GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I don't know. The said he would be going then edited it like he didn't. It was very sloppy.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
meh - pretty boring but that preview looks good for next week. Really getting annoyed at the 8 different story-lines getting 5 minutes each episode - started wearing on me a couple seasons ago and really only works if you save the whole season and power through, not on a weekly basis. Brienna showing up out of bumfuck nowhere was a little odd.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lol. Read the books last year and I enjoyed it. The book nerds are throwing feces in the spoiler thread and it's fantastic. 5 years of writing the next book in their heads getting fucking trashed.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
this is also a possibility, but it seemed she was more surprised at the concept of resurrection.
Would have to rewatch that episode to see the tone of her surprise, I always assumed Thoros was kind of the laughing stock drunkard of the religion, so the fact he was showing a power that I would assume be pretty damn strong would be surprising as fuck, but I can't remember exactly how she reacted to it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
meh - pretty boring but that preview looks good for next week. Really getting annoyed at the 8 different story-lines getting 5 minutes each episode - started wearing on me a couple seasons ago and really only works if you save the whole season and power through, not on a weekly basis. Brienna showing up out of bumfuck nowhere was a little odd.
This gripe I can understand, the hour seemed to fly by. Might work better if they focused on only half the stories an episode so you'd get twice as much substance. Then just alternate which half of stories is getting a look every other episode. Sometimes feels like you're just getting fed little nibbles at a time.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Also, I really need a timeline or a flow chart or some shit for whatever the fuck happened to Trystane. Isn't he in KL? How did the sand snakes get there, then? Doesn't he have guards? I mean, I guess Dornish guards could have let them in after seeing what Doran's guards did (jack shit). But since KL knows Myrcella is dead, why the fuck aren't there Lannister guards all over Trystane's ass? Is he not even in KL? Is his ass still on the Dornish boat? Am I wrong and he's still in Dorne? If so, why is he painting the stone eyes for Myrcella's funeral? Shouldn't he not know she's dead yet in that case? What the fuck is going on there?
Yeah I was wondering why he wasn't on the ferry ship when they got to Kings Landing, pretty sure he stayed on the big ship. It looked like a ship cabin that he was killed in and they show a wide shot of the ship right before he's killed. There's only two Sand Snakes there to kill Doran so presumably the other two are on the ship to kill Trystane. Still doesn't explain how they got there though.

I just rewatched the scene from last season where they depart and all four of the Sand Snakes are chilling on the dock when the boat leaves. Maybe the two of them followed in another ship and ninja'd aboard the big Dorne ship? Who the hell knows lol.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Also, I really need a timeline or a flow chart or some shit for whatever the fuck happened to Trystane. Isn't he in KL? How did the sand snakes get there, then? Doesn't he have guards? I mean, I guess Dornish guards could have let them in after seeing what Doran's guards did (jack shit). But since KL knows Myrcella is dead, why the fuck aren't there Lannister guards all over Trystane's ass? Is he not even in KL? Is his ass still on the Dornish boat? Am I wrong and he's still in Dorne? If so, why is he painting the stone eyes for Myrcella's funeral? Shouldn't he not know she's dead yet in that case? What the fuck is going on there?
Yeah this part was hot lazy mess. According to the HBO Viewer's Guide, Trystane remained on the ship at King's Landing because he wasn't allowed into the city though it doesn't explain why.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I've known girls that look bad without their make-up.

But jesus Red Witch what was that??

Seriously though, I was just admiring the splendid view of them boobies - When suddenly Old Hag!!!

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Yeah this part was hot lazy mess. According to the HBO Viewer's Guide, Trystane remained on the ship at King's Landing because he wasn't allowed into the city though it doesn't explain why.
I can understand why he'd stay on the ship and not wanting to go into town considering dead Myrcella, infact I can envision a scene with Jaime telling him "I know you had nothing to do with this but you should probably stay on the ship for now bro". Two teleporting Sand Snakes aboard that ship is dialing the wtf up to 11 though.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I can understand why he'd stay on the ship and not wanting to go into town considering dead Myrcella, infact I can envision a scene with Jaime telling him "I know you had nothing to do with this but you should probably stay on the ship for now bro". Two teleporting Sand Snakes aboard that ship is dialing the wtf up to 11 though.
Sure it's perfectly plausible but not having that laid out is what made it lazy. It wouldn't have taken a lot of time. It makes you wonder why they had such an absurdly long "previously on ..." to refresh all of the various storylines for the audience only to follow that up with something as disjointed and confusing as the Trystane's death scene.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I read the books but I don't really give a fuck about them anymore. I'm glad HBO is finishing the story for us because GRRM was going to take another 20 years to wrap this shit up if he doesn't die first.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
yeah the "not really sure what we're gonna be able to do going forward so let's leave things open ended" does irritate a bit. Hopefully now that they know exactly how many episodes they have left they can storyboard the rest of the series instead of season by season.

re: Well we'll have the sandsnakes go to KL and kill Trystane. Oh shit we ran out of time, just let them teleport to the boat in the harbor then.
see also: we're gonna have to cut the entire iron born storyline, just have Daario capture the mereenese navy so they have ships to use. Oh sweet we can do the ironborn storyline...oh shit, just have the son's of the harpy burn the fleet, so that the army of unsullied can't leave...wait...

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh Yea! Big floppy granny titties fap fap fap and lets beat the shit out of a blind girl for fun.

Siddar

I agree lots of WTF moments in this episode like why is Davos hanging around castle black after Jon is dead?

He was always the the voice of sanity in the show now he is hanging around with a corpse, a dire wolf, five guys, and the Red Witch against the Knights watch for no apparent reason.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I agree lots of WTF moments in this episode like why is Davos hanging around castle black after Jon is dead?

He was always the the voice of sanity in the show now he is hanging around with a corpse, a dire wolf, five guys, and the Red Witch against the Knights watch for no apparent reason.
There's basically a giant blizzard and he doesn't have the shit to go anywhere alone. That was at the end of last season.

Siddar

There's basically a giant blizzard and he doesn't have the shit to go anywhere alone. That was at the end of last season.
So instead of just saying well fuck I'm out of here as soon as possible he decides to commit suicide for a dead man.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hate to say it, but most of this episode felt like bad fanfic.

-Tyrion was out of character, any witty remarks he makes are normally sharp and clever, here he was making a cheap dick joke. Buying the baby thing was dumb too.

-Khal Whatshisname, leader of a great horde and potentially a major threat to Dany, has a bunch of adolescent smartasses as his advisors. Tension and credibility gone instantly.

-Daario, on a desperate quest to find his friend, lover and queen, finds time to take cheap shots at Jorah's unrequited love for Dany. Jorah is dealing with a lethal illness in the same scene. Supposed to be a tense scene, not comedy.

-Sand Snakes are still bad at being threatening or believable villains, despite being used to kill far more interesting characters. Two of them teleported onto the boat, while being shown watching it sail away last season

-Dogs disappearing into thin air in the scene with Sansa and Brienne. Brienne appearing out of nowhere was a bit deus ex too, guess you could explain it by her having followed the baying of the hounds. Could have been set up a little (horse chase scene or something)

Love this show but this episode wasn't great.