GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
And where are the Others anyways? In season 1 the cliffhanger was a giant undead army Sam spotted... years later they haven't approached the wall.

Slowest army ever?
IDK man. It seems apparent they don't operate on the timescale of Men. I would bet its a case of Blue and Orange morality or something like that. Years later they haven't attacked the wall?

Why didn't they attack 7000 years ago a millenia after they lost the first War for the Dawn?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Mance Rayder had spent 20 years organizing the Wildlings to mobilize against the threat of the Others. Part of my guess is that the limited number of Others that existed at the time had to replenish their numbers. The way we saw with the Craster baby. As well as slowly kill off people to raise as Wights. Still begs the question of who were the first Others then if changing babies is how they reproduce or whatever.

TL;DR: Pimpin ain't easy.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Kit Harrington on the Snow Rez
"At first, I was worried that he'll wake up and he's the same, back to normal - then there's no point in that death," Harington tells EW. "He needs to change. There's a brilliant line when Melisandre asks: 'What did you see?' And he says: 'Nothing, there was nothing at all.' That cuts right to our deepest fear, that there's nothing after death. And that's the most important line in the whole season for me. Jon's never been afraid of death, and that's made him a strong and honorable person. He realizes something about his life now: He has to live it, because that's all there is. He's been over the line and there's nothing there. And that changes him. It literally puts the fear of god into him. He's seen oblivion and that's got to change somebody in the most fundamental way there is. He doesn't want to die ever again. But if he does, he doesn't want to be brought back."

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I'm still curious as to what the real price of these resurrections is. From the start we get told that only death can pay for life. Coming back "a little less" than you were before isn't even remotely a fair price, it's not even a price. It's a minor side effect. Who would ever say no? People were equating it to the 96% EQ res. Would you ever refuse it because you weren't getting that last 4% lol? Fuck no, that'd be retarded. If you bought into a cash poker game for $100, lose, and someone offers to buy you back in for $90, there's no price there. You crash an uninsured new corvette and someone offers you a free last-gen corvette, that's not a price.

It's not quite what you had before but it's a shitload better than the other option... Nothing.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Who was the guy that tossed Greyjoy? Seems like we were supposed to know who he was, but I don't remember him at all

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Seems simple enough: He wasn't Azor Ahai, he was just a mortal with a side of warg. Now R'hallor has chosen him and given him a powerup.

The watch will fear and distrust him but the wildings will worship him, perhaps? He'll have Mel, and Davos, and whatever dregs are left of the Queen's Men, and practically the whole north minus the Boltons and Karstarks if he wants.

The only catch is, he knows the real enemy are the Others. So he'll be more concerned with that than anything fun like making Frey pies or placing golden shrouds.

Ramsay be fucked tho.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
And where are the Others anyways? In season 1 the cliffhanger was a giant undead army Sam spotted... years later they haven't approached the wall.

Slowest army ever?
If memory serves, that was the end of season 2, not season 1.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The Others need to gather enough wights to actually assault the wall since they can't get near it themselves. That's why it was important for Mance to round up the idiot wildings and get them out of there.

One way or the other he was saving a lot of people.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
The Others need to gather enough wights to actually assault the wall since they can't get near it themselves. That's why it was important for Mance to round up the idiot wildings and get them out of there.

One way or the other he was saving a lot of people.
How could any number of wights breach that wall? Funny to be having another wall discussion considering the politics thread, but given the scale of the Wall in GoT it's pretty well invulnerable to Wight attack isn't it? They can't scale it because they can't climb, right?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Weren't those skeleton fuckers at Hardhome scaling walls/buildings/mountains?
Yea they were climbing the fence and fighting. Pretty different from how I thought the wights were. Maybe there's more than just "wights" and "Others" ?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
AFAIK the only difference is the age of the corpse.

They sure as shit aren't shambling zombies.
If the wights can use climbing equipment to scale the wall then yea they'd be a real threat, especially since they can't really be killed except with fire.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They need enough zombies to make a zombie ramp ala World War Z. That's how they get over the wall!

rrr_img_133025.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Wasn't there also something about Mance's horn causing the wall to crack or something? I remember reading something like that a long time ago.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I thought he said Euron in the scene but I guess not, he constantly refers to him as his older brother at least 3 times, "You're old Brother, you've had your time. Now let another rule"

Debase

N00b
Wasn't there also something about Mance's horn causing the wall to crack or something? I remember reading something like that a long time ago.
Mance's horn was a fake. Tormund revealed that to John after Mance is "killed" in the books. But yeah, the Horn of Winter is a mythical item once controlled by Jorumond (the first King beyond the wall) and is supposed to hold the power to destroy the Wall.

I would that the White Walkers have it and it will be a big "oh shit" moment in the books/show.