GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I hate spoilers as much as the next guy but we all knew the show was going to spoil the latter 2/7ths of the series

Brad2770

rrr_img_99605.jpg

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The first big spoiler that the show confirmed for book readers was probably the first appearance of the NK and confirming that the WW are indeed intelligent.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Someone remind me how all of this went down in the book. The way I'm remember it is that Stannis' army was totally buried in snow and possibly dead, then we cut to a chapter where they are sieging winterfell and Theon escapes with Jeyne Poole and we never really found out how they got out of it but it wasn't Melisandre because she was back at the wall and it definitely wasn't Shireen because she was all the way back at Dragonstone or wherever the fuck she was with her mother and didn't even make it to the wall? Am I way off on this? It's been like 5 years.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
"How dare you guys kill Shireen for pure shock value, that wasn't in the books!"

"Actually Gurrm told us this is what happens in the books."

"How dare you spoil the books with confirmations like that!"

These people are whiny faggots.
This. I imagine when the show ends, long before(as in never) the books are finished, there will be many more book spoilers revealed.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Possibly in the books Melisandre sees "in the flames" that Stannis is fucked and torches Shireen to save him?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Someone remind me how all of this went down in the book. The way I'm remember it is that Stannis' army was totally buried in snow and possibly dead, then we cut to a chapter where they are sieging winterfell and Theon escapes with Jeyne Poole and we never really found out how they got out of it but it wasn't Melisandre because she was back at the wall and it definitely wasn't Shireen because she was all the way back at Dragonstone or wherever the fuck she was with her mother and didn't even make it to the wall? Am I way off on this? It's been like 5 years.
Nah, in the books Shireen and Selyse are chilling at Castle Black with Melisandre and Jon Snow.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So since it's confirmed to happen in the books now, can we just assume that Mel burns Shireen to bring back Jon? In the book Stannis will be killed by a Bolton and in the show, maybe Brienne. Either way none of this goes his way. I believe Winterfell will be won from the Boltons but I don't think Stannis makes it through the battle.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So since it's confirmed to happen in the books now, can we just assume that Mel burns Shireen to bring back Jon? In the book Stannis will be killed by a Bolton and in the show, maybe Brienne. Either way none of this goes his way.
Something like this is my guess, unless GRRM is planning to have Drogon eat Stannis right near the end.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've always assumed Sansa was on borrowed time since Lady was killed. Every passing season I feel like an idiot for thinking that, but I'm waiting..

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So since it's confirmed to happen in the books now, can we just assume that Mel burns Shireen to bring back Jon? In the book Stannis will be killed by a Bolton and in the show, maybe Brienne. Either way none of this goes his way. I believe Winterfell will be won from the Boltons but I don't think Stannis makes it through the battle.
That would be quite a big change. How would Jon be rezzed in the show then? Also Stannis burning Shireen for his campaign makes sense for his character (much as Mannis fans will be butthurt by that fact).

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It is left kind of ambiguous. You have Stannis bogged down in the snow a few miles from Winterfell; Theon shows up after his escape and talks to him and his sister. Jon Snow learns of the Karstarks treachery and sends the banker to Stannis to tell him. Then the letter from Ransay shows up saying that Stannis attacked and was crushed, sending Jon into making the decisions that get him knifed.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I'd be surprised if Stannis just dies in battle at Winterfell. GRRM has a perverse sense of proportionality and after giving up so much for his fundamentalist religion, GRRM must have something much more pedantic in mind for Stannis.

I'm thinking Davos or Selyse finishes Stannis off after his mercenaries desert him or something really horrid.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That would be quite a big change. How would Jon be rezzed in the show then? Also Stannis burning Shireen for his campaign makes sense for his character (much as Mannis fans will be butthurt by that fact).
My guess is that they won't actually kill Jon in the show. Or maybe we'll get the same cliffhanger, and then it will be whether WoW or the next season comes out first.