GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So are we seeing the winterfell battle next episode? I think how Davos responds will depend on if they take Winterfell. If Yahweh comes out and old testaments the Boltons, what the fuck can Davos say exactly? They were all dead men walking anyway, and Stannis used the only option available to him. I mean Davos literally said it earlier. "I'm not great military commander, but if we're unwilling to retreat, and unable to attack... what are we to do?burn the child Stannis, I understand..."
Who knows maybe the daughter rises from the ashes purified of the grey scale scars by the fire lord to smite the boltons. in which case davos would be her first disciple.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
And yet he is going to south to further his bid for the Iron Throne, killing more of his men and more Northmen in the process. Men who will be needed for what is to come. He's worse than the other noblemen in the Five Kingdoms; he knows the threat and has cast aside what needs to be done for his own desire. The only reason he listens to Mel at all is because what she's telling him dovetails with his ambition and his sense of what is right and just (him succeeding Robert). The minute her words begin to conflict with that, he'll cast her aside and carry on.
I disagree, He needs to have a unified Westeros behind him if they are going to stand a chance. The chumps he has with him now can not hold back the others.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think you're not seeing the complexity or nuance of his reaction and assuming when he reacts to it it's him saying, "This will never happen." instead of, "Please don't let it come to this...". Either way the storytelling is sound here. They've set this moment up since season 2 and executed it in a way that a good part of the viewership/readers thought makes perfect sense and a good part thought was completely implausible.

People blinded themselves to who Stannis really is because his steps taken to achieve his destiny temporarily coincided with what viewers wanted (Him attacking Joeffrey, him helping the night's watch, him having baller scenes with Captain Beard). But once his steps diverged from what viewers wanted, viewers have to come to grips with who Stannis is. It's great storytelling.
agreed I think folks are forgetting this is the same guy who had his brother killed. Family means nothing to this dude if it means he gets to be King.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I really hope we see a hard heel turn by Dany towards the end of the series. That's the only way I would be cool with her ending up on the iron throne.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Publisher of WOIAF is so pissed about them spoiling Shireen's death for bookreaders that they're threatening to release spoilers of episode 10. Kind of pussy shit.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I disagree, He needs to have a unified Westeros behind him if they are going to stand a chance. The chumps he has with him now can not hold back the others.
I just don't see how he does that through yet another war following so closely on the heels of the last one and hope that there's enough left in the tank when the dust settles to resist the Others. That's where Dany has an edge. Another Targaryen with dragons and an army and enough people may well say "I know how this movie ends" and just bend the knee with minimal casualties.

Stannis may look like the best hope, but he's a false one.

Greyform

11061674_369520449915194_6583155404410666456_n.jpg
Perfect!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
agreed I think folks are forgetting this is the same guy who had his brother killed. Family means nothing to this dude if it means he gets to be King.
How does having his brother killed make him a bad guy? If he didn't have Renly assassinated, he was going to have to go to war with him, on account of Renly trying to usurp his claim. Let's not forget that Stannis is the rightful heir to House Baratheon, Renly was not. He betrayed his brother first. So Stannis saved thousands of lives by having Renly assassinated, although obviously his primary motivation was a tactical one rather than a compassionate one. Don't forget that Stannis made Renly an incredibly generous offer in an effort to reconcile too. It wasn't just some token offer so he could defend his actions by saying 'hey I tried to make peace with Renly', he offered Renly his spot back on the small council and to name him as his heir if he didn't produce male issue. Seeing as how his wife still hadn't spit out a male son yet, Stannis basically offered Renly or Renly's heir the throne.

I mean, I'm not trying to say Stannis isn't a bad guy just like all the other people who play the game, I'm just saying that in the context of the situation, having Renly killed wasn't particularly evil at all.

I really hope we see a hard heel turn by Dany towards the end of the series. That's the only way I would be cool with her ending up on the iron throne.
I think this is coming. Maybe not a full on heel turn, but I think she'll be forced into a position where her only choices are something awful vs losing the game, and maybe come to this meta realization that she's really no different from Robert Baratheon.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You're not realizing that the reason he has to do this is because all of Westeros has no idea the Others even exist. If Dany's arc instantly has them all bend the knee that that will just be fucking stupid. Seriously.

Greyform

Publisher of WOIAF is so pissed about them spoiling Shireen's death for bookreaders that they're threatening to release spoilers of episode 10. Kind of pussy shit.
lol Noodle, "burn little girl at the stake?" "hell I ate a popsicle" "Spoil the season finally? Blasphemy!!!!"

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Shireen become a scaleless Rhlorr out of the ashes would be awesome.

Also awesome would be if Stannis burnt himself alive and gave orders to his army to march onto Winterfell.

If publishers are upset about the show catching up to the books they should not look to the show for blame.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Seeing as Rickon has been abandoned I think we will get this: Davos returns and finds Stannis in a siege with Winterfell. He will find out about Shireen and be devasted, and abandon Stannis. Winterfell will Fall to Stannis and Sansa will be saved by Brienne and installed as the Lord of Winterfell. Sansa will back Stannis ONLY if he finds Bran and Rickon as she now knows they are alive. Davos will somehow volunteer to save a child as he couldnt save Shireen. So sort of like the books but within the current climate.

Also, I was rewatching season 2, and I realized how Sansa would have never been raped had she just gone with the hound. So its her fault really.

But seriously, had Sansa left with the Hound during the battle of blackwater, she would have been back with her family before the red wedding. No idea how that plays out with her in the picture, but we wouldnt have gotten Arya with the Hound. Then maybe Jaime isnt set free by Cat, Karstark never defies Robb, Roose never turns on Robb in the wake of that, so on and so forth.

Fucking Sansa ruined it all.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
They didn't have to come out and say YES IT WAS A BOOK SPOILER, GET USED TO IT to confirm it afterwards, but oh well who curr.

GRRM may not have even planned on it happening until he actually wrote it, but Stannis seems just as fucked in the book (hi Karstarks)

Note I haven't read the released excerpts. But that shit is a year old and has probably changed anyway.

Anyway, the best part of the episode was when the snakes were playing their slapping game, and then Tyene slapped her sister in the face, and then they started fighting and tearing each others clothes off which led to passionate kissing and gushing wet finger banging and scissoring while the third sister pleasured herself with her whip handle. It was odd to end on 35 minutes of that but I guess it saved on the cgi budget.

PS: Was Dany sitting on a pair of Drogon's spines to hold her in place? She needs no saddle.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Lol what do these whiny faggots think is going to happen all next season? Fuck, season 7 will be out before the next book at this rate.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's not that they followed the books, its that they said 'THIS IS HOW GEORGE IS DOING IT IN THE BOOKS DONT YELL AT US'. Which is absolutely spoiling the fuck out of Winds of Winter.

*edit*

Now I hope GRRM rewrites it in the book so Stannis burns Jeyne Poole thinking she's actually Arya because Theon isn't around to yell THATS NOT ARYA for whatever reason. Just to spite everyone.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Lol what do these whiny faggots think is going to happen all next season? Fuck, season 7 will be out before the next book at this rate.
Yeah I already tweeted back at them calling them faggots, but i'm not sure what they were thinking either.

Yeah I don't care about shireen. I also read the books so in the end I don't give a fuck if they spoiler it, but they sound like a bunch of whiny cunts taking their ball and going home.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You would think that *someone* would have trained the Unsullied to drop those goddamn spears and pull out swords when not in formation, especially after the debacle earlier. Good grief.

I don't think Davos makes it back to Stannis' army; I think this is where he will get sidetracked into what he ends up doing in the books, looking for Rickon. He definitely knew what was going to happen though; Davos knew Shireen was going into the fire when Stannis told him to head back to Castle Black - he was trying to get Stannis to let him take Shireen with him. Stannis essentially saved him from having to watch, but Davos let it happen; I think Stannis knew that he would never be able to burn Shireen without losing Davos in some way or having Davos talk him out of it, so he gave Davos an out; Davos saw the out for what it was and took it anyway.

*and Iannis, they probably took the spears from the dead Unsullied, heh. Plenty of them lying around!
I think you completely misread that scene. The show has proven that Davos is willing to risk his life to save people from the fire, people he doesn't even care about. I think he would have gladly risked it all to save someone he obviously has great affection for like Shireen.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Anyway, the best part of the episode was when the snakes were playing their slapping game, and then Tyene slapped her sister in the face, and then they started fighting and tearing each others clothes off which led to passionate kissing and gushing wet finger banging and scissoring while the third sister pleasured herself with her whip handle. It was odd to end on 35 minutes of that but I guess it saved on the cgi budget.
I didn't see the same episode that you did, but I'm pretty sure I know the look you had on your face while you were watching it.

segregation.jpg

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
It's not that they followed the books, its that they said 'THIS IS HOW GEORGE IS DOING IT IN THE BOOKS DONT YELL AT US'. Which is absolutely spoiling the fuck out of Winds of Winter.

*edit*

Now I hope GRRM rewrites it in the book so Stannis burns Jeyne Poole thinking she's actually Arya because Theon isn't around to yell THATS NOT ARYA for whatever reason. Just to spite everyone.
"How dare you guys kill Shireen for pure shock value, that wasn't in the books!"

"Actually Gurrm told us this is what happens in the books."

"How dare you spoil the books with confirmations like that!"

These people are whiny faggots.