GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've said it before but I'm 99% certain that Myrcella is going to be killed by Cersei's batshit insane assassination plot of Trystane Martel.

The only way to King's Landing from Dorne is going to be through territory taken by Aegon so she will be disguised as a boy to make it. Trystane isn't going because they found out about the plot. So Cersei's assassins will think that Myrcells is Trystane and shoot her.

The only hitch is that I think her Kingsguard is going after Darkstar first so maybe she goes without him knowing leaving her further unguarded and unprepared.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
http://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/

This is some amazing analysis of AFFC and ADWD and where it seems to be heading.

tl;dr Tyrion sets Dany up for a civil war with Aegon. Myrcella and Tommen die in horrible ways when Connington takes Kings Landing. Jon Snow gets religion after being ressed and makes the right decisions for the wrong reasons.
I feel that there is absolutely no way the reality of the books is going to live up to that analysis and those expectations, hah. Jesus man, I am a huge fan of this series and really all of GRRM's work, but that is taking it to a level that is too weird even for me.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've said it before but I'm 99% certain that Myrcella is going to be killed by Cersei's batshit insane assassination plot of Trystane Martel.

The only way to King's Landing from Dorne is going to be through territory taken by Aegon so she will be disguised as a boy to make it. Trystane isn't going because they found out about the plot. So Cersei's assassins will think that Myrcells is Trystane and shoot her.

The only hitch is that I think her Kingsguard is going after Darkstar first so maybe she goes without him knowing leaving her further unguarded and unprepared.
This is a pretty good guess but I hope it doesn't play out like that. Honestly I'd love it if after the march of shame Cersei changes character in the same way Jaime did. That hope is partially inspired because after 5 books and 4 seasons of her and Catelyn being crazy mothers I've had enough.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
GRRM claims the show doesn't color his perception of the characters but I think that's bullshit.
Yeah he pretty much said the exact opposite in one of the S1 commentaries about Osha and how that character is portrayed in the show vs. the books. That could just be the stiffy that Natalia Tena gives him talking though.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Are you saying he wrote Osha differently in the books that had been finished for a decade because people liked her so much in season one?

Royal

No I'm saying that his perception of the character has been changed by the show. Or rather that's what he said, in so many words.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What did you lot think of the scene with Jamie and Cercei? On reddit it's all "omg rape" and how it was supposedly out of character for Jamie.
Personally, I didn't think it came across as rape at all. To me it seemed she was reluctant at first (I guess in a church next to your dead child is not the most appropriate location) but gave in to lust later.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
What did you lot think of the scene with Jamie and Cercei? On reddit it's all "omg rape" and how it was supposedly out of character for Jamie.
Personally, I didn't think it came across as rape at all. To me it seemed she was reluctant at first (I guess in a church next to your dead child is not the most appropriate location) but gave in to lust later.
Rape. Not too out of character though as Jamie isnt exactly a white knight of virtue. Also doing it next to a corpse of your kid is..gross? And i was just beginning to like Jamie
frown.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Rape. If the same thing happened in Jaime/Cersei's bed chambers (with no corpse around) in the exact same why I'd probably say not-rape.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I never said Tywin wasn't trying to manipulate. But his idea may be "Have a good king with Lannister blood." In the end is that really bad? Cersei is what, 30 or something?, Tywin is probably in the sunset of his life anyways. Just trying to make sure he leaves house Lannister in as good a spot as possible.
In the show I think the twins are supposed to be ~40ish. Recall a comment about Jaime's age in one of this season's episodes.

I think it's also pretty clear that Tywin's goal is to fortify House Lannister's position as the #1 house/rulers of Westeros. Not really a selfish goal, per se.

EDIT: I'd say it was rape, as well. I'm not too lenient on things like that, though. I found it to be out of character for him.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It seems like twow is the first book made after the success of GoT, so I imagine if we see any stark movements of characters from how they were portrayed in the books to how they're portrayed in the show we'll probably be enlightened a little.

Then again, almost all the main characters had huge changes in the 4th and 5th book. I can't think of any characters who both had their characters changed somewhat for the show and won't have those small changes be devoured by the huge changes in books 4/5.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It was like G rated rape. GRape. Now that's a product idea if I've ever heard one. HBO is sitting on a gold mine. "Lannister Grape" flavored drinks and water additive (like that MiO shit). Have a picture of that scene on the bottle.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Women all have rape fantasies. Cersei probably loved it. The wettest she's been in years.

Royal

From the non-spoiler thread:

The most fascinating thing about Tywin to me is how he can shrug off everything and be level headed and plan for the future except for one thing. Tyrion and the fact the mother died giving birth to him. Tyrion is his Achilles heel.
lulz
I think if you look at it from the perspective of opportunity cost, that's probably spot on. Of his three children, Tyrion is the one that possesses the most of the right qualities of his father for insuring the long term success of House Lannister, and that just further inflames Tywin's disdain of the "least" of his offspring. If he could have ever just said "fuck it" with respect to his perceived failings, his house would have been the better for it. Instead Tywin chose to scatter that to the wind.