GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The chapter thing is a moot point until they release a chapter with huge spoilers in it. You guys arguing about it are being a little silly.

They would never do this, but if they released the red wedding chapter ahead of the book it's in I certainly wouldn't want to read it or hear about it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
For people who want to enjoy the TV series without any spoilers.

If you want spoilers, you come to this thread. If you don't want spoilers (or want to be entertained by people who don't have spoilers making guesses), go to the non-spoiler thread.

If you want spoilers from the released books but don't want to talk about released spoilers from the author, shut down the internet.
this thread was spoilers for people who have read the books and want to talk about the tv show and not ruin it for people who have not read the books already. so now you are changing the rules to suit you because you have no willpower to wait a year for the book to be released and screw anyone who disagrees. hey its fine. some people usually arent so open about their hypocrisy.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
this thread was spoilers for people who have read the books and want to talk about the tv show and not ruin it for people who have not read the books already. so now you are changing the rules to suit you because you have no willpower to wait a year for the book to be released and screw anyone who disagrees. hey its fine. some people usually arent so open about their hypocrisy.
I've been pretty open about talking about future plot points from author-released spoilers, so I don't know why you think I'm being hypocritical.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Oh look, Astro does in fact watch the trailers for next weeks episode on tv shows

that chick isnt dead neither are the 2 guards. Ward had too many opportunities to reveal himself during the episode to wait for this moment.plus the trailer for next week already spoiled it.im still curious though if Ward butchered those guys beating him on the ground with that little knife.
He also looks up wikipedia on characters in the marvel universe, you know, sources outside the tv show and movies

editafter reading her wiki page.marvel would not let her character be killed in such a manner. with only a few appearances.
Fuck off with your hypocrisy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The chapter thing is a moot point until they release a chapter with huge spoilers in it. You guys arguing about it are being a little silly.

They would never do this, but if they released the red wedding chapter ahead of the book it's in I certainly wouldn't want to read it or hear about it.
when the discussion talks about characters killing other characters in a book that has not been released yet its only a spoiler if those deaths were important to the plot of the story? that might be a little hard to do without having the finished book in front of you for the proper context of that death. i know im silly for not reading the random teasers and wanting to read the books as they were released like a normal person, but i should not have to be forced to read them.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
when the discussion talks about characters killing other characters in a book that has not been released yet its only a spoiler if those deaths were important to the plot of the story? that might be a little hard to do without having the finished book in front of you for the proper context of that death. i know im silly for not reading the random teasers and wanting to read the books as they were released like a normal person, but i should not have to be forced to read them.
No one is forcing you to do shit. You're the one trying to force people to do shit.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
No one forced you to read anything. You came into a thread with spoilers in the title and now 'u mad bro' at the fact that the thread had spoilers.

khalid

Unelected Mod
i know im silly for not reading the random teasers and wanting to read the books as they were released like a normal person, but i should not have to be forced to read them.
Why are you so interested in reading books "like a normal person" but are fine with watching trailers for next weeks episodes and reading up shit on wikipedia about tv shows?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Oh look, Astro does in fact watch the trailers for next weeks episode on tv shows

He also looks up wikipedia on characters in the marvel universe, you know, sources outside the tv show and movies

Fuck off with your hypocrisy.
its not hypocritical to read a wiki page and since i did not spoil anything, i read her wiki page not to see how she died, but to see what her importance is to the marvel universe is. by the way, that info is from published comics, not a few paragraphs tweeted from the author.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Why are you so interested in reading books "like a normal person" but are fine with watching trailers for next weeks episodes and reading up shit on wikipedia about tv shows?
reading up shit on wikipedia, you need to specify a little better than that. the trailer comes at the end of the show so sometimes its a little hard to avoid them. also the tv trailer is released on tv. do you understand the concept of that? thats right, i watched a preview for next week's tv show on tv. whereas here if i did not read a passage from a book the author has not released yet, i am fucked as a book reader and as a tv show watcher. good times my friend. good times

khalid

Unelected Mod
its not hypocritical to read a wiki page and since i did not spoil anything, i read her wiki page not to see how she died, but to see what her importance is to the marvel universe is. by the way, that info is from published comics, not a few paragraphs tweeted from the author.
Well, I think it is.

So should we also split all our spoiler pages by whether we count wikipedia as spoilers or not? I really don't fucking see how you can think some really early chapter is somehow a spoiler compared to wikipedia or a "in next weeks episode" shit. Certainly the latter often directly spoils major plotlines in tv shows.

Bottom line is your stance is hypocritical regardless of your opinion on the matter. If we followed your advice we would end up with 16 threads in some stupid ass decision tree of "level of spoilers". No thanks.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No one is forcing you to do shit. You're the one trying to force people to do shit.
oh good, then when are you merging the spoiler thread with the no spoiler thread? those people arent being forced to read the book spoilers so might as well combine everything.

khalid

Unelected Mod
oh good, then when are you merging the spoiler thread with the no spoiler thread? those people arent being forced to read the book spoilers so might as well combine everything.
This makes no sense bro. The other thread is only shit from the tv show, nothing else. This is the SPOILERS thread, what is so hard to understand?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well, I think it is.

So should we also split all our spoiler pages by whether we count wikipedia as spoilers or not? I really don't fucking see how you can think some really early chapter is somehow a spoiler compared to wikipedia or a "in next weeks episode" shit. Certainly the latter often directly spoils major plotlines in tv shows.

Bottom line is your stance is hypocritical regardless of your opinion on the matter. If we followed your advice we would end up with 16 threads in some stupid ass decision tree of "level of spoilers". No thanks.
its hypocritical to have 2 threads, one for people who dont want things from the books revealed and the other with people who have read the books and can talk freely about it. then tell someone, well now we are including material from books that nobody has read so if you have not read that teaser, then too bad.

This makes no sense bro. The other thread is only shit from the tv show, nothing else. This is the SPOILERS thread, what is so hard to understand?
the spoilers were contained to just the released books, now its anything anyone feels like talking about. if its on the internet, that means everyone has read it and so its ok to talk about.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Astro, we're not talking about any of the other released chapters in this thread. We are talking about book content, as it relates to the show, because they tied them both together. You're not hearing anything about Barristan, Tyrion, Arianne or Victarion chapters from TWOW.

spronk

FPS noob
here are all the unreleased chapters of Winds of Winter so you can spend the entire 15 minutes it'll take to read the 69 pages and stop being sandy cunts
PDFHost

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
whereas here if i did not read a passage from a book the author has not released yet
The author released the chapter of the book, so I'm not sure how that little hair splitting (OMG it's not PRINTED IN THE BOOK) matters in an online forum.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
here are all the unreleased chapters of Winds of Winter so you can spend the entire 15 minutes it'll take to read the 69 pages and stop being sandy cunts
PDFHost
i read the first one when it was released and then stopped because i felt like i was ruining the book experience for myself.