GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Despite the downers in the rest of the episode I was glad to see Arya finally cross a name off her list in a brutal fashion. We're running short on people to root for that aren't wusses relying on bodyguards and dragons. Someone teach Dany some basic hand-to-hand combat for christ's sake.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Also Robert strong armor was a letdown
Robert Strong sans armor:

young-frankenstein-peter-boyle.jpg

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Despite the downers in the rest of the episode I was glad to see Arya finally cross a name off her list in a brutal fashion. We're running short on people to root for that aren't wusses relying on bodyguards and dragons. Someone teach Dany some basic hand-to-hand combat for christ's sake.
I forgot who mentioned it earlier (Gav maybe) but the rolodex of faces scene seemed to confirm it; if Arya does indeed become a full-fledged Faceless (wo)Man, that's the end of her revenge story. She will have to forget everything about herself and let go of her vendettas to get there.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Even if he does get cast for the season they could just say it's for them to show him dead in the first episode. Lot of ways they could work around it.

Him saying his character is dead in the interview is really meaningless, as we all know that he just died.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Did I miss something with the Arya blinding? She never drank anything, just pulled off masks. If the masks are made from actual faces, how are there two Jaqen masks? Was Arya hallucinating the whole exchange at the hall of faces? Meryn's death was awesome, but that bit was odd.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I forgot who mentioned it earlier (Gav maybe) but the rolodex of faces scene seemed to confirm it; if Arya does indeed become a full-fledged Faceless (wo)Man, that's the end of her revenge story. She will have to forget everything about herself and let go of her vendettas to get there.
Yes that will be the biggest hurdle for her. To be a faceless man you have to become no one you are a servant to the many faced god and do as he commands. I don't think arya will be able to let her past go to do that.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did anyone else not like tha dehumanizing of Ser Meryn Trant in order to set stage for Arya's brutal killing.

I have no problem with her killing him are even the way she did it but I think the set up to try and provide additional justification was unneeded and detracts from Arya's story. She chants her self to sleep at night with a list of people she wants to kill. She is completely consumed by a desire for vengeance. Ser Meryn Trant was on that list and she found a time and a place to cross him off that list, That should have been the entire story showing what Arya is becoming. Instead we get a set up that tries to make a act of savage vengeance look like quasi justice.

I think doing it the way they did was not being honest about who Arya is.

Oh and is she going to blind all next season?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Pod probably showed up pissed at Brienne for abandoning her post and tackled her. Somebody has to go drag Reek & Sansa's shattered bodies out of that snow drift.

Stannis's fate was left open while the writers figure wtf they are going to do now without the books as a guide. He could simply bleed out.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh and is she going to blind all next season?
Arya remains blind and in the service of the House of Black and White in Braavos. She continues to dream through the eyes of her direwolf, Nymeria, but speaks of it to no one. While she is blind, Arya wanders the streets of Braavos, and becomes better at lying and detecting the lies of others.

Arya receives her sight after she is able to identify the Kindly Man while blind. After regaining her sight, Arya is given her first assassination assignment. When she succeeds, the Kindly Man gives Arya an acolyte's robe and assigns her to begin her first apprenticeship
So presumably she'll recover her eyesight after an episode of seeing her bumbling around blind, then another episode or two showing her having gotten used to the blindness.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's kind of a fuck up really. If they had jumped before the thaw it would make sense but after the snows melted welp its suicide.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
The real question is if Jon does get Rez'ed will he then do what we all want and thats leave the Nights Watch and become a wrecking machine because "technically" is oath was fulfilled? He seems to be stuck on that honor thing and I can see him saying "till death meant all my deaths" or some shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I guess it's a good thing that I'm fuzzy about the details of the books, because without remembering that, it's pretty clear that they're attempting to commit suicide in that scene. Obviously they'll still be alive in Season 6, although god knows how they'll get away from Winterfell without Brienne's help, or where they'll even go.

As for that sound when the camera cut away from Stannis being executed, it was the sound of Oathkeeper hitting the tree, not someone hitting Brienne.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The real question is if Jon does get Rez'ed will he then do what we all want and thats leave the Nights Watch and become a wrecking machine because "technically" is oath was fulfilled? He seems to be stuck on that honor thing and I can see him saying "till death meant all my deaths" or some shit.
Jon did mention that the wildlings would not follow Stannis. It seemed like there was something to read between the lines in that statement along the lines of "But they might follow me". Of course we are all probably just butt hurt over Jon being dead and are grasping at straws.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
If GRRM really does leave Jon Snow dead that might go down as the greatest troll job eva! I would like GoT less because of it (probably not but you know)