GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cersei's supposed to outlive all her children according to the prophecy she received as a child. It wasn't a surprise. When you say "they", do you mean Gurrm/the writers or the retarded Sand Snakes? If the latter, because they're retarded.
The retarded sand snakes. It's just shitty writing.

Fedor

<Banned>
giphy.gif

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
^so fucking bad.

Just about everything related to Dorne was dumb as shit, but it's hardly indicative of the show as a whole.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
when you have a room full of writers with different opinions writing what one person might do next, the you will get more LARPING scenes like above posted.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
when you have a room full of writers with different opinions writing what one person might do next, the you will get more LARPING scenes like above posted.
I hope GRRM gave them a bit of general guidance on where he is going with things, he has been pretty involved thus far as far as I know. I am going to be seriously pissed if this spirals into shitty fanfic that ends up diverging from the real story (should we ever actually see it which gets less likely by the day) in extremely major ways. I'm salty enough that he didn't finish the damn books.

I've been forgiving of the weird shit so far because the series has stayed close enough to the source. Now there is no (public) source so who knows what is going to happen.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Since they diverged already in incredibly stupid ways (think selmy and shireen) its almost certainly not going to be good. But I would expect the show to at least end up where the books will end up when Brian Sanderson writes spring.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm sure hbo loves it because they can make whatever fuck shit up that they want and if it reaches the same conclusion grrm outlined for them they can just throw him under the bus. "Well this what George told us will happen, sorry!"

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope GRRM gave them a bit of general guidance on where he is going with things, he has been pretty involved thus far as far as I know. I am going to be seriously pissed if this spirals into shitty fanfic that ends up diverging from the real story (should we ever actually see it which gets less likely by the day) in extremely major ways. I'm salty enough that he didn't finish the damn books.

I've been forgiving of the weird shit so far because the series has stayed close enough to the source. Now there is no (public) source so who knows what is going to happen.
Too lazy to look it up but I'm pretty sure GRRM told them how it ends and doesn't really care how they get there... obviously at this point they are on their own.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Lets be real, lazy ass is just waiting to see how HBO does it, how fans react to it, and then change it to what he thinks people will like better based on reactions.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Too lazy to look it up but I'm pretty sure GRRM told them how it ends and doesn't really care how they get there... obviously at this point they are on their own.
It just boggles my mind that he would invest so much time into that series and then just say 'fuck it, you guys take it from here'. I want to believe that he is going to be involved guiding them through the major plot points until the end. I would love for him to say definitively one way or the other. Preferably before the next season starts.

Shit, he has to know generally how each character is getting where they are going, right? Right???? Ah shit, maybe not.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It just boggles my mind that he would invest so much time into that series and then just say 'fuck it, you guys take it from here'. I want to believe that he is going to be involved guiding them through the major plot points until the end. I would love for him to say definitively one way or the other. Preferably before the next season starts.

Shit, he has to know generally how each character is getting where they are going, right? Right???? Ah shit, maybe not.
I'm sure he cares a lot how much they are buttfucking his series characters, but he knows its part of the business and contractually he may not have any say on what they do anymore with his IP

spronk

FPS noob
look if you've been a fat nerd all your life that nobody pays attention to and then all of a sudden women everywhere are touching your penis for free, you have earned the right to fuck off and do whatever the fuck you want in the short amount of time you have left on earth.

Looks like GRRM also has some jungle fever, go hit that hard just always wear a condom Captain Pussy Crusher

a7RVk5H.jpg

7umF3cb.jpg

Cybsled

Since they diverged already in incredibly stupid ways (think selmy and shireen) its almost certainly not going to be good. But I would expect the show to at least end up where the books will end up when Brian Sanderson writes spring.
Who said they diverged with Selmy and Shireen? For all we know, they die the same way or roughly the same in the upcoming book.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
It'd be pretty punk for Selmy to go out that way in the books and it doesn't make sense at all for book Shireen to get sacrificed without her dad even near her.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Actually I'd say it makes more sense for Shireen to be burned behind his back rather than for him to stand there watching, if she does get burned in the books.