GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's what you consider pussy shit, when this thread is loaded with nostradouching? I'll kindly fuck off, it's okay, I was just terribly bored and looking for anything to discuss.
Be honest. Is your opinion on the mountain based on reading the book and it not fitting your image of it? I'm probably being douchy myself for complaining about it but people just can't stop coming here comparing shit to the book. The mountain has had so little effect on the show that I just can't see getting worked up over someone that has had like what 2 scenes? As far as all the nostradouching in here, nothing we can do about it if people aren't coming clean on if they read the book or not. Might as well git rid of the thread at that point.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The book has nothing to do with this, talking about it is just a distraction. The mountain is the baddest man on the planet. He's the older brother of one of the main characters. He's been shown a lot in the first season as looking like he was the Hound's older brother. Now he looks like the Hound's younger brother.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Oberyn doesn't have long hair like in the book, I'M PISSED AS FUCK. BOOOOOO URNNNNNS
This completely outweighs the fact that everything else completely fits his character

BOOOOOO URNNNSSSS

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It would have helped if they dyed his hair black and gave him a beard. He will look more menacing in armor as well.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Halley Berry as Storm? What the fuck were they thinking? She's such a little girl. Storm should be someone with a booming and powerful voice! That's who the goddess of weather controlling really is.

Sterling

El Presidente
A lot of people do hate Berry as Storm. Not sure that was a good example if you're railing against the Mountain hate.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Even if you're strictly a show watcher and know nothing of the Mountain in the books, you should still be disappointed because the actor from season 1 was leagues ahead of this guy.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tuco - in the pussy thread you said you think the Mountain is the baddest man on the planet. Is that what you actually believe? Or is 'baddest' more meant to describe him skull fucking the country side for 3 books?

I ask because I've always assumed Barristan was the baddest dude in the current timeline.

Before people jump down my throat about bringing up THIS discussion, eat shit. That is all.

Sterling

El Presidente
Kind of feel more like people fall into tiers rather than explicitly x > y > z sort of thing. Mountain is certainly in the top tier. Plus he's freakish big/strong and generally scary as fuck i'd imagine.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
At Selmy's age, he could probably still kill anyone who fought in a traditional style. But he's too old to run circles around the mountain.

As Barristan explains it, nobody would have a perfect record if you had a giant round-robin. Pre-nerf Jaime would probably wind up with the best record if they fought today, but Barristan in his prime is the only guy that might have run the table.

Post-nerf Jaime? I'd guess the Mountain would win overall, but it's hard to say based on the way they've been described.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Be honest. Is your opinion on the mountain based on reading the book and it not fitting your image of it? I'm probably being douchy myself for complaining about it but people just can't stop coming here comparing shit to the book. The mountain has had so little effect on the show that I just can't see getting worked up over someone that has had like what 2 scenes? As far as all the nostradouching in here, nothing we can do about it if people aren't coming clean on if they read the book or not. Might as well git rid of the thread at that point.
Ah. I was saying I don't care overmuch because his established dimensions are impossible anyway, outside of forced-perspective trickery (lame for action scenes) or CGI. So it's more about finding someone who is both abnormally large AND menacing - which can't be all that easy, so I'm not worried about it.

He'll look a LOT better when he's in his armor.

EDIT: As far as the age thing, Peter Dinklage is ~10 years too old and much too handsome to be Tyrion. And none of us gave a flying shit after episode 1, heh.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Another shot of the new Mountain.

WxYGGHC.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ah. I was saying I don't care overmuch because his established dimensions are impossible anyway, outside of forced-perspective trickery (lame for action scenes) or CGI. So it's more about finding someone who is both abnormally large AND menacing - which can't be all that easy, so I'm not worried about it.

He'll look a LOT better when he's in his armor.
If they gave him a dark beard and long dark hair nobody would be saying shit I think. They easily could have made him look older with make up. Dunno if that was a mistake on their part or what. As far as the choosing of this actor, his size is perfect.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Boy got nerfed into the ground. Then ghostcrawler was like "well, we gave you a useless fucking golden hand, aren't you happy now?"

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My issue with the previous Mountains is they were all very tall but also lanky. When I think of the mountain I think of an absolutely freak of nature in both height and width. The new guy fits that better than the others. I will agree they should have done some makeup trickeries to make him resemble The Hound at least in the slightest.