GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I get that they had to end the "expected" Dorne storyline. But damn if that wasn't some fucking shenanigans to do it. I have a hard time suspending the disbelief that in order to avenge Oberyn.... they killed his brother and nephew.

Kinslaying being a big deal and all how in the fuck would she be able to get houses of Dorne to support her? Seems like they'd have to kill her off just to maintain their honor before they fight over who gets to succeed Doran.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Bron wasn't shown, for no good reason, he had been on the ship with Jamie when they left to sail back to King's Landing. But we didn't see him in this ep. I guess the were centering on the dead daughter, but still, Bron.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
-Sand Snakes are still bad at being threatening or believable villains, despite being used to kill far more interesting characters. Two of them teleported onto the boat, while being shown watching it sail away last season
Are you talking about when they are in the room with the son of the prince? That was in Dorne, not on the boat. Other then that scene, not sure what you are talking about.
As for the dothraki advisors, that's how their culture just is. Khal Drogo was an overly intense, and therefore feared, Khal. He was not representative of most Dothraki, they are a very wild and free spirited people, that's why they roam around instead of settling down. Having his advisors make lewd remarks seemed fine, and it gave a good comedic payoff moment.

However, the episode was 'meh' to me, for sure. No cliffhangers from the end of last season were really resolved, cept maybe Sansa's (finally some good news for the poor girl). I dislike when they try to do a bit of story for every ongoing thread in the same episode, we don't get much progress for any one of them then. I prefer when they focus more on just a few of the ongoing threads. But, for the first episode, I suppose they need to remind us of what's going on with everyone.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Saw someone mention that what if sylese (stannis wife) saw the real melisandre. Really changes the dynamic of their conversations.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't know how old carice van Houten is but I was reminded last night that she has pretty much the most perfect titties in all of existence. Seriously the best shape ever.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
She is 39 apparently.

Trystane staying on the boat makes sense. Cersei would have him flayed and Jaimie knows he wasn't involved in the death, so having him stay on the boat for now is logical. Sand Snakes magically appearing on the boat is not ;p

I love the show, but it is "wtf plot hole" stuff like that or the vanishing dogs which makes me hope they don't artificially stretch out the run for the sake of it, because things like that become more prevalent.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I don't know how old carice van Houten is but I was reminded last night that she has pretty much the most perfect titties in all of existence. Seriously the best shape ever.
Ya think? Nice shape, but a little flat for my tastes. I think Alexandra Daddario in S1 True Detective has the crown.

rrr_img_131902.jpg

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Episode was average at best. Boy did they butcher the entire Dorne storyline. It's tragic how they made Area Hotah a small token character who went out like a bitch in the end. I think the only thing I really liked was the Sansa stuff. The good news is next week looks a little better. Also need clarification, do you have to be completely taken over from greyscale to infect someone? Jorah is obviously infected I think he's already touched Dany with his bare hands.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Did Brienne ever meet Sansa? How did she know her by sight?

Siliconemelons

speaking of pussy shit...they haven't done a full frontal sans merkin...but we can do it of the od hag np... just like ER show on TV can shot bare titties of an old lady, np. lol

and...umm... I took the scene that the sand snakes killed the prince on the boat...that looked like a boat, they cut from the dorn throne to show the ship at KL then to inside it...yeah its a boat- and still does not explain how those 2 got there.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I love the show, but it is "wtf plot hole" stuff like that or the vanishing dogs which makes me hope they don't artificially stretch out the run for the sake of it, because things like that become more prevalent.
Stretching it out would actually help some of these failings. If they had cut the completely unnecessary scene with Ramsay opining over his dead wench before telling the maester to feed her body to the dogs and pushed Arya's scene out to next week it would have freed up screen time for handling the Brienne fight more thoroughly and doing a better job of setting up Trystane's murder.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Stretching it out would actually help some of these failings. If they had cut the completely unnecessary scene with Ramsay opining over his dead wench before telling the maester to feed her body to the dogs and pushed Arya's scene out to next week it would have freed up screen time for handling the Brienne fight more thoroughly and doing a better job of setting up Trystane's murder.
Nobody cared about the hounds other than nerds looking to be pissed off about something, and 99% of show watchers had no idea who Trystane was.

Column_sl

shitlord
Bron wasn't shown, for no good reason, he had been on the ship with Jamie when they left to sail back to King's Landing. But we didn't see him in this ep. I guess the were centering on the dead daughter, but still, Bron.
I just took it as they weren't on the full boat when they showed the scene with Jamie so Bron probly took off to a Tavern. Why would he stick around for the Drama shit with that bitch?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
All the Areo Hotah butthurt is funny. He was a non-factor on the show. Nobody would have any clue who Areo Hotah even was if you asked them. I hope the entire Dorne story dies.

The definitely tried to mash too much shit into this first episode, much of it coming off lazy. I still enjoyed the episode and, as usual, the hour flew by. Hope it tightens up, though.

Caliane

Would have to rewatch that episode to see the tone of her surprise, I always assumed Thoros was kind of the laughing stock drunkard of the religion, so the fact he was showing a power that I would assume be pretty damn strong would be surprising as fuck, but I can't remember exactly how she reacted to it.
its not clear. I know, that scene made me go google more on her back when it first aired. because prior to that, I thought she might be a fraud. After that, I was pretty sure she was. Fakes immunity to poison, with other poisons. Wrong about Stannis. Fire sword explanation seemed fake. I questioned if the shadow babies were really Red god, or a false god. I mean sure, light "creates" shadows out of darkness.. but still..
Reading up, book Melisandra does seem to be genuine.
So the resurrection surprise has a few possible answers. He was more powerful then her, and that shocked her. She declared it impossible iirc. before he even said he had done it 7? times.. or, Magic is returning to the world, and she didn't think there as that much power for that reason. or, She is again, a minor witch, pretending to be a priestess.

Yeah, this episode bounced around too much. For a show trying to buy time... This could have been 2 episodes.

Dorne going nowhere, as noted. Its dumb, ties into a larger complaint, where this show treats main characters as gods. how the hell will those idiots rule a nation? Show will most likely not really touch on this. the only nation to revolt on its rulers is the slaver city Danny took over..

Dothrakyi horsemen. yeah, that didn't seem in character at all.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Episode was average at best. Boy did they butcher the entire Dorne storyline. It's tragic how they made Area Hotah a small token character who went out like a bitch in the end. I think the only thing I really liked was the Sansa stuff. The good news is next week looks a little better. Also need clarification, do you have to be completely taken over from greyscale to infect someone? Jorah is obviously infected I think he's already touched Dany with his bare hands.
In the books, Dany seems more or less resistant to diseases, so it wouldn't surprise me if greyscale is something she is immune to.

Plus, it may be the infected area has to touch someone and for now it seems relegated to his forearm.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
speaking of pussy shit...they haven't done a full frontal sans merkin...but we can do it of the od hag np... just like ER show on TV can shot bare titties of an old lady, np. lol

and...umm... I took the scene that the sand snakes killed the prince on the boat...that looked like a boat, they cut from the dorn throne to show the ship at KL then to inside it...yeah its a boat- and still does not explain how those 2 got there.
Sorry you are so wrong.