GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I could understand having a contextual issue with Night's King's appearance if he had never been mentioned on the show before. I don't recall anyone talking about him.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I could understand having a contextual issue with Night's King's appearance if he had never been mentioned on the show before. I don't recall anyone talking about him.
Can we ban super touch from this thread? He thinks jojen warged into a the ice baby and needs every character introduced with a long narrative apparently.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Should they talk about every character before we see them? The "Night's King" name was released in error on HBO's website, so contextually, wedon'tknow who he is. That doesn't really have any bearing on whether or not the scene was good, in my opinion.

Siliconemelons

Thanks for the answers re: my Valar Morghulis question.

I had just thought the phrase had more meaning that what seems to be their equivalent of 'YOLO', but I wasn't too sure either way. The thing is, I'mreally hesitantto do a web search on pretty much any GofT question as I really don't want to get accidentally spoilered (yet again) so actually asking here in the no spoilers thread is the best option going.

I know it all came from the moment where the face-changing Assassin (Jaqen) had given Arya the coin.

From a GofT wiki:
From that, it seemed (to me) that the phrase had a deeper and more important meaning. It's like "This coin and this phrase will lead you to me"

Then after that the other uses of the phrase in the show seemed to vary and that built confusion.

I found the coin scene on Youtube last night and re-watched it, I can still see how I left with that impression. Oh and I also found a web question posted by a person who sort of thought like me. In the end it probably comes down to me missing an episode along the way, something as simple as that.
Indeed, I think the bravvos + coin + saying the phrase is the means, not just the phrase itself.

iannis

Musty Nester
Take this benjamin down to the ghetto and speak the words, "I wants to get hiiiiigh", and you shall find your way to crack.

I took it as a passcode myself at first, but once they started saying it more in the show it's more like. Oh, it's just a somewhat common saying. But the faceless men are centered in bravos... so basically anyone you meet around there is going to know the places that any sane man with a face -avoids-, so you'll get pointed generally in the right direction. And the faceless men will hear about a dumb-fuck foreigner asking questions. They'll find you.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It means different things to different cultures and people in the GoT universe, all of centered around the mortality of man.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That's where GRRM, the penultimate troll, hurts every butt he can get his hands on. Book reader butts, show watching butts...GRRM is an equal opportunity penetrator of nerd asses.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I always thought of it like "Aloha" it means Hello, Goodbye and I want some Hawaiian Pizza and I want some Good Weed ... etc

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well, he is King Back doorer. Not thinking about the books, there isn't a problem with that scene. It was very good.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I like that everyone of us pretty much wants to have book 6 in our hands as fast as fucking possible, but if things that will, possibly, be in that book are leaked into the show people get shitty. It's like you're waiting on a meal you know takes an hour to cook and some one offers you appetizers and you're like "FUCK! THIS ISN'T MY MEAL! WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING?!?!" I hope GRRM show's a fourth dragon or some crazy shit before Winds of Winter comes out so the nerd butthurt hurricane will rage.

Also I'd put money on Coldhands rescuing Bran. He may not come and destroy the mutineers as we've seen Jon fighting them in the previews, but maybe they drag him to the wilderness to sacrifice him or something stupid and CH kills ol' nutsack face and some other douches. I don't see GRRM liking Jon and Bran meeting at this point. It's like "Hey Jon all your family is dead and MIA. Oh except here's one, but you're going to let him go wander into the upcoming war zone instead of protecting him. KK COOL!"

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I like that everyone of us pretty much wants to have book 6 in our hands as fast as fucking possible, but if things that will, possibly, be in that book are leaked into the show people get shitty. It's like you're waiting on a meal you know takes an hour to cook and some one offers you appetizers and you're like "FUCK! THIS ISN'T MY MEAL! WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING?!?!" I hope GRRM show's a fourth dragon or some crazy shit before Winds of Winter comes out so the nerd butthurt hurricane will rage.

Also I'd put money on Coldhands rescuing Bran. He may not come and destroy the mutineers as we've seen Jon fighting them in the previews, but maybe they drag him to the wilderness to sacrifice him or something stupid and CH kills ol' nutsack face and some other douches. I don't see GRRM liking Jon and Bran meeting at this point. It's like "Hey Jon all your family is dead and MIA. Oh except here's one, but you're going to let him go wander into the upcoming war zone instead of protecting him. KK COOL!"
agree 100%

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hey, as long as the appetizer doesn't ruin the main course it's fine. It's more like a potential butt hurt for me. I won't know until I've read the next books (if ever) and by that point I probably won't give a shit anymore.

And that's a good idea for how to introduce Coldhands.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i mentioned it a few days ago. coldhands rescues bran and co from sacrifice, i also said he is a white walker with NK or is NK himself.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It might be time to add the "no pussy shit" rule to the spoiler thread as well.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
This season blows donkey dick, deviations all over the place cause it assumes the audience is a bunch of fucking morons - which they probably are.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's too bad Aamina doesn't still post here. He could probably share some of the novella he's written about Margery.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I don't see GRRM liking Jon and Bran meeting at this point. It's like "Hey Jon all your family is dead and MIA. Oh except here's one, but you're going to let him go wander into the upcoming war zone instead of protecting him. KK COOL!"
You realize GRRM has no veto power on the show, right?

Next episode they could have aliens come down to westeros and start anal probing and there is fuck all that GRRM can do about it. He's contractually obligated to write 1 episode per season so they'd tell him what needs to happen in the episode he's given, and he'd write it. It could be "santa claus comes down from the lands of always winter with a machine gun and fights the aliens, Go" and he'd write the episode about that.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You realize GRRM has no veto power on the show, right?

Next episode they could have aliens come down to westeros and start anal probing and there is fuck all that GRRM can do about it. He's contractually obligated to write 1 episode per season so they'd tell him what needs to happen in the episode he's given, and he'd write it. It could be "santa claus comes down from the lands of always winter with a machine gun and fights the aliens, Go" and he'd write the episode about that.
I don't know, I think he has more influence than all that. He might not be dictating exactly what is happening, reading and okaying every script or whatever, but these are all his hand-picked people creating this shit, and I think it is fair to assume that he is involved at least somewhat in the creative direction.

He sure as hell isn't involved in writing with any sort of speed.