem is more in the manner in which she wins: by stumbling upon people who swear blind devotion to her and by facing pants on fire retarded antagonists.

I guess now the main plot becomes the formation of an alliance when everyone hates everyone else's guts. At this rate though Danny will only have ice zombies to fight when she reaches the seven kingdoms.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So, is it just my imagination? I don't recall Asha (Yara) going on this little suicide mission thing at all. Was it just made for the series?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Danny is Abe Lincoln, of course things are going her way. Im gonna be sad when she goes to a show.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think the reason for blind devotion is pretty simple. First of all, she has 3 dragons.. beasts claimed to be exterminated from the realm and when they were last seen were used by Aegon the Conqueror to lay waste and ruin to those who opposed. I think people figure "if you can't kill em join em", and would rather be on the side with dragons. Second, at this point in the story, she is being seen as a liberator and scorching those who cross her path. She has a pretty big host right now, sort of like the ball in katamari. She still has to cross the sea, so it will be interesting to see the day when she rolls up on the other side and someone just looks down and goes "..shit.." I think they downplay it in the show a bit, but having 3 dragons is a major fucking deal.

One thing I wonder about Jon Snow is that Mormont was clearly grooming him to become a leader, but with Mormont dead I wonder where that leaves him. Are we even sure at this point how many of the night's watch are dead? I think shit is about to get real on the wall, that army of the dead can't be far off if fatass and Sam Jr. were able to make it back so quickly. I also wonder if Sam will tell Jon that he saw Bran, and if Jon will go out looking for him.

Bran's story is interesting, but a bit bored with smug know-it-all Jojen. Not really sure what they're going to accomplish out there, but I am pretty interested to see what becomes of it. Hodor screaming into the well made me laugh, guy only has had one line the entire series and always seems to pull it off absolutely perfectly; just like the Osha seen where she was complaining and he just went "Hodor????"

I'm mostly interested in Stannis' now. I didn't understand him and didn't really find his story all that interesting, but now at the prospect of his Lord of Light being real I can't help but be excited for what is to come. The way he sits in Dragon Stone, and all this Lord of Light stuff sort of reminds me of Rand in the beginning of Wheel of Time. I hope that Stannis rises up and crushes everyone. I wonder if his attention will be focused less on becoming king and more on fighting the dead though. Should be interesting.

Always interested in Arya. She killed that dude with such reckless abandonment, it was crazy. I think we saw a glimpse into where she's headed. When she flipped the coin and killed the dude, I can only hope she becomes some sort of assassin. Guess we will see.

Watching them parade Robb's corpse with Grey Wind's head made me sad. Defiling the corpses is a surefire way to make some people very pissed at you, and who would care if the Frey clan was taken out? I'm wondering if the Bolton's are beginning to jockey for their own position as well. We haven't heard a whole lot about them at this point, so I'm not really sure what their deal is.

It was anti-climactic, but I still enjoyed it. Like most have said, the climax was episode 9 and this was the slow fall until the next act.

Edit: All of this is speculation at this point, if it needs to be said.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
The problem is more in the manner in which she wins: by stumbling upon people who swear blind devotion to her and by facing pants on fire retarded antagonists.
this, it's like a shitty generic fantasy novel within an interesting and refreshingly different fantasy novel

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So, is it just my imagination? I don't recall Asha (Yara) going on this little suicide mission thing at all. Was it just made for the series?
She met with Theon before he was caught by Ramsey (and before the sack of winterfell). She returned back to another castle and ended up being caught by Stannis on his march south. In some of the released WoW chapters, she actually gets to see Theon once Stannis captures him.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Assuming your reading skills eclipse those of Ser Davos the Onion Knight please please please do not skip the first 2 books.
Don't listen to this. I started reading them after the first season and skipped book 1. I tried reading it later and found I just didn't care enough to rehash story I'd just recently seen. That said, I don't know that you can really pick up book 3 in the middle, only because GRRM bounces around quite a bit and so the story isn't linear like it is in the show.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Are you a big fan of the Greyjoys and the Kingsmoot storyline in the books? They always felt to me padding that was added to make FFC long enough without adding Essos stuff. I am hoping they are cut so we can spend more time with new Dorne and Essos people at the end of s4 and s5.
I kinda do like the story stuff with Asha. Can do without Victarion.

I just thought the change was so dramatic, they basically rewrote Asha, who didn't give a flying fig about Theon in the books, and now she's gonna run off with her daddies best ship and warriors to rescue Theon from the Boltons?

I just don't like when they completely rewrite characters like that, really bugs me. Sorry I realize this is a response to a three page back post now.