GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Could be poisoned by Oberyn, or could just be heavy symbolism. The fact he was on the shitter could just be a reference to everyone saying he shit's gold as even Tyrion remarks after killing him. The smell from the corpse could just be some sort of metaphor for his aura of general sourness. I mean GRRM even made the man who never smiled finally smile on his deathbed.

Personally I don't believe one more than the other.
Agree but if GRRM did in fact say he was poisoned I guess it doesn't matter.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
People say that he says things, it is hard to source them. People have said for years that he stated if he dies no one will continue the story, they burn his notes or whatever, but no one can ever source the quote.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
He probably gets asked a lot of stupid questions, and he likely throws out a lot of sarcasm. Of course there's some people who will take him literally.

khalid

Unelected Mod
People say that he says things, it is hard to source them. People have said for years that he stated if he dies no one will continue the story, they burn his notes or whatever, but no one can ever source the quote.
He has certainly never said he will burn his notes. In general he has been reluctant to directly answer the question about him continuing in the series. What we do know is he HATES fan fiction and other people writing in worlds.
Not A Blog - Someone Is Angry On the Internet

He often mentions how he thinks some authors finishing a series after the original authors death ruins the world. He has praised the Tolkien estate for protecting their copyright so strongly and said directly he doesn't want to see shit like "Sauron strikes back". He also has written about how much he disliked the Zelany estate allowing people to write in the Chronicles of Amber world and that it hurt the series.

All that shit is in his Not A Blog, which sadly I have been following since it first came out. What he has never done though, is said he would burn his notes.

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
Doesn't Tyrion's rage come from the rape and divorce from his first wife? Who might still be alive?
Compounded by his fathers general douchebaggery all through he and his siblings childhood (which is what drove Jamie and Cersei together forinstance), and personal disrespect for being a dwarf, yes. The rape/divorce thing is the last (very big) straw, on top of all that old shit, and the recent crap of his trial etc. I imagine the show will include a little extra info during character dialogue to drive that home fully before the actual final confrontation, for those who werent paying attention/havent read the books/didnt think it was that serious.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
the showrunners know how the story ends including the character arcs so it doesn't matter (to the show) if grrm dies or not anymore
George RR Martin Has Had To Tell The Game Of Thrones Showrunners How The Story Ends Because Theyre Out Of Step??? - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors
Heh, I wonder if when people hear what GRMM wants to do they try to change his mind. There's at least a dozen characters whose outcomes I feel vested in and I imagine with GRRM's predilection toward chaos and character changes there will be a number that I am upset about.

Has it been confirmed that Griff is indeed Aegon?
From the time I finished the books I've never bought the Griff = Aegon thing. Like Jon Con genuinely believes it, but at the end of the day I think it's just another Varys thing.

If he wanted a Targaryen on the throne you have Daenerys with an undeniable claim to the throne and 3 very real dragons on the business end. Why go to all of the trouble to convince the entire realm that Ser Gregor actually crushed some pleb kid's skull while the real prince escaped? We already saw that shit with the Theon storyline.

I've read the various Blackfyre theories about Varys, but iirc that all went down over a century before the current characters would have been born. Why would anyone still care enough to put on such a grand conspiracy when backing Daenerys would be about a million times more practical and achievable? You already have the Martells on board without dangling a fake Elia's son in front of them, etc.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Its all about the backup plans. Daeny's arranged wedding deal fell through so aegon is their plan b. I imagine there is a plan c d and e.

Chris

Potato del Grande
"Why would Varys create Aegon when he has Daenerys plus Dragons?"

Varys didn't know about Daenerys being credible because Dragons when he put the plan in motion 10+ years before.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Plus he doesn't know if Daenarys will ever be the Targaryen he needs or will ever come to Westeros.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah she could die shitting blood at the start of the next book, what does Varys do then?

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dany's brother was also the next in line and he was shit. Fake Aegon was a hedge against that, not Dany. Now that Dany is catching interest, Varys would have to account for that.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
Was that scene at the end with what I assume is the Others in the book? I don't remember that. But it has been quite a while.