GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Cybsled

Don't forget season 3 comes out tomorrow. $29.99 Blu-Ray at Target stores, but Amazon is currently price matching.

Siliconemelons

if you get hit with tax from amazon.com - target redcard 5% so /shurg I usualy end up getting crap from target because of the 5% that stacks with everything even their coupon app etc. And targets bonus is some 90min thing, BBuy is just the same house covers from S1

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Stark and soon the Baratheons and Tullys started the war everyone wanted, and the people who either stayed loyal to the Targaryens (Tyrells) or switched sides at the last minute (Lannisters) or didn't commit until victory seemed likely (Freys) are now the ones reaping the rewards while the houses that took all the risks and did the most to win the war are all but wiped out. That's gratitude for you.

Fucking Martin.
Eh that ignores a lot of what happened. The result of Baratheon's Rebellion is that, Baratheon became king. Then things slowly went to shit and the game of thrones was played.

I don't think it's known how much the war really helped empower the Tullys or the Starks, but I can only assume they got some land out of it. We know that Stannis got Dragonstone. Does anywhere describe what lands were held by the Targaryens before the rebellion? I have to assume it's pretty extensive but a little irrelevant to the books' current state. Maybe playing the game of thrones mod for mount and blade makes me think about land ownership a bit more than the drama surrounding the books.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's pretty fun if you like the GoT map and characters, just don't expect an experience much different from Mount and Blade Wardband + a few improvement mods. After playing Prophecy of Pendor pretty much all the M&B experiences a little lacking.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
NOdPKoW.jpg

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Jesus Christ that Bran storyline is the more boring fucking shit ever aside from Tyrion on the river for 500 pages. I hope they skip most of that and give it the 3 minutes spread across 7 episodes it deserves.
I have to agree. It has some really cool stuff, like the others mentioned, learning about magic, the children, etc. but even that I found it hard to enjoy because by the time I got to it I'd waded through chapter after chapter of meandering, mind numbing scenery. Could easily be condensed down quite significantly and only improve.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The thing about the Bran storyline is that I'm not sure if there's going to be a payoff or if I care about Bran himself. The only interesting thing is that he's exploring a world far removed yet more knowledgeable than everywhere else. It's not that Bran or any character or storyline is that compelling, it's just that the reader hopes to see some real shit when Bran's pov is used.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah.. i don't understand the justification for thinking Bran's stories are the most interesting... they have thepotentialto be in the future, but nothing has actually happened in regards of magic and shit up to the last point of his pov.
Could he be one of the most interesting in TWOW? probably! but up to this point? far from it.

Aside from the last 1 or 2 chapters from him, the entirety of his story gave me no interest of his, or the others he travels with's characters.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Nice of them to lower the price the day after they shipped the pre-orders :p. I still just paid $34.99 but that is kind of cheesy of them to punish you for pre-ordering.
I retract my previous complaint. Got an email today that I was being refunded $5 on each of the two sets I ordered (one for me, one for my sister). My love affair with Amazon is back on. I did not contact them to complain, they just did it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Cant wait for this shit. I need to rewatch last season to refresh.

It looks like HBO is throwing more money at this from the trailer.

Siliconemelons

I retract my previous complaint. Got an email today that I was being refunded $5 on each of the two sets I ordered (one for me, one for my sister). My love affair with Amazon is back on. I did not contact them to complain, they just did it.
They usually do, like street price price match thing or whatever they call it.

I will wonder into Target tomorrow and pick it up, the wife loves GoT

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been reading the books this time around (just finished ASOS book 2 which will make up most of S4 probably) and I'd recommend rewatching all three seasons because some characters from S1 and S2 will make a comeback or become more important. Some story threads that have been dormant will also be picked up again. Should be an awesome season, some great events coming up.