GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Liked the changes to the opening. Was hoping after smoking Winterfell the map would pan to The Dreadfort, but I'll have to wait a few more eps.

Can't wait for the Bolton's.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
gregor in blackface
manute.jpg

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Yeah, I actually liked the way they went with the giant, instead of a huge yeti. I'm sure some nerds somewhere are pissed though.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
No ancient army in the world ever looked like the 300 dudes, that is the result of todays bodybuilding and nutrition. I bet if you guys think about medieval armies you expect huge cavalery charges on all sides, guys clad in plate armor from head to toe, when in reality only the richest of knights and lords could afford that stuff.

That flamboyant pseudo-roman guy in the picture is a joke aswell, that is not what the average legionnaire looked like.

Anyways, episode was a decent starting point, but i just wish we could erase Daenerys plotline from the show, god that stuff is awful.

Fedor

<Banned>
They should have made him wear a body/muscle suit like they did in Prometheus and one of those avp movies.

prometheus_11.jpg

544kRXs.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was poking around on youtube last night and came across a guy doing a review on last night's episode. He did make one good point about continuity. The folks north of the wall apparently have had no time lapse at all. We pick up pretty much exactly(within say an hour) of where season 2 left off.

The others though, how much time has gone by since last season? The dragons have obviously grown since we last saw them BBQing that warlock(and they look fucking amazing). Dany has also found a ship and sailed to their next location to buy an army. Robb has also made it to Harenhal, how long did it take to get there?

Other than that, loved it. It's the weakest of the three season openers, but oh well. It's still the best thing on TV and now the agonizing part is waiting a week to see each new episode.
That's a good point, but I didn't notice it at all. I feel like north of the Wall was the only storyline where that was the case though.

Sinter1_sl

shitlord
I think they did a good job though of rolling that part of the episode before the opening credits and making it seem like it was a direct continuation from the end of season 2. The scene with Tyrion and Tywin was absolutely excellent.

P.S. If you haven't read through book 5, avoid the spoilers thread. Finished book 4 and made the mistake of wandering in... whoops major parts of book 5 spoiled for me.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Seems as if the only continuity issue is Dany's due to the size of the dragons (also could be an oversight by the production. Seems like her voyage would be a week). The other story lines seemed like a few days have passed. Walking into Mance's "city", Tyrion is still recovering from his wound, Davos coming to on the rock, Harren hall could have taken a week. Next week will be the start of the other story lines with a few of this week's peppered in. Stark boys are next week, the kid that plays Jojen Reed said as much on twitter

I dont really think the Nights Watch part before the credit counts in all this, they ended on Samwell and the Wights, only right that they start back up with what happened after that

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Things viewed don't necessarily take place at the same exact time, it's never been that way and it wont ever be that way. Focusing on that is really just down right retarded, especially in this series.

The show picked up after season 2, then focused on what was happening on kings landing, and then focused on dany. Who's to say that in the times it skipped from north of the wall to kings landing that there wasn't a week or two inbetween? Same for Kings Landing to Dany.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't get me wrong, I think the show is very good. I just think that once the writers stray from the source material, the show comes down a notch. If the writers want to put new scenes in the show, that's fine but sometimes there are new scenes when there is no need. Margaery Tyrell feeding alms (toys) to the poor is one of them.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Liked the changes to the opening. Was hoping after smoking Winterfell the map would pan to The Dreadfort, but I'll have to wait a few more eps.

Can't wait for the Bolton's.
They won't be going to the Dreadfort because there's no need. Ramsay is in Winterfell, and Roose is with Robb.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
GRRM is working directly with the writers for the show, a lot of the things changed in it are actually his ideas. He's actually labeled as the writer and co-executive producer for the show.

Flinger

Lord Nagafen Raider
The only thing that disappointed me was Jon's story for why he was joining up with Mance. I remember it differently in the book. Didn't he go with a story about how he was a bastard his whole life?