GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Fucks sake dude you nitpick everything
tongue.png
The fact she's possibly dead and together with Jaime sounds a lot like it might be in the next book.

edit: You all nitpick! God damn. Tyrion being with Dany is a huge plot advancement, how can it not be? Might as well say Frodo getting to Mount Doom was just a minor step along the way to destroying the ring.
Myrcella is in Dorne cooperating with the Dornish to hide the cause of her injuries in Dance, while Jaime is in Riverrun fucking around with Brienne. How could that be in the next book? It's a pretty major departure honestly. Brienne is busy in the north killing Stannis now.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The NK making the scene and flexing his necro-muscles and the Others' vulnerability to Valyrian steel being confirmed are advances.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The Old Gods and the New know a winner when they see one(won). Team Bolton FTW!!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
tongue.png
The fact she's possibly dead and together with Jaime sounds a lot like it might be in the next book.

edit: You all nitpick! God damn. Tyrion being with Dany is a huge plot advancement, how can it not be?
I'm not nitpicking, Ellaria poisoning Myrcella is a major departure from the books, unless she survives it which I doubt. The wiki for the books is down today, but from what I remember, after the bit with Myrcella getting attacked in the books, Doran spoke with Arianne and brought her and the Sand Snakes in on whatever plot he had for the Iron Throne. Any plans Doran had in the show are completely ruined by Myrcella's death, and the possibility of Trystane's death in retribution. Since there apparently is no Quentyn or Arianne in the show, Trystane is Doran's only heir. Ellaria is destined for the headsman's block, and possibly all her children will follow her to it.

Myrcella dying in Jaime's arms in Winds of Winter assumes that he both survives his encounter with Lady Stoneheart and ends up back in King's Landing afterwards.

iannis

Musty Nester
tongue.png

edit: You all nitpick! God damn. Tyrion being with Dany is a huge plot advancement, how can it not be? Might as well say Frodo getting to Mount Doom was just a minor step along the way to destroying the ring.
Technically it was. It was Smeagol after all who destroyed the ring.

:smug:

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
The NK making the scene and flexing his necro-muscles and the Others' vulnerability to Valyrian steel being confirmed are advances.
Yea but that plot is interesting, because it was in the very first Season, before Ned went to KL when the White Walker killed the nobleman and send the NW guy south. It's been probably 3-4 years since then? And the white walkers have had a huge fight with the NW at the Fist of the First Men, now a huge fight with the Wildlings at Hardhome, chased Sam towards the wall.. but ... apparently they went back home and camped out for years between these endeavors, despite having a massive zombie army. Where the fuck are they? Why have they not come to the wall, in the YEARS since the battle at the Fist of the First men? The humans rode back to the wall in days, or at most a couple weeks. But the army of the undead can't find the way down there in years?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yea but that plot is interesting, because it was in the very first Season, before Ned went to KL when the White Walker killed the nobleman and send the NW guy south. It's been probably 3-4 years since then? And the white walkers have had a huge fight with the NW at the Fist of the First Men, now a huge fight with the Wildlings at Hardhome, chased Sam towards the wall.. but ... apparently they went back home and camped out for years between these endeavors, despite having a massive zombie army. Where the fuck are they? Why have they not come to the wall, in the YEARS since the battle at the Fist of the First men? The humans rode back to the wall in days, or at most a couple weeks. But the army of the undead can't find the way down there in years?
Winter is coming.

Not Winter is already here.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Can the book spoiler people join this thread now?
biggrin.png

They totally set up Melisandre ressing Jon Snow when they had her visit Thoros who ressed Beric a few seasons ago.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I'm just saying it's an advancement beyond the current books, which is what you asked. The motivations and rationales of the Others is probably the most open area of unexplored territory the books have left to offer. The NK might be acting on prophecies known only to the Others for all we know.

Siliconemelons

I'm just saying it's an advancement beyond the current books, which is what you asked. The motivations and rationales of the Others is probably the most open area of unexplored territory the books have left to offer. The NK might be acting on prophecies known only to the Others for all we know.
I always kinda assumed that the wall was sort of magical-ish and the WW's could not really pass that point until "the long winter" comes, not just regular season winter (even if in this world the season of winter is a few years) the "long" winter is magic in nature and lasted "generations" as children where born and died while it was still winter- so once /that/ winter comes the white walkers can attack the wall and move onward. And also kind of that the long winter is made by the white walkers and or whatever force is behind it. Shouldn't tree-bran know this?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's tough to say what's a departure and what's an advancement. In most respects this episode ended with plotlines being very close to where they were in the books.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The way I interpret it:
1. The white walkers can move about somewhat freely north of the wall.
2. The white walkers' ability to control the undead is dependent on cold or winter or something.
3. White walkers are not actually that tough if you have obsidian or valyrian steel. (or dragons). So they have to rely on the undead to win their fights.
4. white walkers are likely very few in number. Perhaps in the dozens.
5. Something will happen that allows them to cross the wall in some way. Whether it's the horn of winter, or a 'ok it's cold enough that the undead can go tear down the gates'.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Ya they totally setup the Jon rez thing when Mel showed, because of how she has never done it. I mean she has been so on point this season, look at how her visions of Stannis' flag flying over Winterfell worked out.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife nitpicks every episode as we watch them and tears apart what is different than the book. All I think in my head is "SHUT THE FUCK UP AND ENJOY IT GODDAMNIT"

Siliconemelons

Ya they totally setup the Jon rez thing when Mel showed, because of how she has never done it. I mean she has been so on point this season, look at how her visions of Stannis' flag flying over Winterfell worked out.
She said she saw Bolton flags burning right? that could still happen.

I think Dr. Bashir and TreeBran are going to form a cant walk support group and take over the world.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except they made a point of having her interrogate Thoros about how he did it, and there doesn't seem to be any doubt that she's a more powerful and faithful servant of the Red God than Thoros was.

I mean, it's clearly obvious that she's going to try and bring Jon back. No clue how well it's going to work, if it even works at all. Also, I don't recall her saying anything about Stannis' flag over Winterfell. I recall her saying she saw Bolton banners burning.

Siliconemelons

Except they made a point of having her interrogate Thoros about how he did it, and there doesn't seem to be any doubt that she's a more powerful and faithful servant of the Red God than Thoros was.

I mean, it's clearly obvious that she's going to try and bring Jon back. No clue how well it's going to work, if it even works at all. Also, I don't recall her saying anything about Stannis' flag over Winterfell. I recall her saying she saw Bolton banners burning.
And didn't Thoros basically say he did it by accident and out of desperation? like "I just asked the red god to do it, and he did! and its worked ever since"