GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
is it racist to say you didn't give a shit about dorne or any of the asian dany-lands either

i still don't get the point of bringing in dorne, all these new characters who show up for a few chapters and then promptly die is gonna be a nightmare for the show
While I agree with your statement in principle, the show has done a "good" job with changing the overall narrative to fit the medium.

I mean, the whole shit with Melisandre visiting Thoros and Berric, to me, completely throws off the trajectory of the narrative for the show. All the Tyrion on the boats, Dany lust bullshit, the Dorne shit; they all will get shafted on time in show. Or, it/they will get morphed into a few serious players while B&B continue to adapt the books into the streamlined machine that the show has become.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
There is definatly a lot of weird shit in the books, who prolly wont make it in the series. E.g. that weird myrcella thing, I couldnt give two shits about, except that Axeman obliterates the Kingsguard dude.

What was that "I go save my little brother" stuff from Asha all about? That wasnt in the books, wasnt it?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Iron Islands chapters competed with Bran chapters for the Who Gives a Fuck award during my reading. Until like the last Bran chapter at least.
This. I found Victarion somewhat interesting in AFFC but that could entirely be because there wasn't a whole lot going on in that book POV wise lol

There is definatly a lot of weird shit in the books, who prolly wont make it in the series. E.g. that weird myrcella thing, I couldnt give two shits about, except that Axeman obliterates the Kingsguard dude.

What was that "I go save my little brother" stuff from Asha all about? That wasnt in the books, wasnt it?
No it wasn't. Asha pretty much thinks she can win the kingsmoot after baelon dies, ends up not doing so. She ends up going back to Deepwood Motte where she becomes captive.
I'm guessing its just another way for her to meet up with theon, but i doubt it will be the case of her not being able to recognize him heh

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
The early iron island chapters are kind of shit but they are the setup for the Islanders to wreck shit up in the south then eventually to Victarion sailing to Dany and wrecking even more stuff in the process. Cercei declining to help the south then the faith turning out to not be the ally she expected is going to get her cornered something fierce. As for Dorne, well, they are the logical ally of Dany in Westeros, so I figure that is where she's going to land and start the war from there. So it's another slow setup for something to come.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Needless covered it but I'm pretty sure she takes Deepwood Motte and then Stannis takes it from her, captures her, and then her and Theon reunite at Winterfell while Stannis's army is camped outside.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The Iron Islands are awesome, and so are Dorne and Essos. Honestly, standard Westeros (Kings Landing, Casterly Rock, Winterfell) is boring as shit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
While I agree with your statement in principle, the show has done a "good" job with changing the overall narrative to fit the medium.

I mean, the whole shit with Melisandre visiting Thoros and Berric, to me, completely throws off the trajectory of the narrative for the show. All the Tyrion on the boats, Dany lust bullshit, the Dorne shit; they all will get shafted on time in show. Or, it/they will get morphed into a few serious players while B&B continue to adapt the books into the streamlined machine that the show has become.
See I thought if anyone would get shafted on time it'd be Bran, but he's goofing off every episode.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Needless covered it but I'm pretty sure she takes Deepwood Motte and then Stannis takes it from her, captures her, and then her and Theon reunite at Winterfell while Stannis's army is camped outside.
That is correct, i just left out what happens in between her getting captured lol

Needless

Toe Sucker
Aren't faceless men incredibly expensive? I don't really see the connection there, but interesting none the less.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
The story in Winterfell and Theon is Theon rescuing "Arya" who is really Jeyne. He meets up with Stannis' camp outside of Winterfell which has Asha there, Asha tries to get her brother back and fails so she says that they should behead him infront of a heart tree Ned Stark style. Then the book ends before anything happens.

Also it wasn't the faceless men that killed Balon, it was obviously the lord of light. As Melisandre took the leechs with kings blood and cursed Balon, Robb, and Joffery and boom all three die.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So Jeyne married Robb in the book, yet in the show it was hotass-not-Jeyne. Are they just going to throw in some random Jeyne now that has little tie to the show?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>