GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
It's been a while, but didn't Jon or whoever find him because he was wimpering under the dead dire wolf?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah in the show they are about to walk away with 5 pups until Jon hears a whimper and picks up Ghost.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
rrr_img_131929.jpg

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
This kinda bothered me. From the beginning he was all wrong. From the weapon to the hair.
Dude cut a Kingsguard in HALF from the shoulder to opposite hip... and the show has him knifed in the back...
/sad trombone.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah being strong enough to cleave a man in two makes you superman invulnerability to knives. That surprise attack in the back should of just bounced off him.

It is known.

It's the same retard argument from last season. Barristan selmy and 6 unsullied dying from hundreds of assassins fighting in a narrow corridor? No way man

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Oh look more people crying about the show being different than the book.
This isn't the show different from the book. This is the show expanding on shit that hasn't happened yet in the books and we think its dumb. It'll probably happen in the books too, whenever that is.

I guess you could argue that the book wouldn't have had Areo Hotah go out that way, so it's a book/show complaint. But whatever. It's dumb whether it happened in the book or not.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
ya know, its not nerdrage butthurt, you should be mad too. areo hotah and barristan selmy were truly incredible warriors and now not only do we never get to see them in their glory cutting down fools, but neither will you. im not even going to get into the lack of Strong Belwas or The Golden Company.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
This show/book has constantly been about people dying in less than glorious situations. Robert gored by a boar after being drugged, fucking tywin lannister probably the biggest badass in the kingdom, killed while taking a shit.
Granted, Renly and Ned had kinda cool deaths as did I'm sure rhaegar in the battlefield, but it's all random and I think that's something Martin is getting at with death in his stories.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Achilles died to an arrow to the heel. Amazing warriors die to the little things, in myths and in real life. Get over it ;p

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Lies. Every warrior who was scary as fuck died because someone bigger and badder than them challenged them straight up and they lost. No one ever took down someone more powerful than them in an indirect way. This show has jumped the shark. If RR Martin was in charge he would have skull-fucked the shark, and ate it's children. Blah Blah Blah.

Decent episode. Blue balling Jon's return is fucking stupid, but other than that it was a solid episode for what they achieved in an hour.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Blue balling Jon's return is fucking stupid
Its stupid to us, but probably not stupid for ratings reasons...they are going to milk that shit another 2 episodes I bet to try to keep viewership as high as it was last night.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
People aren't complaining that they are dying dumb deaths. A lot of characters do. The problem is there's those badass characters dying in the show without ever actually having their moment of fame. Areo Hotah in the show is some dumb lardass who used to stand around with a poleaxe and died stabbed by a 12yo girl with a gerber knife, whereas in the book he was the guy known for chopping fools in half, shoulder to crotch.

Martell actually was a patient schemer with a deep hatred for the Lannisters who dies in the show as some spineless weakling.

It's not butthurt, it's disappointment to see characters ripped of everything that made them interesting for the sake of expediency. Why bother to even have them there?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
He was a ultra patient schemer but not a very good one, his masterplan was retarded and had already failed. His impatient daughter was the only one to do anything by disobeying him and is set up to continue to do so with the fake targ heir.

He does nothing and is pretty much irrelevant. His daughter, or in the show ellaria sand, is gonna carry that story forward

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
People aren't complaining that they are dying dumb deaths. A lot of characters do. The problem is there's those badass characters dying in the show without ever actually having their moment of fame. Areo Hotah in the show is some dumb lardass who used to stand around with a poleaxe and died stabbed by a 12yo girl with a gerber knife, whereas in the book he was the guy known for chopping fools in half, shoulder to crotch.

Martell actually was a patient schemer with a deep hatred for the Lannisters who dies in the show as some spineless weakling.

It's not butthurt, it's disappointment to see characters ripped of everything that made them interesting for the sake of expediency. Why bother to even have them there?
Do not feed the trolls.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The combat is, without a doubt, the worst part about the Game of Thrones TV series.

These heroes dying without being in battle is probably a blessing.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Why's is so hard to accept that the book and the shows are different?

I also never understood people that wanted books to be EXACTLY like a tv show or movie. Shouldn't you want something a little different than the exact same story you've already read?

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This show/book has constantly been about people dying in less than glorious situations. Robert gored by a boar after being drugged, fucking tywin lannister probably the biggest badass in the kingdom, killed while taking a shit.
Granted, Renly and Ned had kinda cool deaths as did I'm sure rhaegar in the battlefield, but it's all random and I think that's something Martin is getting at with death in his stories.
How could you forget Khal Drogo dying from a infected minor wound?