GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
She did. It's the stated reason for why she is in Mereen.

Death and destruction is her strong suit, sometimes even intentional death and destruction.
This was posted no more than 1 page ago...
That morning she summoned her captains and commanders to the garden, rather than descending to the audience chamber. "Aegon the Conqueror brought fire and blood to Westeros, but afterward he gave them peace, prosperity, and justice. But all I have brought to Slaver's Bay is death and ruin. I have been more khal than queen, smashing and plundering, then moving on."

"There is nothing to stay for," said Brown Ben Plumm.

"Your Grace, the slavers brought their doom on themselves," said Daario Naharis.

"You have brought freedom as well," Missandei pointed out.

"Freedom to starve?" asked Dany sharply. "Freedom to die? Am I a dragon, or a harpy?" Am I mad? Do I have the taint?

"A dragon," Ser Barristan said with certainty. "Meereen is not Westeros, Your Grace."

"But how can I rule seven kingdoms if I cannot rule a single city?" He had no answer to that. Dany turned away from them, to gaze out over the city once again. "My children need time to heal and learn. My dragons need time to grow and test their wings. And I need the same. I will not let this city go the way of Astapor. I will not let the harpy of Yunkai chain up those I've freed all over again." She turned back to look at their faces. "I will not march."

"What will you do then, Khaleesi?" asked Rakharo.

"Stay," she said. "Rule. And be a queen."

Martin, George R.R. (2003-03-04). A Storm of Swords: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Three (p. 817). Random House, Inc.. Kindle Edition.
The actual reason for her being in Mereen.

Lol "DEATH AND DESTRUCTION ARE HER STRONG SUIT WATCH AS I MAGICALLY AVOID THE OBVIOUS STATEMENT OF HOW SHES BETTER THAN TYRION"

Fedor

<Banned>
Pz94zz6.jpg

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
Wtf are you talking about, the quote backs up exactly what I said, that her stated reason for being in Mereen is that she fucked up Astapor.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
No you retard she's talking about the people of Mereen, not Astapor. Just because she has regret about what happened to Astapor doesn't mean it's the reason she stayed in Mereen.

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
Wtf, you are well suited to liking Dany you're on her level of moron. She fucked up Astapor, and then decides to stay in Mereen so as not to repeat the same mistake twice.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
You said her reason for staying was because of what happened to Astapor.

She plainly says what her reasons for staying are.

1. "But how can I rule seven kingdoms if I cannot rule a single city?"
2. "My children need time to heal and learn."
3. " My dragons need time to grow and test their wings. And I need the same. "
4. "I will not let this city go the way of Astapor. I will not let the harpy of Yunkai chain up those I've freed all over again."

Can you not fucking read?

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
"I will not let this city go the way of Astapor. I will not let the harpy of Yunkai chain up those I've freed all over again."

W...T...F

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think sutekh is using some kind of math.
'failure(astapor)+failure(yunkai)+failure(mereen)= success and totally not an idiot

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Chrisd_sl said:
She did. It's the stated reason for why she is in Mereen.
No, one of the MANY stated reasons is she doesn't want the same thing to happen to Mereen.
There are multiple reasons why she stays in the city, more importantly... Her armies and people need time to heal and learn. She can't take over Westeros with her young dragons she needs them to grow, she's using Mereen as a training ground on how to rule Westeros. Really it's quite obvious when you're not a misogynist piece of shit.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
DRATS YOU CALLED ME OUT ON IGNORING FACTS AND TRYING TO MAKE THINGS SEEM LIKE SOMETHING THEY AREN'T AND DISMANTLED MY PATHETIC ARGUMENT YOU STUPID SPASTIC.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wonder what women have done to you to make you vehemently hate a fictional character in a book series? THAT would be a story I would read.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I just really don't get the people saying she was given stuff or that she is a whiner. I really don't see how you can look at Tyrion falling in love with Shae and still love Tyrion but hate the Daenerys plotline because she fucked Daario.

I mean, look at her storyline from a gender neutral perspective. We have someone that is sold into slavery basically. Then manages to take control of their situation and instead of being a passive slave actually becomes a leader in their own right. After their owner/partner is killed, figures out a magic ritual to birth 3 dragons. That person then goes and tricks slavers into giving them a free army and uses that army to free the entire city from slavers.

That person then goes to another city and talks mad trash to the slavers of that city. Then outsmarts them and frees the slaves in that city, gaining an even larger army in the process. Uses that army to take over the final slave city of the realm and starts ruling from the city. While waiting for the dragons to grow, they then fuck a hot person and do what it takes to withstand of siege of enemies. Then flies off on a fucking dragon to get an even bigger army.

If this person was a guy, everyone would be talking about how he is the biggest badass in the entire series.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well you see Khalid. The issue is the jaded morons of this message board. Literally every person I've talked to that has read the series fucking adores Dany, however here it's edgy and hip to go against the grain.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Wow I don't read this thread for one day and everyone has shit it up with their retarded opinions over book shit. Go take all this fucking racket to the book thread where you can all circle jerk each other about who the worst character is or how bad Dany fucked you over.

Can we get back to the show please?