GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Xevy

Log Wizard
I want a gif of Stannis doing that "oh fuck. Welp, let's do this" face he does with his mouth when he's about to charge into the army.

Edit: found it

tumblr_npyzsc96FP1s19ebpo4_500.gif

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Friend at work today, "Fuck this show, I'm done with this show." All I could do is laugh out loud. She'll still watch! lol

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
So is the TV show caught up to the books now or is there another one or are we waiting for that fat fuck to finish a book?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So is the TV show caught up to the books now or is there another one or are we waiting for that fat fuck to finish a book?
It's more or less caught up with the books. If you want a more full answer ask it in the spoiler thread.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I thought it was all mercenaries who abandoned him, which is why he had no cavalry left. Any of his bannermen who were still with him after all people he's burned wouldn't abandon him after he burned Shireen.
It's hard to decipher what the guy said. He tells Stannis "many deserted before dawn." And when Stannis asks how many, he replies "Nearly half...all the sellswords, with all the horses." Best to assume he meant "including all the sellswords". If only the mercenaries had deserted, I think he would have just said that, since we can assume Stannis knows what percentage of his forces are mercs.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Called it a while back that Jon would die by the hands of the kid, just way to obvious which is not something you can normally say about GoT. As season ending shows go I thought it was pretty tame. I will watch the whole season back again over the course of a few nights as I always do, but so far this is my least favourite season

HUH_sl

shitlord
Most characters are caught up. Some characters have been off on non book related adventures and could potentially go back to their book material next season. Some book characters haven't even been introduced yet and might never be introduced but you never know. The show is also missing a huge amount of back story and foreshadowing that lends itself to crazy theories you don't really get from the show. Depending on what the show decides to cut completely there could still be major spoilers floating around in book discussions.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Anyone else think Jamie and Myrcella were going to bang for a second there? I would've been into it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone else think Jamie and Myrcella were going to bang for a second there? I would've been into it.
I was sort of hoping he would deflower her. Would have been especially fitting if it had been the same poison Tyene gave Bronn. Soon as that heart rate goes up, POW.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What sucks is that Brienne watched that tower for weeks, and the candle goes off 30 seconds after she turns her back.

Going to be a long wait till next year. George better shit out that damn book by Christmas.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Martin will catch a terminal illness before finishing this series, just like Robert Jordan. Get used to the idea now, so if it happens, it wont be such a let down. I just pretend the first three books are one complete trilogy, and everything after is like a seqeul trilogy that expands the universe.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
So still not a good idea to hit up the spoilers thread? I don't mind theories, but if things get straight up spoilered I'll rage. Especially things with Bran as he wasn't in this season.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The book stuff with Bran is roughly in the same spot as it was in the show, actually. Just took a different route to get there. There are other things that get discussed that may still find their way into the show though, so if you really want to avoid spoilers, yes, you need to avoid the thread.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So still not a good idea to hit up the spoilers thread? I don't mind theories, but if things get straight up spoilered I'll rage. Especially things with Bran as he wasn't in this season.
I'd say that show watchers who love the game of thrones universe but want to avoid any big spoilers should feel free to hit up the spoiler thread.

Show watchers who want to go into the next season fresh

should stick with this thread.