GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
If GRRM really does leave Jon Snow dead that might go down as the greatest troll job eva! I would like GoT less because of it (probably not but you know)
I hope that fat fuck chokes on a twinkie and croaks.
mad.png

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I didn't see it as a full blown suicide attempt, more of an act born out of the resignation that regardless if it meant death or escape, either was preferable to enduring any more of Ramsay's machinations.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I didn't think for one second they were trying to kill themselves and I didn't really recall the details in the book.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm curious how the Viper chick thinks she can get away with poisoning the Lannister girl. She was the last person in contact with her, and poison is her calling card.
Called it with the princess dying, all those ppl were getting way too happy of an ending so someone had to die, figured it would be the princess or tristan dying to save her. I don't think the viper mom planned to get away with it though, either she bolts or she is going to be sentenced to death.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't think for one second they were trying to kill themselves and I didn't really recall the details in the book.
I'm seriously having one of those 'everyone is dumb except me' moments. It was obviously suicide, especially from the way they paused, looked each other in the eyes, and gripped hands. It was just set up in a dumb and contrived way so that they'll be alive when S6 starts.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm starting to think you're the only person who thought it was a suicide attempt.

Why would they kill that girl just to then jump to their deaths?

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I'm seriously having one of those 'everyone is dumb except me' moments. It was obviously suicide, especially from the way they paused, looked each other in the eyes, and gripped hands. It was just set up in a dumb and contrived way so that they'll be alive when S6 starts.
No, it clearly was not. It was meant to give that impression to some viewers, but if they wanted to commit suicide they could have jumped where Theon threw Myranda instead of out into a snow drift of unknown depth. They're taking a chance, yes, but they aren't resigned to death.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Lol it wasn't suicide. It was only to show they were willing to risk death in order to escape. That's all dude.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Not even one thing about that scene insinuated suicide. Reek had JUST saved her life, and now you think he wants to end his and hers?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Tons of people were jumping 30 feet into snow all over Boston this winter, just for fun.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm starting to think you're the only person who thought it was a suicide attempt.

Why would they kill that girl just to then jump to their deaths?
It's starting to look that way. They were desperate to get away from Ramsay. Reek had been suffering from his attentions for months, Sansa was just beginning to get a taste of it.

At most I'll concede their intention was to escape, but felt that dying from the fall was a perfectly acceptable alternative, and there was absolutely no part of that scene that made it look like they would survive that fall. There was a melt on, and they did nothing to establish that there was a deep enough snowdrift for a 3+ story drop.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I forgot who mentioned it earlier (Gav maybe) but the rolodex of faces scene seemed to confirm it; if Arya does indeed become a full-fledged Faceless (wo)Man, that's the end of her revenge story. She will have to forget everything about herself and let go of her vendettas to get there.
No way that's going to happen. She will quit the faceless men IMO.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Called it with the princess dying, all those ppl were getting way too happy of an ending so someone had to die, figured it would be the princess or tristan dying to save her. I don't think the viper mom planned to get away with it though, either she bolts or she is going to be sentenced to death.
If I were Jaime, I'd turn the ship around, present Myrcella's body to Doran, and tell him if he wants Trystane back in one piece, he will have all of the sand snakes brutally murdered in front of Ellaria, and Ellaria sentenced to live out the rest of her days in a cell.

But I believe in a bucketful of eyes for an eye.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
If I were Jaime, I'd turn the ship around, present Myrcella's body to Doran, and tell him if he wants Trystane back in one piece, he will have all of the sand snakes brutally murdered in front of Ellaria, and Ellaria sentenced to live out the rest of her days in a cell.

But I believe in a bucketful of eyes for an eye.
Why would he go back and risk losing a valuable prisoner?