GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
IDK I would think if they'd have Cat come back they would have made that involved in the Roose/Walda killing storyline since she has a murderboner for vengeance. Maybe in the actual books they'll have her be involved in Roose's death but I think the only one really left for her to get revenge on is the old Frey but we haven't seen anything about them in a while.
they could still work in Uncat, we havent seen Beric in years and now that sansa is on the run from the boltons we may get a cameo yet. its doubtful, but still possible.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It'll never happen. I don't know why the showrunners decided LSH doesn't matter, but I thought that shit was cool

Debase

N00b
It'll never happen. I don't know why the showrunners decided LSH doesn't matter, but I thought that shit was cool
The problem is the number of concurrent storylines. Even watching the shows this season so far, they've spent about 15 minutes or so of show time in total. Heck, we're 20% into Season 6 already and I feel like many of the storylines are barely even begun or advanced from where they left off in Season 5.

I think LSH is interesting and will become increasingly in WoW and beyond, especially once she realizes her daughters/sons might be alive still, but I understand that the show simply cannot do what the book has done in 10-11 hours/season.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Maybe because each season previous had 1000 pages of source material per book. And this one had about 62?

Just a guess.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I imagine Ramsay feeding Walda to his dogs will piss off House Frey in a big way. Not that Walder really gave a shit about Walda (or any of his family) but this at least as much of an insult as Robb breaking their marriage agreement, if not more.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
nice to see you Mist
smile.png

Wun Wun and Un-Mountain saved that episode. jaime's scene tonight confirmed a lot of things. main thing is the show is veering way off course from the books. so much so its pretty much only "based on characters from" the books now instead of following it. other stuff made little sense, like why is davos willing to give his life to save a corpse? roose bolton was an unimportant character? a 400 year old wicth never heard of resurrection before thoros.
this episode also gives credence to the theory that tyrion was the bastard child of King Aerys
When did the last Targ Dragons die? Was it 400+ years ago? Wouldn't that explain why resurrection hasn't been a thing in the recent past?

Dany's Dragons, the red comet, magic returning to the world etc?

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Annoying? The guy barely gets any screen time and this whole story arc is finally something interesting in the show.

If I have to listen to anymore bullshit about slaves and stupid pyramids I'm going to off myself. GRRM took a really interesting story arc with book 1 Dany and made it insufferable.
The infamous Mereenese Knot that stymied GRRM for years. Dany's time in Mereen was supposed to be a hand-wave, 'and Dany ruled well for 5 years' kind of deal (much like the beginning of Jon Snow's Lord Commander time, Sansa in the Eyrie, Bran with the 3 eyed crow, Arya's training) but instead he ended up writing it, with mixed and mostly bleh results.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
When did the last Targ Dragons die? Was it 400+ years ago? Wouldn't that explain why resurrection hasn't been a thing in the recent past?

Dany's Dragons, the red comet, magic returning to the world etc?
i dunno if the book lore and the show lore differ, but i think its been maybe less than 150 years (138?) since the last one died, although it was a sickly dragon because it was kept chained. i dont know when the last "free" dragon died.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think Mereen is a necessary evil. When you look at the grand scheme of things, Dany had to have a maturation period. Martin knew he couldnt have her find redemption so swiftly, as the entire story revolved around her and her dragons. If she would have peaked in the middle of book 4 or something, the story wouldnt have had the longevity it needed to really have that all encompassing impact.

He could of had her conquer the entire Essos hemisphere, or perhaps had her rule pathetic subjects at Drogos side. Maybe even landfall in Westeros but struggle to consolidate power etc. But he chose a certain narrative to support his grand design later in the game. She had to learn how to deal with people and develop as a leader. Mereen was merely a vehicle for this to take shape. If Danys story was expediated forward it would have extinguished a ton of Westeros intrigue and story lines that unfolded instead of developing organically while she gathered support and resources in Essos.

It might seem like an excuse but Mereen is simlply there to lend weight and credence to Dany as a character, but sadly it takes away those very things to a lot of people because they feel like the Mereen narrative is a waste of time.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Always disliked that theory because I felt it diminished the Tywin / Tyrion relationship. It almost justifies Tywin's hate for Tyrion. It makes sense, I just don't like it.
Well, it also explains why the Hand of the King, Tywin, turned on the Mad King. It's more than just treating Tyrion poorly. It caused the Targaryans to lose the throne by having the Lannisters side with the Rebels. If they didn't, I am pretty sure the Rebellion fails

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I remember someone was PMing people Dany died and everyone freaked out thinking it was spoilers. I kind of just laughed, I don't remember who it was though. Probably keg.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Well, it also explains why the Hand of the King, Tywin, turned on the Mad King. It's more than just treating Tyrion poorly. It caused the Targaryans to lose the throne by having the Lannisters side with the Rebels. If they didn't, I am pretty sure the Rebellion fails
Tywin siding with the rebels made sense even without all that conspiracy stuff. The Targs heir was dead, their army beaten up badly and a hostile force gaining steam against them. Maybe the Lannister army turns the tide, but definitely not for sure. So Tywin had the option of join the rebels and for sure win the war and get a ton of rewards, or fight for a mad man who was clearly insane and unreliable and might not have rewarded his loyalty at all even if they do win, which wasn't even for sure.

It made way more sense for him to join the rebels, you don't need any kind of conspiracy theory for his motivation to make sense.

Tyrion being a secret targ would dramatically change his character arc and everything he has done and alot of the relationships he has had, and it would be completely out of left field and pretty stupid since we are just about 99% for sure going to get
Jon
as a secret targ. How many secret targs are there? it just gets dumb after a point.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
WEll the symbol of the Targs is the three headed dragon. When Aegon invaded it was with his two sisters.

So Dany, Jon and Tyrion...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
we still never found out how varys plays into all this, he is probably a blackfyre. maybe with the red priestess in mereen we discover why he lost his dick this season.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Varys wants the Targaryens back in power. He was working with Magister Illyrio to put it that way.. Why follow some disgrace kinslaying dwarf? Well... he would know if he is an actual Targaryen...

Lemeran

Lord Nagafen Raider
Show is starting to feel more and more rushed, I thought I read in this thread the season is shortened to 8 episodes. Feels like they are trying to tell large amounts of the story very quickly and I feel a little cheated.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tywin siding with the rebels made sense even without all that conspiracy stuff. The Targs heir was dead, their army beaten up badly and a hostile force gaining steam against them. Maybe the Lannister army turns the tide, but definitely not for sure. So Tywin had the option of join the rebels and for sure win the war and get a ton of rewards, or fight for a mad man who was clearly insane and unreliable and might not have rewarded his loyalty at all even if they do win, which wasn't even for sure.

It made way more sense for him to join the rebels, you don't need any kind of conspiracy theory for his motivation to make sense.

Tyrion being a secret targ would dramatically change his character arc and everything he has done and alot of the relationships he has had, and it would be completely out of left field and pretty stupid since we are just about 99% for sure going to get
Jon
as a secret targ. How many secret targs are there? it just gets dumb after a point.
Not that I really support the Tyrion - Targ theory, but as much as they got around, there could be a whole slew of Targ bastards.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Im glad they didn't do the whole Jon rezzed in the funeral pyre thing. We only need one of those, and I think it would waterdown Danys "rebirth". Plus the show went through great length to show her affinity/slight resistance to heat, while Jon gets his hand burned to hell in S1 burning the wight.

I liked how Davos walked up to Mel and pretty much said "Soooo, do you like uhhhh, have any spells to rez our party leader or sumthin?".

I cant wait to see Thorne's reaction.

Edit: More thoughts

Tyrion's scene with the dragons is great, lends credence to him being a Targ/dragonrider (Theory I like and support).

I think one subtle, great instance of cinematography they did, was when Ramsay stabbed Roose and the scene lingered for a few moments and you had no idea who was murdering who. Really played well into both character arcs and that either of them was capable of killing the other. Like father like son I suppose.

The Jaime vs Septon scene was chilling. Glad to see shit talking Jaime back to his roots.

Euron! The subtle touches showing how Euron had his sea legs while Balon had lost his, needing to balance himself against the weather while Euron just stood there and embraced it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Varys wants the Targaryens back in power. He was working with Magister Illyrio to put it that way.. Why follow some disgrace kinslaying dwarf? Well... he would know if he is an actual Targaryen...
Tyrion is useful in many ways, and appears to be pretty firmly loyal to Danaerys, even if it's mainly so he can go back and spit in Jaime and Cersei's faces. Who cares if he's a disgraced kinslayer back in Westeros? He doesn't have to be a Targaryen bastard for Varys to want to keep him around.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Oh I have no doubt he is useful, but to give up everything he had going in Westros, uproot (granted he was suspected in helping Tyrion escape but I think I remember him doing that reluctantly) and how userful is a dwarf in this world with a bad name in Essos?

I think he knows there is more to Tyrion than Tyrion does.