GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Nah, nothing I've read indicates where the Sword Of Morning may be. My fanboy guess would be, knowing Ned Stark, after slaying Arthur Dayne at the Tower of Joy, probably sent the sword back to House Dayne.

Edit: For fun and good times, the Tower of Joy scene:

"I looked for you on the Trident," Ned said to them.
"We were not there," Ser Gerold answered.
"Woe to the Usurper if we had been," said Ser Oswell.
"When King's Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you were."
"Far away," Ser Gerold said, "or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn in seven hells."
"I came down on Storm's End to lift the siege," Ned told them, and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them."
"Our knees do not bend easily," said Ser Arthur Dayne.
"Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him."
"Ser Willem is a good man and true," said Ser Oswell.
"But not of the Kingsguard," Ser Gerold pointed out. "The Kingsguard does not flee."
"Then or now," said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.
"We swore a vow," explained old Ser Gerold.
Ned's wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.
"And now it begins," said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.
"No," Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends."

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Nah, nothing I've read indicates where the Sword Of Morning may be. My fanboy guess would be, knowing Ned Stark, after slaying Arthur Dayne at the Tower of Joy, probably sent the sword back to House Dayne.

Edit: For fun and good times, the Tower of Joy scene:

"I looked for you on the Trident," Ned said to them.
"We were not there," Ser Gerold answered.
"Woe to the Usurper if we had been," said Ser Oswell.
"When King's Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you were."
"Far away," Ser Gerold said, "or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn in seven hells."
"I came down on Storm's End to lift the siege," Ned told them, and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them."
"Our knees do not bend easily," said Ser Arthur Dayne.
"Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him."
"Ser Willem is a good man and true," said Ser Oswell.
"But not of the Kingsguard," Ser Gerold pointed out. "The Kingsguard does not flee."
"Then or now," said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.
"We swore a vow," explained old Ser Gerold.
Ned's wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.
"And now it begins," said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.
"No," Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends."
My kingdom and a nut for a miniseries from HBO of Robert's rebellion. Or a book. Or a comic. Or a game. Anything. I want to see that fight, how it went down, more than anything up to and including the crescendo/climax/conclusion of ASoIaF.

Sword of Morning is the knight who wields Dawn. Pretty sure Ned brought both Ser Arthur's body and his sword to Starfall, but as to who/where it is currently, only one man knows.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Oh shit yeah that was the title, the sword is Dawn. Don't know how I made that mistake. What a disgrace of fanboyism
frown.png

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I can agree to an extent about the meh feeling of the greyjoy chapters. Except for Victarions in ADWD. Hes just such a raging badass.
I love the idea of the Greyjoys. The Iron Island culture, the background, the characters, all great. But the chapters themselves have been huge letdowns, at least until Big Vic came on the scene.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My kingdom and a nut for a miniseries from HBO of Robert's rebellion. Or a book. Or a comic. Or a game. Anything. I want to see that fight, how it went down, more than anything up to and including the crescendo/climax/conclusion of ASoIaF.
So much this.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Victarion is the ultimate badass. Which means he'll die a gruesome death right as he gets rolling.

Cybsled

He's a badass, but he really has 0 idea what to expect from Dany (and crew). That being said, Dany needs boats, so it wouldn't surprise me if she ends up turning things around on Victarion and he ends up working for her. I'm also guessing she is probably one of the only people who can blow that dragon horn and not die as a result.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Victarion needs to be the guy who unleashes something truly awful into Westeros. His character strikes me as the kind of Pyrrhic asshole to see his end neigh, and just say fuck it, and crash his ship into the Super Star Destroyer with a big ass bloody grin on his face. I mean, does he truly hope to marry Dany? Steal her dragons? Control her dragons?

Then again, he could get R'hllor'd into a Dondarrion sort of deal. Undead Kraken swashbuckling swarthy asshole.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
do all the r'hllor priests have one purpose? i mean is mel manorro bennaro thanos all working at the same goals or do they each make their own interpretations of what they see in the fire? im starting to suspect these rh'llor people have an ultimate goal.

Could be completely wrong, and I know there are already theories about the Mummer's Dragon, but I think he's could be the son of the Oberyn and Elia.

I'd love to see or read a series about Robert's rebellion, but not before this series ends. It'd give away the biggest secret.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's funny, because soon enough everyone will know who the fuck that is.

Also, I was watching Strike Back: Project Dawn, and thought it was awesome that Liam Cunningham (Davos) and Iain Glen (Jorah) were both bad guys. There any other Game of Thrones actors in Vengeance?

Edit: Fuuuuck! Just watched the first episode. Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister) is in it!

iannis

Musty Nester
Ginger Stark lol. Cool girl should be "Scary Stark" and they coulda had a pic for the mother for "Zombie Stark".

And a pic of Ned with "Dead as fuck".

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I'd have thought that Ser Rodrik would have bumped Davos for the Captain Beard honors.