GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Spoilerish question but what amount of time are the novels as a whole supposed to cover anyways?
I think by the time we're at in the TV series, it has been about a year since King Robert and company came to Winterfell. Keep in mind that seasons are super long, so years are just counted by days and shit.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Question:

Should Berric Dondarrion be with the Brotherhood of Banners by this point (if strictly following the books) and would he already be in zombie mode? Has an actor even been cast for Dondarrion for season 3?

He featured briefly in Season 1 when Ned instructed him to leave Kings Landing and bring The Mountain to justice but that actor could well have been a "filler" casting decision

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Dondarrion should be there already, yes. His zombification would have happened while Gregor was scouring the Riverlands.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Thoros of Myr was a lot more badass than I imagined him. For whatever reason during my reading I got this picture of him in my head of being more of a blundering oaf. That said, I really liked the portrayal of him and Anguy. I'm eager to see more with the Brotherhood.

Fedor

<Banned>
Question:

Should Berric Dondarrion be with the Brotherhood of Banners by this point (if strictly following the books) and would he already be in zombie mode? Has an actor even been cast for Dondarrion for season 3?

He featured briefly in Season 1 when Ned instructed him to leave Kings Landing and bring The Mountain to justice but that actor could well have been a "filler" casting decision
at 8:41

at 0:32

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Thoros won the melee tournament with his flaming sword. While the mountain was killing his own horse and trying to murder the knight of flowers, Thoros was kicking everybodies asses in the actual skill at arms tournament. Thoros is one of the most underrated swordman in the book and he's certainly no oaf.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thoros won the melee tournament with his flaming sword. While the mountain was killing his own horse and trying to murder the knight of flowers, Thoros was kicking everybodies asses in the actual skill at arms tournament. Thoros is one of the most underrated swordman in the book and he's certainly no oaf.
I think people got that idea because he loved to get shitfaced with Bobby B (or anyone else for that matter).

Deeone

Molten Core Raider
My impression when reading the books was he was a drunken oaf, or it least looked that way to everyone else before he joined the brotherhood. Actually I vaguely remember him admitting that at some point.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's going to have to. They've put way too much time in to making her the whore genius lady of the world protector spy to have her just jump ship with no motivation beyond power/money.
That or there's more to her character than what we know in the books /shrug

haven't finished the books, so finding out Bran is a Warg was pretty awesome. Obviously was wondering how the dreams/visions/raven would tie into it all

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think them playing up Shae more than the books is to give a stronger impact to her betrayal of Tyrion. You don't have an inner-monologue of Tyrion from the books, so while it's clear that Tyrion loves her on the show, making her seem smarter and more important kind of replaces all the obsessing that he does in his head.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Oh yeah, Thoros is a bit of a drunken fool preaching for some odd religion, but when it comes to combat, he's a scary and effective motherfucker.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I think they kind of botched the jaime vs brienne fight. as i remember the whole fight was supposed to highlight how utterly badass of a fighter jaime was, that despite being malnourished and capitive for months and having his hands restrained, he was still pushing her to her limit. in the episode he was just slapped around a bit, not really doing that much.

Littlefinger is not as cunning as Varys, in my opinion. Varys is changing the fate of the entire kingdom, while Petyr is really just trying to change his own. He's basically the poor-man's version of Varys. I don't really know why he gets a lot of love around here. He's a weaselly fucker in the books as well. They are just really piling it on in the show.
well, he did reveal some kind of plans to influence the power in the north by having sansa become queen to some relative of arryn. but it's not as apparent as what varys is doing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's tough to say who is more cunning or effective since their true purposes haven't been revealed yet. Both are a little too obviously deceptive for me. Varys always brags about how he's spying on everyone all the time and Littlefinger is literally telling people not to trust him. It just seems like when you have people like Ned, Cercei, Tywin etc running the show the Pycelle strategy is a smarter idea. Being a man who is known to have many secrets and many strings attached to things and no tangible power or real consequences for being killed is a bad idea.

That aside, I have no idea what Varys' end goal is by killing Tywin. He can't think he'll get a better station by assassinating Tywin and paving the way for Aegon to capture things. And he can't think that it's better for the realm by letting it go to shit under Cersei. Tywin just about had everything on lockdown before he died.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Oh yeah, Thoros is a bit of a drunken fool preaching for some odd religion, but when it comes to combat, he's a scary and effective motherfucker.
He's a disciple of the Red God... Hasn't the other Red priestess birthed the shadow-vagina monsters already?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
That aside, I have no idea what Varys' end goal is by killing Tywin. He can't think he'll get a better station by assassinating Tywin and paving the way for Aegon to capture things. And he can't think that it's better for the realm by letting it go to shit under Cersei. Tywin just about had everything on lockdown before he died.
That's only if you believe that Varys was behind Tywin dying. I still don't buy that Tyrion was deceived into killing him, although Varys killing Kevan does make it a bit more plausible. I just want to believe that Tywin was a hypocrite and Tyrion exacted some sweet, sweet revenge.