GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
i cringe now whenever i see Daenerys even though shes still cool in book 3
Book 3 is really where Daenerys starts to shine even though I think she slides in books 4 and 5. I think we'll see whether the show's directors and actors can make her non-annoying but we'll see.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I find Jon in the show to be a whiny, moody little bitchboy and Jon in the books to be a capable, intelligent man who is ultimately the victim of circumstance. I think they have not done well with him, tbh.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I find Jon in the show to be a whiny, moody little bitchboy and Jon in the books to be a capable, intelligent man who is ultimately the victim of circumstance. I think they have not done well with him, tbh.
I agree, to an extent.... even in the books he was pretty obnoxious in the early going, but ends up manning up at somepoint. I'll be interested to see how they cope w/ that on the show - not sure the actor playing him has that kind of talent, because its a pretty abrupt and definitive change.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
My experience was the complete reverse, I hated him in the books, but he was tolerable in the TV series, although still not my favorite character.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the worst thing they did with jon in the show wasnt that they showed him to be a whiny bitch. hes supposed to be 14 years old? what 14 yr old isnt a whiny bitch? what i detested most is they made him an incompetent swordsman. having his uber sword taken away by an old wildling.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well, this is right about when his story starts to ramp up so we'll see how the show handles it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Agree 100%. Jon and Daenarys are being built as the true heroes of the book and they're the only characters who are much less likable on TV than in the book. What makes that perhaps more acceptable is that iirc those episodes that deviated from the book the most regarding Jon Snow were the ones where GRRM had a strong influence in. Maybe he wanted them to be less heroic than they were in the books or maybe he just likes fucking with his audience.

Xasten_sl

shitlord
I've been worried that Jon will end up being portrayed as whiny and immature, but I think HBO can do him justice. While he's off gallivanting around with the wildlings, he's going to see a lot and Qhorin's death should be a really good opportunity for HBO to show him growing up. I think they'll pick three or four specific moments culminating with Ygritte's death to really hammer it home that he needs to/has grown up. I think HBO's already begun the transition, and if he's half as good at this as Alfie Allen is with Theon, we'll see some great TV.

I have faith that when he "fetches a block" for Janos, that it'll defining moment to illustrate to the viewer that this is a serious and changed man.

Cybsled

My thinking is this: Robb is currently the main Stark hero in the show. After the events of this season, a void will need to be filled in regards to that, at which point Jon will fill that role.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jon is a total vagina in the TV Series. If it wasn't for Ygritte I would think he was gay.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
It is odd which characters they've missed the mark on and which characters they've improved. Never thought I'd be a Brienne fan but she's a complete badass in the show.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I sometimes wonder if GRRM didn't intend Tyrion to be so likable and if he's rethought the character based on watching Peter Dinklage own the role like a boss. Same goes for any other character really.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
I sometimes wonder if GRRM didn't intend Tyrion to be so likable and if he's rethought the character based on watching Peter Dinklage own the role like a boss. Same goes for any other character really.
I don't know about that, I remember liking Tyrion a lot after reading book one and two way back when.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't know about that, I remember liking Tyrion a lot after reading book one and two way back when.
You're probably right. I watched the show before I read the first book but I remember Tyrion being very likable in the books also.