GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
I'm 100% fine with the Belwas/Catelyn stuff. Honestly all the changes so far I'm pretty okay with. It's telling the same story, just making it a bit easier to tell.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Eh, Strong Belwas is useless to the plot. I'm not sure how you could consider that a "mistake". He has some funny scenes/lines, but anyone can end up getting poisoned in his place, really. Other than that, he's a non-essential character. My assumption is all of the changes are sanctioned by GRRM. That being said, I just hope he has an idea of what the hell he's doing, as far as actually wrapping up the story/books and those changes to the show are all taking that into consideration.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Taking out Belwas was a good idea. They need to do more to establish Barristan and having him split time with someone screaming Liver and Onions would just weaken that. Barristan vs the Hero of Meereen will be great.

iannis

Musty Nester
The Sword of Truth series ruined itself after about two or three books. I mean it was campy retarded middle school sex-fetish fantasy to begin with... and it was enjoyable for that. It was Spartacus in book form. It was easy, it was goofy, but then it got REALLY fucking stupid.

So I wouldn't worry about Thrones going that way. Ilitr-uh-lydon't think it's possible for it to get that bad. The only concern I have is that GRRM doesn't know how this ends. It'll wind up like a Grateful Dead bootleg -- it'll sprawl out, it'll wander around for a while, and it'll be entertaining but ten minutes later you won't remember what the song was even about. You just remember that Phil rocks.

But then again, there are far worse things than being a Grateful Dead song.

spronk

FPS noob
this dude on hawaii 5-0 woulda been the perfect belwas, he even used to be a wrestler
tumblr_lta8uv7ZFq1qzbrzmo1_500.gif

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Im starting to think catelyn isnt going to die. I predict she will get injured to her throat at the red wedding, jumps into the river and passes out to be recovered by the lightning lord on a riverbank

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but the sweeper guy who said he was sent by Theon's sister is Ramsay.

Cybsled

I had read the books, but I forgot that was supposed to be Ramsey.

One thing I fear is the show meddling with the story so much it paints itself into corners that it has to use non-book things to get out of, sorta like Walking Dead. It ends up becoming its own beast and everyone just goes along because hey GRRM is a producer they wouldn't change stuff if he didn't agree maybe this is how he wanted it anyway... well, didn't Walking Dead also have the author as part of the show until he finally got mad and left... and yet that show continues with horrible writing.
Lol, Kirkman is still a producer on the show and he has plenty of input.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm scared for Shae, it looks like jealousy is going to make her turn against Tyrion in the end.
It's going to have to. They've put way too much time in to making her the whore genius lady of the world protector spy to have her just jump ship with no motivation beyond power/money.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
RE: Theon's Sister Saving Him

I think some book readers forget, us non-book readers, the last scene between Theon & his sister was in Winterfell and her saying she cared about his stupid ass and didn't want him to die, which is why she wanted him to come with him and leave Winterfell. So to a straight viewer, the idea of Thoen's sister send help to him.

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
Good episode, very good. New characters with actual character and some well written scenes not in the book. Everything beyond the wall is still junk.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That probably won't get better until next season when he returns to defend the wall against Mance's army. We'll probably get to see some tits though while he's fooling around with Ygritte.