GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I made the mistake of posting in the spoiler thread having not read the books and not only did I get spoiled but people actually mounted an effort to PM spoilers on top of it.

Luckily I didnt see anything straight up story breaking, but one spoiler I read that if true, makes GRRM a troll.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Great to see GoT again. The Tyrion/Tywin scene was easily the best of the episode and captured that scene perfectly. Both of those actors are so good in their roles, especially Peter Dinklage, whose acts so confident in front of everyone but he's able to act completely intimidated by Tywin.

I also think Joeffrey's character, Jack Gleeson really stepped up his game so far this season. I've generally not liked his character but his performance in the dinner scene was very subtle but more complexity of his character than they've shown before. On the flip side I'm already sick of Cersei. I mean does she have to act so insufferable with every line. It's like she gives this dumb pause and then thinks about the most retarded thing she can say.

Danearys and Jorah was lame as usual, but at least the slaver picked up the slack a bit. I also think that the unsullied look a little... weak and dorky. There's just something off about them. Maybe I expected more 300.

I expected less of this:
unsullied_essaouira2-e1350492538611.jpe

and more of this:
tumblr_mbzrwjYdoj1qlascao1_500.jpg

Also as cool as Barristan's character is he still looks like an old man pretending to be younger. In the books he had a certain presence that he could fuck people up at will. Maybe I just wanted to see him hipthrow Jorah on his ass before stabbing the scarab-mantis. But he should consider training with
stephen-lang.jpg

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Real surprised about the Barristan reveal so early, it makes me wonder how they are going to treat the scene later on with Jorah. Wasn't it Barristan who reveals Jorah to Dany after getting outed? (I thought it was also partially the reason he was disguised as well, since he knows why Jorah is there).

Sad about no Belwas, but that's only because of one scene in the books. I thought the episode was pretty good but I think book readers (and I am one) are going to just have to accept the fact that the show is going to change (radically in some ways) things. I think we're going to see that the changes made in S2 are going to have a domino effect for S3 (and further).
It's easy to disguise someone as someone else in a book, not so much in a TV show. Besides, Jorah being ousted doesn't need the Barristan reveal.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah, the Unsullied remind me of the Dothraki, they're supposed to be these amazing warriors, but they don't look even remotely martial (except for Drogo of course). Is it that hard to find guys who are built, vaguely eastern looking and able to remember their lines? Dany's bloodriders look like they were recruited at a bookstore.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the Unsullied remind me of the Dothraki, they're supposed to be these amazing warriors, but they don't look even remotely martial (except for Drogo of course). Is it that hard to find guys who are built, vaguely eastern looking and able to remember their lines? Dany's bloodriders look like they were recruited at a bookstore.
lol. It's like GRRM started a kickstarter. $100 gets silver membership, you get to be part of the unsullied in the tv show! $1000 gets platinum, you get your nipple cut off!

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Been a long time since I read book 3, the slaver was the one who explained their training and why they don't feel pain yeah? Guessing that will be something Grey Worm explains to Dany later in the show.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
fyi I'll be causing all kinds of drama on this forum when I ban people for even the most innocent of spoilers in this thread. Bottom line, if you've read the books or know what's happened then be very careful about posting in this thread.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I read I think 300 pages into Book 3 and I'm pretty sure they're already showing stuff in the show that I haven't read yet.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah on the unsulled, the way they snapped back to attention as the slaver walked down the middle of them look more like high school band practice instead of elite warriors. Also i felt th scene with barristand getting introduced fell so fucking flat, "he is the greatest warrior in westeros" all monotone as fuck.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Real surprised about the Barristan reveal so early, it makes me wonder how they are going to treat the scene later on with Jorah. Wasn't it Barristan who reveals Jorah to Dany after getting outed? (I thought it was also partially the reason he was disguised as well, since he knows why Jorah is there).

Sad about no Belwas, but that's only because of one scene in the books. I thought the episode was pretty good but I think book readers (and I am one) are going to just have to accept the fact that the show is going to change (radically in some ways) things. I think we're going to see that the changes made in S2 are going to have a domino effect for S3 (and further).
Agreed - I don't really want to accept it though, as the books are so good (and so much better than the show, as good as it is).

Was also disappointed as hell in the unsullied. I thought they'd all be lean, ripped dudes covered in bronze.... not faded steel and leather. The amazing thing to me about this show is how brilliant the casting was initially - Joff, Tyrion (all the Lannisters and Starks), Petyr, Varys, Daeny, etc... essentially everyone from season 1.... and how weird some of the casting is now. I pictured Mance as younger/better looking (in my fevered fantasies), and he doesn't look the part. The new Gregor Clegane looks terrible - like Dirk Nowitzki in armor.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Spring were was the new hound at? Also dominic west would of been perfect, young charismatic jovial. God damn it Mcnulty Drunk Beyond the Wall.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Season 2 supposedly ended with some of the beginning of Storm of Swords, and the beginning of Season 3 is supposed to have some stuff from the end of Clash of Kings.

I was reading Clash of Kings and then misplaced it, just found it last week and will start reading it again and continue slowly to get up to speed. If i remember, ill try and figure out what crossed seasons.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Spring were was the new hound at? Also dominic west would of been perfect, young charismatic jovial. God damn it Mcnulty Drunk Beyond the Wall.
Haven't shown him this season - he was in a few episodes at the end of last season though, in Harrenhall (looking all tall and gangly). The trial of Tyrion would have been so much more epic had they been able to keep the original Mountain.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah do your very best to stay the fuck out of that other thread. We post stuff that would be a spoiler for you in just about every damned post. RESIST!
Not only that, but a lot of stuff from books 4 and 5. So even if you're caught up with book 3 for the show, we'll still spoiler the shit out of some stuff.