GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You realize GRRM has no veto power on the show, right?
He might not have veto power(though do you have a source for that or are you assuming?), but the creators are clearly fans of his work and he is heavily involved with the show. I can't imagine they are doing anything without his input.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You realize GRRM has no veto power on the show, right?

Next episode they could have aliens come down to westeros and start anal probing and there is fuck all that GRRM can do about it. He's contractually obligated to write 1 episode per season so they'd tell him what needs to happen in the episode he's given, and he'd write it. It could be "santa claus comes down from the lands of always winter with a machine gun and fights the aliens, Go" and he'd write the episode about that.
What basis are you making these claims? I haven't heard of any times where he's protested what they did in the show and he seems like the kind of guy that would protest loudly and frequently.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
If he didn't have veto power, he'd post one thing on his blog about how the show was getting it WRONG and then all of the butthurt fans would tear each other apart.

Needless

Toe Sucker
What basis are you making these claims? I haven't heard of any times where he's protested what they did in the show and he seems like the kind of guy that would protest loudly and frequently.
It's called pulling it out of his ass, bro

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
I always assumed that any significant changes from the book to the show were approved(ish?) through GRRM. Renly being overtly gay in the show as apposed to it just being hinted at in the books is a good example IMO. Queen of thorns being involved in Joff's death is another. I'm just going to assume the Night's King was approved by GRRM unless he says otherwise.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Queen of thorns being involved in Joff's death is another.
Huh? Olenna Tyrell had the same involvement in the books and the show.

Oh, I forgot to mention I was surprised that Margery didn't know Joefrey was going to die before it happened. I think that was a strategic miss-step because Margery could've easily implicated herself in the act or drank from the wine itself. It's just fiction but I guess I thought it was a dumb idea.

Needless

Toe Sucker
That would have been great, instead of Joffrey drinking his wine, it ended up being margaery instead.
OMG KINSLAYER OF THORNS!

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
It was just hinted at is what I recall but not confirmed in anyway. I even think it was more Tyrion thinking it all through than anything. /shrug

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
GRRM started in television. He knows as well as anyone that you can't tell a story the same way through 1 hour TV segments as you can in a book.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I always assumed that any significant changes from the book to the show were approved(ish?) through GRRM. Renly being overtly gay in the show as apposed to it just being hinted at in the books is a good example IMO. Queen of thorns being involved in Joff's death is another. I'm just going to assume the Night's King was approved by GRRM unless he says otherwise.
I agree that GRRM is involved in all of this, but those aren't really "significant changes" from the books. These are simply things we can't see in the books. It's safe to say they were still happening and part of GRRM's world, if they are in the show. We get info and hints from POV characters in the book, but the show actually confirms those things by allowing us to see other characters when they are alone or away from the book POVs.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm going back to read up on Joff's death a little and something I forgot: Sansa realizes sort of what happened before she even meets up with LF. This is when Dontos is taking her to the boat.

Sansa pulled away from his touch. ?You said I must wear the hair net. The silver net with? what sort of stones are those??
?Amethysts. Black amethysts from Asshai, my lady.?
?They?re no amethysts. Are they? Are they? You lied.?
?Black amethysts,? he swore. ?There was magic in them.?
?There was murder in them!?
?Softly, my lady, softly. No murder. He choked on his pigeon pie.? Dontos chortled. ?Oh, tasty tasty pie. Silver and stones, that?s all it was, silver and stone and magic.?
The bells were tolling, and the wind was making a noise like he had made as he tried to suck a breath of air.?You poisoned him. You did. You took a stone from my hair??
?Hush, you?ll be the death of us. I did nothing. Come, we must away, they?ll search for you. Your husband?s been arrested.?
As for whether or not Olenna is implicated

Sansa spooned up some juice from her own orange. ?But if it wasn?t the Kettleblacks and it wasn?t Ser Dontos? you weren?t even in the city, and it couldn?t have been Tyrion??
?No more guesses, sweetling??
She shook her head. ?I don?t??
Petyr smiled.?I will wager you that at some point during the evening someone told you that your hair net was crooked and straightened it for you.?
Sansa raised a hand to her mouth. ?You cannot mean? she wanted to take me to Highgarden, to marry me to her grandson??

iannis

Musty Nester
He might not have veto power(though do you have a source for that or are you assuming?), but the creators are clearly fans of his work and he is heavily involved with the show. I can't imagine they are doing anything without his input.
He could pitch a fucking fit on the interwebs and hurt their ratings.

He who has the power to destroy a thing controls that thing.

Needless

Toe Sucker
He could pitch a fucking fit on the interwebs and hurt their ratings.

He who has the power to destroy a thing controls that thing.
You really think that would make a difference? Unless he pulls some ultimatum where he'll refuse to finish the series over something, who cares lol
They already have him around the balls anyway.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
So, women are bitchin about convicted killers/rapists doing what they do, but where was the outcry when Theon got his dick cut off? That's ok, I guess? Hypocrisy at it's finest.

iannis

Musty Nester
I mean it's not like he ever would. Just he could. It's not like he could kill the show, or even come close, but he could create enough retarded nerd drama to cost them money if he really wanted to destroy himself in the process.

And they would bury him. And then someone would res him and he would be UnGRRM.

And the books might get finished that way.

DO IT, HBO.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Quote Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
It's called pulling it out of his ass, bro
George R.R. Martin | Talks at Google - YouTube

it's an hour of GRRM talking about the show and his involvement, answering questions. For basically a direct quote of what I posted, Skip to the 32:30 minute mark. He uses the same example, aliens coming down to westeros.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, women are bitchin about convicted killers/rapists doing what they do, but where was the outcry when Theon got his dick cut off? That's ok, I guess? Hypocrisy at it's finest.
They have also made TWO jokes of people eating footlong sausages. One with Theon in the Scene and one right after they showed Theon. This shows extreme insensitivity to the male viewership.