GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
It sucks to see Stannis lose, but at least he lost to the Boltons, which are my #1 team. There's a certain gratification in watching them win even though they're assholes, because they're not fucking stupid. I have to admit seeing Ramsey's pet wench do a faceplant was awesome.

I'm looking forward to more Varys and Tyrion time next season, I wish they'd get Bronn back too. Hopefully there's antics with trying to loosen Grey Worm up. He's such a stiff.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Predictions:

Stannis is alive. Something seemed weird to me about how Brienne was swinging the sword. If she wanted to behead him it would have been easier from the left, yes?

Mycella is dying, but not dead. She'll hang around but die in KL.

Jon is dead, but will go back to full-staff when Mel kisses him.

Robert Strong will fight for Cercei in her trial, but go beserk and accidentally kill Tommen. Jaime will strangle her for revenge/putting her down.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Friend at work today, "Fuck this show, I'm done with this show." All I could do is laugh out loud. She'll still watch! lol
My wife said the same thing. But she admitted she couldn't quit it.

I don't think most people actually believe Winds of Winter comes out before the show concludes. I certainly don't. I'm 50/50 on whether he croaks before it comes out. He sure as fuck isn't beating the show to a conclusion, and WoW before season 6 is like a 2% chance.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Nice analysis of Stannis' battle:[S5][E10] The Finest Military Commander in Westeros - Album on Imgur

TL;DR: Stannis is said to be a brilliant military commander, but gets caught with his pants down by the Boltons because of tactical mistakes an experienced commander would not make.

Going further on this, I wonder if Melisandre was just after Shireen's sacrifice the whole time, and knowingly sent Stannis to his death once she got it? Her prophecies are all half-truths, sometimes she seems to be just misintepreting them, but perhaps she knows exactly what will happen and is being deceitful. Stannis being assured of his victory by her made him sloppy.
Cool breakdown but misses the point a little. Stannis knew that tactically he was toast and was hoping for some shit like this:
www-St-Takla-org--b3h-6-the-walls-fall.jpg

jericho-falls-2-GoodSalt-rhpas0596.jpg

You could argue that he still should have had scouts out and you'd be right, but this scene was more about portraying the hopelessness of Stannis and his army and less about showing a real battle.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Really outlandish prediction: Ramsay dies and Sansa marries Stannis, bears his son, and rules Westeros along side him after Jon and Dany die killing white walkers!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Really outlandish prediction: Ramsay dies and Sansa marries Stannis, bears his son, and rules Westeros along side him after Jon and Dany die killing white walkers!
Sansa and LF will marry and it will be creepy.

Cybsled

Weddings in Westeros and human history typically required boning to make it official.

Anyways, as for why Arya went blind, Waif/Jaq basically told us why. He stated that the faces to "somebody" are as good as poison. Because she wasn't "nobody", the face magic basically poisoned her and took her vision. Kind of makes sense from a security perspective...no one can steal a face and use it if they aren't a true Faceless man, otherwise they get fucked up.

As for Sansa+Theon, don't forget they spent their entire lives in Snowland. I'm guessing they are pretty well versed in knowing lots about snow and jumping off. Besides, even with a thaw, snow on the non-sunlit sides of buildings lasts for a really long ass time. That's why we can have snow in April/May ;p

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes, I get that I'm the only one who thinks that looked like suicide, and I'm sure if you asked the producers they'd say the same thing as you guys. I'm never going to stop thinking that looked like suicide, despite the fact that they indeed could have just taken headers right where Theon killed Myranda. Guess it's just a personal thing.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Sansa and LF will marry and it will be creepy.
Sansa gets rescued by Pod, they make it to the Eyrie. Ramsey is killed by Yohn Royce as revenge for Catelyn as he is having dinner trying to negotiate getting Sansa back from behind the Bloody Gate. Sansa marries the kid as Sansa Stark uniting The North and the Vale.

Pod makes contact with Tyrion for Sansa.... Alliance?

Braavos to the Fingers is the shortest distance, and most likely port for a massive Army. Arya sneaks aboard a ship and enters the party.

Ganthorn

N00b
Yes, I get that I'm the only one who thinks that looked like suicide, and I'm sure if you asked the producers they'd say the same thing as you guys. I'm never going to stop thinking that looked like suicide, despite the fact that they indeed could have just taken headers right where Theon killed Myranda. Guess it's just a personal thing.
I just assumed it was a snow jump like these crazy russians.

Crazy Russian 5-story roof jumps into snow - YouTube

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel like I'm going a little crazy, definitely did not seem like a suicide. Seemed like Theon intentionally found a corner spot on the outer wall where he knew a snow drift would be to possibly allow them to live through the jump. Even when they looked down, snow looked to be slightly piled higher in the corner than the rest. Disclaimer: Not claiming it was some giant fucking snowbank that was obvious and everyone is stupid for not noticing it...just that after watching it again it certainly looked like a spot that was more survivable than any old random area.

Or maybe I'm crazy.

As for all the "semi-dead" characters...the only one I really think they've set up to be not dead would be Jon, unless he really was a red herring all the way through and the R+L = J stuff is just bs. Stannis was constantly having setbacks and constantly a rigid dick. He had his strong points and was the only major player for the throne to even take serious note of the WW problem, but even that was based mostly on having nowhere else to look for aid/support but the North/Wall. Jon was just really set up as "the" leader for the people getting ready for the real war, and the dude who actually beat a WW in solo combat (not Sam running up and sticking it with a dagger from behind). Stare down with the Night King just kind of sealed his spot in main event of Wrestlemania for me. I think some combo of warging into Ghost or Mel rezz will be involved, along with the big reveal of his parentage.