GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
btw, about the red priest (Not sure if this needs to be spoilered, just doing it because its the same night.)

It was a popular theory she was glamoured, the same way Mance was (He had to wear a jewel too, the one around her neck does it too). She made a few allusions to it in the show "I've been fighting much longer than you". And in the books, it says Red Priests were all picked from slaves, but Mel has not tattoos or brands, despite the fact that in her flash back it clearly describes her brand as tears of fire.

I bet Jon will be glad he resisted that now.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I can never jack it again, bros. Ruined, all ruined.

Seriously, why even have the Dorne plot? Why did he even write it? Just cut that shit out and have Oberyn be from the Eyrie or something.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jesus that will be scorched onto my retina. Liked most of the episode though. Dorne story line getting killed off like that was good to be honest.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So they had until nightfall to give an answer, yet the final scene seems to be her getting ready for bed. Is she just taking a nap in the middle of the day?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well they ruined Doran for me.
I'm annoyed they got such a well known actor to play such a token role (although obviously we all expected it to have more meat than this). But overall I didn't like the change to the Dorne story to begin with. If this speeds shit along, I'm all for it.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I expected the Dorne storyline to amount to something. If they write in that Dorne will rise for some previously useless usurpers well that will be the laziest writing I've ever seen.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Jesus that will be scorched onto my retina. Liked most of the episode though. Dorne story line getting killed off like that was good to be honest.
It would be if that were the end of the storyline. It's not. Now it's going to be a girl power storyline, because all those guards sat around holding their dicks while a 12 year old and her bitchy stepmom murdered their leader and mentor as well as their prince. So now those dumb bitches are running shit without having Doran to temper them with wisdom, so it's going to be a big fucking waste of time that could be spent featuring Tyrion, Daenarys or the North.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I expected the Dorne storyline to amount to something. If they write in that Dorne will rise for some previously useless usurpers well that will be the laziest writing I've ever seen.
I feel as if what happened in Dorne was setting up a brutal condensation of the Dorne plot + Aegon plot from the books. Cut Aegon out entirely and replace his invasion of Westeros with pissed off Sand Snakes revenge invasion.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
That's cool and all but no one is going to follow some bastards that just murdered the legitimate Royal family. They hire the writers from Girls or what?

spronk

FPS noob
Depends heavily on where they take the plot - logically one assumes now Dorne is going to declare independence or war on Kings Landing and the Lannisters, which in GOT world means they will get slaughtered. Unfortunately without Doran (imprisoned, etc) there isn't the counterpoint anymore of "this is the way you SHOULD have done it, now you assholes have wiped out our kingdom", so yeah it makes his whole story and existence really weird and pointless.

I'm so inured to traps from fedor and others now that seeing the Red Boner turn into the Red Flaccid was just a "whoah... thats interesting!" moment. but yeah now whenever she fucks someone to make a shadow baby its gonna be creepy as fuck to watch. Love that reveal though, its a very common theme in mythology that old ugly witches glamour themselves and seduce men to do their bidding so pretty cool to see that here.

I liked the episode, lot of surprises like Myrcella being dead to the always awesome scenes between Tyrion and Varys. The dagger stuff in Dorne sucked though but meh whattya gonna do, they want to try and show 100 lb chicks as being able to kill 300 lb guys with knives

also I hope the necklace isn't what gives her youthful appearance, some people speculate it has something to do with the mirror, Dorian Grey style. cuz there have been numerous shots of her sans necklace in the past

20upZ6r.jpg

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I liked the first episode. Not looking forward to butthurt nerds in this thread crying every week because the story doesn't match what they thought was going to happen while they have been waiting five years for new content.

Episode felt like it was 20 minutes long. I want to watch the whole season tonight. I wanked even harder when Melisandre took off her necklace.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Anyone else starting to worry that the end of this series is going culminate with all the lead female roles running everything? Obviously Dorne is going to rally with fucking Sansa against the Lannisters. Then Gal Pal Squad will surrender to Daenarys in order to have her fight the White Walkers.

Buncha red pillers gon' be miffed.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Dorne has been weak for years in the show. Cunt mom made a good point.

Their princess and her children were raped and murdered. Their charismatic and beloved prince was killed andntheyndid nothing. I could see them rallying the proud Dornish people and getting their support to usurp power from a perceived weak leader.

I think the story works, it's just centered on shitty annoying characters that have been butchered to this point. The sand snakes are trash.

The fleet burned in meereen, I can see the grey joys trying to work in there to gain support for their continued rebellion. The dornes will call for war. The lannisters have no allies besides the vale at this point and you can tell littlefinger has his own plans. The north is at war. The Tyrell's are at odds with the lannisters. This completely finishes fracturing the seven kingdoms.

There are no two groups working together. The closest is freys and boltons and one of them if not both are about to go to war.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Their Prince died in a duel. That's a legitimate legal death. That's going to rally no one particularly in Dorne where hot blood leads to dueling. It's just some of the worst writing I've ever seen.