GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So after asking around and reading into it...if you have grey scale, touching anyone will transfer it, it doesn't have to be point of contact with the scales on your skin...unless someone can find something that says otherwise.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
So, does Ser Davos bail on Stannis now or does he carry a pouch of Shireen's ashes around his neck and keep on keepin' on?
My Prediction:

Somehow Jon winds up riding with Davos back to Stannis camp. Davos loses his shit, kills Stannis, Jon dies in ensuing battle. Melisandre rezzes Jon instead of Stannis, Jon freed of Nights Watch, takes Stannis army and takes back Winterfell. But not before Sansa escapes back into Littlefingers clutches.

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
I see no way Davos stay's Stannis' hand of the king. When he finds out I would assume he will try to kill Mel but this is the TV show we are talking about, he may just give Stannis a high five

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
My Prediction:

Somehow Jon winds up riding with Davos back to Stannis camp. Davos loses his shit, kills Stannis, Jon dies in ensuing battle. Melisandre rezzes Jon instead of Stannis, Jon freed of Nights Watch, takes Stannis army and takes back Winterfell.
Great TV but that would be justice and there is very little in martins writing.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I see no way Davos stay's Stannis' hand of the king. When he finds out I would assume he will try to kill Mel but this is the TV show we are talking about, he may just give Stannis a high five
If he uses his band hand it's more like a high 3, he's got the thumb and 4 half fingers

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is this just a setup for Hizzy to escape blame yes/no
qH8wXoY.gif

I say no. Even if he despised Daenarys and her rule the upside to being king is much better than what happens if he deposes her. It's not like you can just have the queen assassinated and then get handed rulership. Probably the only way to do that would have been to stab her himself.

So after asking around and reading into it...if you have grey scale, touching anyone will transfer it, it doesn't have to be point of contact with the scales on your skin...unless someone can find something that says otherwise.
Did you ask a Ph.D in fictional diseases? It's a plot device. If the writers want Daenarys to get stonetits they will. But they won't because it's dumb.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Great TV but that would be justice and there is very little in martins writing.
It has to happen eventually. Gives him a season to get his forces together in the North, try to rally the Southern kingdoms, and get ready for Bran and Daneryes to all meet up.

iannis

Musty Nester
I've gots a real question here.

So if they had spears to chuck at the dragon... why did they not use those spears 2 minutes earlier to chuck at the queen... who they were trying to kill?

Harpies r dum? They took all this time to orchestrate a grand conspiracy and forgot that they can throw things?

I mean it's just getting more and more convenient, is all.

#TeamIceNecrom

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Still can't believe Stannis burned his daughter after all that "you're my daughter and you deserves better than dieing of stoneskin" bullshit.
That scene was necessary to add weight to what happened last night.

If when Melisandre first approached Stannis and said "Hey, let's sacrifice your daughter" and Stannis turned around and said "LOL, why didn't you say so earlier???" then he's a soulless monster. Not a single viewer of the show would want him to win. Fuck, most people would be rooting for the Boltons at that point.

But the situation at that time didn't call for desperation. Stannis still had a fighting chance when Melisandre first approached him.

Buuuuuut the entire first 10 minutes of this episode were used to build up just how wildly hopeless Stannis' position was. He was already fucked to begin with, between the weather, the desertion, and the dwindling supplies, and then Ramsay's infiltration just made things 100x worse by destroying of Stannis' food and siege weapons.

Ultimately his choice became either sacrifice his daughter or abandon everything.

He's still a soulless monster, but at least he was shown to be conflicted by the situation. Some would call his decision Machiavellian, some would call it unforgivably cruel, but when the choice is either to have one person die, or have everyone die, he made the decision that may ultimately save the most lives.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The Dorne business was just a way to get Jaime out of King's Landing for the humbling of Cersei that wouldn't cost a lot to produce (unlike a military engagement in Riverrun would). It not being a vital part of the story really does show.
I think the Dorne stuff is just establishing the characters there, for when Dany starts her invasion of Westeros there.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You would think that *someone* would have trained the Unsullied to drop those goddamn spears and pull out swords when not in formation, especially after the debacle earlier. Good grief.

I don't think Davos makes it back to Stannis' army; I think this is where he will get sidetracked into what he ends up doing in the books, looking for Rickon. He definitely knew what was going to happen though; Davos knew Shireen was going into the fire when Stannis told him to head back to Castle Black - he was trying to get Stannis to let him take Shireen with him. Stannis essentially saved him from having to watch, but Davos let it happen; I think Stannis knew that he would never be able to burn Shireen without losing Davos in some way or having Davos talk him out of it, so he gave Davos an out; Davos saw the out for what it was and took it anyway.

*and Iannis, they probably took the spears from the dead Unsullied, heh. Plenty of them lying around!

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Is there any reason to think we'll actually see Rickon again in the show, beyond some sort of reveal as to where he is hiding?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well, you just have to assume that it's an internal power struggle among the families of the city. Like when she took them down to have the dragons eat that one dude. It might be none of you, it might be all of you. I don't know, but I do know that if I feed you all to my dragons that I'll get the guilty ones.

But at the end of the day, neither do I give a shit. The lack of showing any force for her has really been a problem this season. I have to agree about the unsullied thing. They spent time building them up into this elite fighting force last season because it was convenient, and now that it's convenient for them to be idle and less competent that's what happens. Without anything to support it in exposition or development. It's just "because reasons". Except it's not really even that. It's just not addressed at all.

Why do your castrated freedman child warriors all of a sudden suck so much? Like Jaime in Dorne it just comes across as lazy.

They're becoming extremely erratic. Last episode was balls out. This one, more of a swing and a miss.
It makes plenty of sense for the unsullied to suck. Their strength in battle came from the fact that they didn't view themselves as human beings and were fearless instruments of war. They've have no great military leader to teach them how to be soldiers since.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Is there any reason to think we'll actually see Rickon again in the show, beyond some sort of reveal as to where he is hiding?
Now, I could be wrong. But Rickon will be integral to completely usurp the Bolton's hold on the North. Short of killing them... which could still totally happen.

Fuck if I know. I think we're just aligning the book with the show now.

iannis

Musty Nester
I guess. But no one happens to notice? She's got her small council, which included Ser BestEverCouldKillEveryone1v20... and no one happens to notice? This conversation takes place off camera?

It's not really that they're asking too much of the viewer in these spots. It's that they're asking the viewer to do their work for them.

1-2 lines in the "The Unsullied are using whores to sing them lullabyes" human interest story. That's all it would have taken. I mean sure, it's fantasy. Anything makes sense I guess. This season has been about the least coherent. Which is really odd, because I really did enjoy the first 4 eps, and the one previous to this one.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It makes plenty of sense for the unsullied to suck. Their strength in battle came from the fact that they didn't view themselves as human beings and were fearless instruments of war. They've have no great military leader to teach them how to be soldiers since.
Well they had Barristan for a long time; you would think, being a man of war, at some point he would have been checking on the Unsullied and participating in their routine training.

I think of them like Spartans (and not 300-style superman Spartans). In formation they are unstoppable, but their strength is in the formation and their ability to hold it against all odds, and not individual prowess. So when the formation is broken or nonexistent and they have to fight alone, they run around like idiots and are nothing more than Sons of the Harpy dagger dummies.

It did look like a few of them were trying to form up in a protective circle around Dany and company at the end of the fight though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I was a little confused that there were so many harpies and only a few unsullied protecting dany. It seemed to me like they could have easily overrun the crew and killed them all. Instead, you get an 80's style fighting pit where one dude would run in and immediately die, then another, then some random dude would throw a knife that missed everyone and die.

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
You would think that *someone* would have trained the Unsullied to drop those goddamn spears and pull out swords when not in formation, especially after the debacle earlier. Good grief.

I don't think Davos makes it back to Stannis' army; I think this is where he will get sidetracked into what he ends up doing in the books, looking for Rickon. He definitely knew what was going to happen though; Davos knew Shireen was going into the fire when Stannis told him to head back to Castle Black - he was trying to get Stannis to let him take Shireen with him. Stannis essentially saved him from having to watch, but Davos let it happen; I think Stannis knew that he would never be able to burn Shireen without losing Davos in some way or having Davos talk him out of it, so he gave Davos an out; Davos saw the out for what it was and took it anyway.

*and Iannis, they probably took the spears from the dead Unsullied, heh. Plenty of them lying around!
I disagree with your point on Davos. I saw it as Davos knowing they are in a real shitty situation and that with him leaving for the Wall in this bizzard on the eve of war means he may not see her again. Could be he never makes it to the wall, he fails at his mission and Stannis/Shireen starve to death, Bolton's men slaughter them etc. No way in hell does Davos leave her there knowing she is about to be burned to a crisp. He put his life on the line and basically told Stannis to go F himself so he could save a child he did not even know (Edric Storm) because it was the right thing to do