GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Benjen and Syrio are enjoying life on a tropical island.

At first I was a little put off by them having Bran at Craster's, but it was all worth it for the Hodor warging scene. I'm happy they didn't have Jon see Bran, though. That would have been an odd departure from the books.

spronk

FPS noob
What mystery? The quick half line about him not coming back? That was used to justify Mormonts ranging.

Give it up, benjen is gone
Benjen Stark, Strong Belwas, and Syrio Forel walk into a bar. He orders a drink.

imo the only reason they haven't shown Coldhands is that his face will be a "shock" ala notCat, ergo Coldhands is Benjen. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

hXRfikM.gif

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was kind of thinking the same thing, spronk. Otherwise, they might just be writing the character out of the show altogether.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Benjen wouldn't be a shock to anyone except us. Some character shown for like 5 minutes in episode 1?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If this season is any indication, if they show a previously on Game of Thrones scene with him in it, you now he's showing up.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think it'll happen. Concurrently with Season 6 is more likely, but I'd say next summer/fall is a better bet who knows. How long does it take to edit these things? Does anyone really even know how much he has written so far?

If season 6 is entirely TWoW and they've exhausted all their material from Feast and Dance, then it has to come out before then otherwise what's the point. With the way the show is going though, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm totally wrong.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think there is any chance TWoW releases with season 5. I think he's even given some quotes saying that he's not even close to being done. I wonder if HBO knew it was going to be like this when the show first started, that the book series wasn't going to be completed in the next 7 years. I think if they had their way they would prefer the books to be done by now but they can't do nothing about it now.

The craster scene was the very definition of a filler arc. It's only purpose was to give Jon/Bran actors screen time since absolutely nothing impacted the characters at the end of it. Both Jon and Bran are on the same path they were before Bran gets kidnapped, with the added bonus of Jon knowing Bran is alive.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The craster scene was the very definition of a filler arc. It's only purpose was to give Jon/Bran actors screen time since absolutely nothing impacted the characters at the end of it. Both Jon and Bran are on the same path they were before Bran gets kidnapped, with the added bonus of Jon knowing Bran is alive.
Seriously. After looking at that link with all the remaining chapters, it's looking like they're just going to be trying to stretch things out. I'd guess midway through next season we'll see the end of Bran's currently written chapters, and at that point they'll have to either make up some new shit or start going heavily into Winds of Winter content (if any is written by then). Honestly, I'd say next season will start to see the book and show diverge considerably.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Both are filler to us as book readers, and I guess that's the point of this thread, but my wife was really nervous that Locke was going to kill Jon, but then kill Bran instead, so I think that provided some suspense if you look at it from a non-book lens (I just keep telling her everyone is going to die because after Joffrey she asks anytime someone gets into a precarious situation... seriously she's asked if Tyrion is going die about 7 times now).

You could probably argue that everything is filler between big major plot points from a book readers perspective, but if you are purely show watcher, that was the end of a major new plot with Jon going to unknowingly rescue Bran from the Night's Watch guys at Craster's.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
everything with bran these last two episodes was filler. it would have been just as uneventful if they had just kept walking through the snow. the time wasted filming those scenes could have been spent elsewhere. bran's story is boring and so far unimportant. i mean when he docks with the weirwood tree he cant even communicate to anyone, so anything he finds out will be fricking useless.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
everything with bran these last two episodes was filler. it would have been just as uneventful if they had just kept walking through the snow. the time wasted filming those scenes could have been spent elsewhere. bran's story is boring and so far unimportant. i mean when he docks with the weirwood tree he cant even communicate to anyone, so anything he finds out will be fricking useless.
Yeah, but you have to assume he becomes important later on. So, what are the show writers supposed to do? Forget about his character for 3 seasons then show us a post puberty actor everyone has forgotten about?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Yep, the Bran storyline is at least so far better than the books. At least we got something other than endless wandering in the woods.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Jon's success at Caster's keep is going to be very significant in setting up his being chosen as the commander of the Night's Watch in the show's version of events.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, but you have to assume he becomes important later on. So, what are the show writers supposed to do? Forget about his character for 3 seasons then show us a post puberty actor everyone has forgotten about?
well we havent seen lyssa or her tittybaby since season one and people still knew who they were. and in GRRM's world people who have developed stories die before they can reach their goals all the time.

open question, what does anyone think Bran will ever accomplish? for me i chalk it up to the cripple kid having something to do to feel useful but not being really useful at all.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know what Bran will do but I think it will be something more significant than, "I feel bad for cripples so I'll make him important" or whatever it is you are insinuating.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
well we havent seen lyssa or her tittybaby since season one and people still knew who they were. and in GRRM's world people who have developed stories die before they can reach their goals all the time.

open question, what does anyone think Bran will ever accomplish? for me i chalk it up to the cripple kid having something to do to feel useful but not being really useful at all.
I think they will use Bran to flash back to the Tower of Joy/maybe to show how the Others were repelled previously.