GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm butthurt too, but will definitely read the books if he ever writes them. I'm pretty sure we're lucky if we even get winds of winter.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm not really butthurt, I just like the TV show better. I don't have to read these to find out the end of the story and as I said before there are a lot of better books to read that I won't have to wait years between only to find out they're not that good.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Because of grrm and his inability to finish this series I won't bother with his other books. Are the dunk & egg books the same or did he finish that?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The books and the series are both dumb as shit.

But I'll still read/watch them as any new stuff comes out.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean it's still engaging even if they constantly do stupid shit. It still makes no goddamn sense to me why they would kill Myrcella, unless it's just a tacit admission that her story in the books was going absolutely nowhere.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
@3:20 "when Ned cleaned his sword under the tree, was that a metaphorical masturbation?"
giphy.gif

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
?The art of writing is the art of applying the seat of the pants to the seat of the chair.? ~Mary Heaton Vorse

Someone needs to sit his fat ass down to a chair and make sure he's writing, and not just talking about writing.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I mean it's still engaging even if they constantly do stupid shit. It still makes no goddamn sense to me why they would kill Myrcella, unless it's just a tacit admission that her story in the books was going absolutely nowhere.
Cersei's supposed to outlive all her children according to the prophecy she received as a child. It wasn't a surprise. When you say "they", do you mean Gurrm/the writers or the retarded Sand Snakes? If the latter, because they're retarded.

Aydenn

Lord Nagafen Raider
no, dan and dave when left to their own devices suck compared to when it's already written down in black and white. the way they completely buttfucked Stannis's character arc was reprehensible, then they buttfucked all of dorne and jamie because they couldnt stop making up shit.
Most of the stuff that they come up with on their own, other than Hardhome and maybe a few other scenes, are pretty cringe worthy. I really don't have much faith in their ability to give this series a proper finish.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Most of the stuff that they come up with on their own, other than Hardhome and maybe a few other scenes, are pretty cringe worthy. I really don't have much faith in their ability to give this series a proper finish.
the absolute worst scene, was the attempt to rescue Theon. they run in, then tuck tail and run away in monty pythonesque fashion. i still cant get over that somebody actually wrote that scene and filmed it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cersei's supposed to outlive all her children according to the prophecy she received as a child. It wasn't a surprise. When you say "they", do you mean Gurrm/the writers or the retarded Sand Snakes? If the latter, because they're retarded.
As long as the one doesn't mind taking off her clothes more, I won't give a fuck.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Someone needs to sit his fat ass down to a chair and make sure he's writing, and not just talking about writing.
At one point, you should bite it and start collaborations. A lot of authors that find themselves bogged into popular series get an additional author in to revive their own motivation. Clarke was bugged all the time about making yet another sequel to 2001, so he picked Baxter and went at it. Weber had problem sustaining his ultra-popular Honor Harrington series, so he started bringing in others. Martin's already written plenty of collaborative works, even a novel: Hunter's Run (with Gardner Dozois and Daniel Abraham - half of "James S.A. Corey").

Or course Daniel Abraham would be the best collaborator for this, seeing as he wrote the graphic novel versions. But he has his yearly The Expanse volume, plus his own fantasy series, so he may not have the time either...

velk

Trakanon Raider
Or course Daniel Abraham would be the best collaborator for this, seeing as he wrote the graphic novel versions. But he has his yearly The Expanse volume, plus his own fantasy series, so he may not have the time either...
He's M.L.N Hanover too - a surprisingly busy guy. I recommend The Black Sun's Daughter for that matter, very clever plotting, I liked it more than most of his stuff as Daniel Abraham.

Cybsled

Pretty much this. It isn't as simple as sitting down and writing. If you aren't inspired or have a block or are stuck on a "boring" part or a part you think is written like shit, it can be hard to write anything. I'm sure the show has actually helped him a bit, but some outside help may be a good thing if he is really stuck.