GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Why hasn't Mormont been exiled yet? Wasn't he already exiled in the books at this point? I really hope they don't gloss over that shit because it was pretty important. In fact, I don't remember Barristan telling Daenerys about Mormont at all or Mormont telling her about Barristan.

I could be pulling an astrocreep right now and I'm sorry.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why hasn't Mormont been exiled yet? Wasn't he already exiled in the books at this point? I really hope they don't gloss over that shit because it was pretty important. In fact, I don't remember Barristan telling Daenerys about Mormont at all or Mormont telling her about Barristan.

I could be pulling an astrocreep right now and I'm sorry.
It'll be interesting how they deal with that. Mormont was exiled after he uncovered that Arstan was Barristan Selmy. At that point Barristan tells Dany that Mormont was put there to spy on her. I wonder how the show is going to explain why Barristan didn't come right out and tell Dany about Mormont and if Dany is going to be cool with that answer (will have to be I guess).

They return to her tent, and later Ser Jorah arrives, and Dany admonishes him for not telling her that the Bastard had escaped, and that Whitebeard had killed him. Daenerys then wishes that Whitebeard be knighted in gratitude and both Whitebeard and Ser Jorah say "No" at the same time. When Ser Jorah, impressed that the old squire could kill the Bastard with just a stick, asks Whitebeard who he was, and Whitebeard responds that he is a better knight than him.

Whitebeard then tells Dany that he really did not lie, but did withhold truths, and can only beg forgiveness. Ser Jorah now recognizes Whitebeard as Barristan the Bold, tells Dany that this is the man that betrayed her family to serve the Usurper. When she asks if Whitebeard is hers or the Usurpers' man, he tells her he is hers if she will have him. He then tells how he took Robert's pardon and served with the Kingslayer and others as bad, and that afterwards the boy king had cast him aside and sent men to kill him, Selmy realized he had to find his true king. He then tells her that he had to keep his presence secret because there is a spy who has been informing on her since she wed Khal Drogo. Dany then recognizes that it must be Ser Jorah, and Ser Jorah affirms it is true; he had been promised he could go home for this task. Dany tells them both to go away forever. When asked where they should go, she then figures out where they should go.

Cybsled

I'm guessing they will set something up where Barristan sees Varys with Mormont, recognizes Varys, and spills the beans. Either that or Barristan just keeps that as an ace up his sleeve, then Dany gets pissed at him for holding that back.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They could come up with a thousand excuses as to why Barristan doesn't say anything right away. I'm not really worried about it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Jorah and Barristan will argue in front of Dany, Jorah lets something slip that he shouldn't know, gets called on it and revealed. Wont be an issue IMO.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jorah and Barristan will argue in front of Dany, Jorah lets something slip that he shouldn't know, gets called on it and revealed. Wont be an issue IMO.
The only issue is the plausibility of it as far as Dany is concerned (most on here don't care for Dany so I wouldn't expect that many to give a shit anyway). In the book the reason Selmy doesn't reveal his identity is to earn trust with her. In the show his identity is already known but I guess he's still building trust before he tells her that there is a spy that is reporting her movements all this time.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Nah, that is the truth. Jaime is a great swordfighter, but he hasn't done much. He sat out Robert's Rebellion because Aerys wanted him in King's Landing as a hostage to keep Tywin loyal. The North led the way during the Greyjoy Revolt. The only thing that needs to be written down is how he lost to Robb Stark in battle.
Jaime being reviled as the kingslayer never made much sense to me. You'd think that between the shit everyone put up with with the mad king, all the anti-Targaryen sentiment from everyone in power and the power of the Lannisters to shape public belief Jaime would walk out of there as the hero who valiantly saved thousands of lives by sacrificing his oaths. The shit he takes just seems contrived to me.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Jaime being reviled as the kingslayer never made much sense to me. You'd think that between the shit everyone put up with with the mad king, all the anti-Targaryen sentiment from everyone in power and the power of the Lannisters to shape public belief Jaime would walk out of there as the hero who valiantly saved thousands of lives by sacrificing his oaths. The shit he takes just seems contrived to me.
Well, look at a lot of the Japanese philosophies of old. For certain cultures, honor is > all.

spronk

FPS noob
two interesting things, HBO almost didn't pick up the series based on the first apparently shitty pilot and Sansa stark is 18 IRL
Game of Thrones: HBO almost dropped series after pilot - Telegraph

also Jaime being reviled hinges on the fact that almost nobody knows that the mad king planned on burning down kings landing, before that the king was probably pretty irrelevant to most peasants, who cares if he burned a few knights.

It is pretty contrived that fact is kept out of history, but I suppose its one of those "don't make the nobility look bad" kinda things, its a pretty common phenomenon in our own histories

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am curious how long it is going to take Arya to become a bad ass. I don't think that is really a one season thing, but maybe she will call on her valar morghulis friend to get this party started. I would prefer for Joffrey to get Arya'd / Oberyn'd post haste. I just dislike that little bastard overall, Tywin is at least an interesting / competent villain.

Though I would imagine that would some how fall back on Jaime's character as he seems to be taking up protecting the King personally and he wouldn't be very effective while learning to fight with his off hand.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Almost posted a whole bunch of spoilers in the no spoiler thread because I got confused on which thread I was in, lol. I would've had to ban myself again.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its the culture of the show, as Kirun said honor > all. Breaking an oath is punishable by death, the mad king being mad is probably what spared Jamie's life. The mad king burned Ned Stark's sister alive and Ned still referred to Jamie has kingslayer/oathbreaker and despised him for it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The mad king burned Ned Stark's sister alive and Ned still referred to Jamie has kingslayer/oathbreaker and despised him for it.
Burned his father alive.

The Lannisters don't really have the power to rewrite history; they basically only run shit in the middle of the continent. No one in the North gives a crap about them, they are all Stark boys. As you can see from Oberyn, Dorne also hates the shit out of the Lannisters and wouldn't accept it either.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't really think the culture of the show is honor > all. Only a few characters have followed that, and the show has consistently shat on them for it

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Its the culture of the show, as Kirun said honor > all. Breaking an oath is punishable by death, the mad king being mad is probably what spared Jamie's life. The mad king burned Ned Stark's sister alive and Ned still referred to Jamie has kingslayer/oathbreaker and despised him for it.
Exactly this.he did the right thing but he took the action of killing the mad king on his own.and he was his protector.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Ser Barristan can simply say that as one who openly served Robert that it wasn't really his place to show up and immediately start throwing around accusations towards others who may or may not have been serving him in secrecy and that he had been feeling Ser Jorah out to get a sense of where his true loyalties now lie.