GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Ramsey doesn't really have any men that's why. They are Roose's men.

Also I don't believe him. That's Foggy!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ramsey doesn't really have any men that's why. They are Roose's men.

Also I don't believe him. That's Foggy!
well technically they are the boltons men, roose doesnt do much with them so ramsay is the commander. ramsay fucked over those greyjoy men(with theon's help) and his take no prisoners and flay them alive attitude, makes him a formidable foe. look i am not saying that he will prevail, i was joking, ramsay has shit lineage politically and tommen's rule will not last much longer so when the kingdom falls into chaos a bastard will not be stepping up to the task in the south or the north. it will be a true stark or a true targ or a true mix of the two.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
LF definitely sits the Iron Throne at some point, at least for a time, before this is all over. This episode convinced me.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He's a Bolton about as much as Jon is a Stark. Well, I guess technically slightly more since he's been legitimized.
Except that bastardy is a completely 100% social construct. If the crown declares that Ramsay is a Bolton, then he's not a Snow, he's a Bolton. He's not a bastard anymore.

Also, Ramsay has his own band of depraved monsters called (never in his hearing) the Bastard's Boys. Maybe he doesn't have them in the show though.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
LF definitely sits the Iron Throne at some point, at least for a time, before this is all over. This episode convinced me.
i also dont think the "young man" littlefinger discussed was lancel. lancel is not a plant as far as i can tell. he has that shit carved on his head and he looks like a little nazi when he is standing around doing nazi shit. whatever littlefinger has planned, its something we havent seen yet.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
lol what if the young man was Gendry?

I had assumed the young man was Loras and LF had snuck him out as a favor to Olenna, but I mean, there's no reason it couldn't be Gendry.

Tommen is going to get declared illegitimate when Cersei is forced to confess her incest, which makes Gendry a successor.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol what if the young man was Gendry?

I had assumed the young man was Loras and LF had snuck him out as a favor to Olenna, but I mean, there's no reason it couldn't be Gendry.
gendry is an unknown and a bastard, his claim to the throne is tenuous at best.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
gendry is an unknown and a bastard, his claim to the throne is tenuous at best.
He's the only living son of Robert Baratheon. His claim is strong enough that even Stannis could probably be persuaded to back his nephew if he were given a sweet enough offer. Although his status as a bastard in Westeros probably means Stannis is higher than him in the line of succession from Robert, assuming Tommen was declared illegitimate. But as a compromise, at least a Baratheon bastard isn't a Lannister.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He's of the common folk, which would make The High Sparrow more inclined to back his claim, given his whole speech against the elite.
well, thats true, but i dunno if the sparrows are political. i mean if they have an agenda, they wouldnt give a shit about a baratheon, stark or lannister, they would want some pious dude to be in charge, and they would be more likely to back the high sparrow to take over the throne. just my 2 cents.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Except that bastardy is a completely 100% social construct. If the crown declares that Ramsay is a Bolton, then he's not a Snow, he's a Bolton. He's not a bastard anymore.

Also, Ramsay has his own band of depraved monsters called (never in his hearing) the Bastard's Boys. Maybe he doesn't have them in the show though.
He does have a small band of "loyal" miscreants in the books. His troops are all Bolton men and loyal to Roose though. Its also heavily implied that Ramsey's men are spies for Roose. So while he's dangerous its not like he has an army as long as Roose lives. If he dies though all bets are off.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think Sansa was trying to plant the seeds for Ramsey to arrange an accident for Preggy McFatso.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I think she's definitely trying to drive a wedge between him and Roose,perhaps with an attempt on her life . I do so enjoy the "sweet Ramsey" scenes with his step mother though haha.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, Roose seems a bit different in the books. He's still a pretty bad man, but he seems kind of embarrassed by how monstrous Ramsay is. Like, he'd tolerate it if his son just had the same depraved vices he does, but instead his son is basically a rabid dog, whom he even suspects of poisoning Roose's legitimate son. But he doesn't really have a choice because Ramsay is his only remaining heir and House Bolton must endure.

TV Roose seemed just about as much of a monster as Ramsay.