GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Touching on a point from before, in the book they make Syrio out to be crazy good at fighting. He almost manages to dismantle the guards who come after Arya with a wooden stick until it breaks. Saying "it was a hopeless situation" seems like a cop out. He's a swordmaster, true, but I don't think it's too far fetched to assume he could disarm one of the others for their swords. (In fact, doesn't he do this by breaking one of their wrists?)

Yea, it's wishful thinking, but most of us are taught to be skeptical unless we're handed dna results proving someone died. Admittedly, GRRM could be saying, "Draw your own conclusions, because you guys know how I am...I don't care WHO dies."

I don't think Syrio is Jaqen, mainly because I think the two of them co-existing is there to show us how fucking all-encompassingly amazing swordmasters and faceless ones are.

Someone get GRRM at knifepoint and don't let him move till he finishes the series, fuck!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I was referring to the region. Not the specific cities. But dont let that stop you from yucking it up on my account.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i did, slaver's bay is not a city. i thought Myr was a coastal city along it. but its a coastal city to a different bay further NW.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oh yeah you caught me! way to go there super sleuth. i thought thoros of myr was from astapor. ya know because it sounds the same. right? you're really reaching in your pursuit of my bunghole drinsic.

its really a crime to get one coastal city of essos mixed up with another coastal city of essos. and the whole point i brought it up was the dude thought Thoros would be darker, and people of slaver's bay are dark. then again people in that region are dark as well so its a valid argument.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've not seen anything beyond the first 15min to the first episode and I could name 85 % of the characters showed so far.

Just makes me want to start watching even more....

Phaint_sl

shitlord
Sigh, McNulty as Mance Rayder would have been so epic
frown.png

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah the guy they cast as Mance doesn't give the impression of being someone who will clean up into a convincing bard.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Agree, the choice for Mance is disappointing. His acting is going to have to overshadow his giant face and general un-bardly appearance.

As far as McNulty, he would also be good as Oberyn. Think of him in300.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, I thought Bronn looked completely wrong too, but he nailed the role.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, I thought Bronn looked completely wrong too, but he nailed the role.
This is pretty much where I'm coming down on every single casting choice at this point. They have done a ludicrously good job, like just so far above and beyond what anyone could have expected.

At this point when I saw Ceasar was cast as Mance Rayder rather than wondering what the fuck they were doing I kind of thought about why I'd pictured him wildly differently. He never says he's young, just that he's charming or whatever. There's no reason for me to think he's a younger looking dude. He's supposed to be "in his middle years", mostly bald and with some gray hair. An "unremarkable" looking man. Ceasar from Rome is going to fucking nail it, and we're gonna say again how he's not how we pictured him, but the actor killed it.

Jojen is exactly how I pictured him, with a few more years on him. Meera is not. Might just be that picture, but the actress has one of those faces where she looks like she's 40.