GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Littlefinger didn't know Ramsays obsession with Reek which is quite clear in the letter along with all he other intimate craziness that is the Bastard of Bolton. It also plays directly into the motivation and direction of the character. It's a real stretch to think someone else wrote it.
im not disagreeing with you, im still 50/50 on the whole thing. mainly because of all the inconsistencies with the book version as well as the show's. my question is if ramsay did write those letters, why the mistakes?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Something's been bugging me with the way they do wax seals on this show. The seal is on the napkin ring that the letter is rolled up in but you can just slide it off. Isn't the point of sealing something with wax to make it so the message can't be tampered with unless the seal is broken? Putting it on that ring around a rolled up piece of paper completely defeats that and anyone could write whatever they want on the paper and just slide it in there.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Something's been bugging me with the way they do wax seals on this show. The seal is on the napkin ring that the letter is rolled up in but you can just slide it off. Isn't the point of sealing something with wax to make it so the message can't be tampered with unless the seal is broken? Putting it on that ring around a rolled up piece of paper completely defeats that and anyone could write whatever they want on the paper and just slide it in there.
well, doesnt the seal overlap onto the document thus adhering itself when the wax dries? you wouldnt just be able to slide it on and off.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Sansa clearly had to break the wax/paper seal before pulling the wax off this week. There was just a bit of string behind it so it would hold its shape

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
There are a lot of things to speculate about on the show but Ramsey's letter is just about last on the list. He's got Rickon, he wants Sansa back and he's allied with people who have a deep hatred of wildlings ,aka Johns new bffs. It's not like it doesn't perfectly line up with his interests.

The wolf is dead. It's pretty obvious they're on screen to make us feel sad when they die and little else.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So is Yarra + Theon = Victarion now? I assume since they haven't mentioned Victarion yet he isn't going to be in the show.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Got too far behind on the thread, sorry for repeats of anything already beaten into the ground:

I assume the old greenseer had to die for Bran to ascend because he had no practical way to teach him "everything." Bran possibly just got powerleveled into a full Kwisatz Haderach. It's an effective way to fix the time jump problem that GRRM probably wishes he could use a dozen more times, such as my next point..

I'm thinking a man knows Arya will never be faceless but is just trying to help her out and give her some skills until she figures it out for herself. Arya's story without a time jump is a problem because she's not on fucking Dagobah with Yoda. If she sticks with her training she'll be stuck there until GRMM tombstone has eroded away.

The High Titties of R'hallor asked Varys about The Voice. Varys has said it was gibberish that he hallucinated. With tits that quality, she may know better and Varys actually heard some crazy shit and has just blocked it out all this time. Or she can just fucking tell us all what the priest learned that day instead of saying all that shit and then leaving us hanging. (leaving Varys hanging is just cruel) God dammit.

I hope we get a shot of crazed Jorah hanging out in some ruins waiting to jump on passing boats later on.

A direwolf would probably suck in a fight in close quarters against a horde of undead and die as swiftly and anti-climatically as shown. Still though, god dammit, that was Summer, man.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

\

PS: EURON AND THE KINGSMOOT SUUUUUCKED

If they're going to make Euron so goddamn generic they should have used Victarion instead. Note, no dragon horn. His whole plan is to bring boats.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
It's been a long time since I read the books, but I remember Euron coming off as far more menacing. This guy just seems like a generic dick who knows how to woo a bunch of dumb redneck sailors. No Silence? No Victarion? Meh.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
No mention of sorcery, he's dressed and looks the same as any other Ironborn, no black ships, yada yada he's just some dick. I don't know why they even bothered other than wanting to find some way to keep Theon and the Ironborn around. Maybe he winds up trying being used by Asha to undermine Euron's rule in Winds of Winter once Stannis is wiped out so it somewhat fits.

Guessing it means he doesn't wind up captured by Ramsay again in the book anyway. No fucking way he can stay in the north, heh.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Didn't they mention his ship is full of mutes because he cut out their tongues? I believe Balon says it right before Euron offs him on the bridge.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With how quickly things are moving now, I doubt there's going to be deep exploration of TV Euron. He's also too arrogant and controlling for Dany to ally with. Think he's just there to give Yara and Theon a reason to get off the Iron Islands and towards Dany.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
There's two stories about Euron.

1. He's a badass that went to Valaria, found phat lewtz and is coming to enslave the dragons and marry Dany

2. He's full of shit and they had to tie him to the mast of his own ship to keep from jumping overboard. He also claims to have found a dragon egg but ditched it.

Truth is probably in between. He may have cut out their tongues to keep from telling everyone he's a pussy or he's got magic. I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff too

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
FWIW boys I told my wife about how I didn't care about Hodor's death and she, like this thread, also believes I'm retarded

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
they are kinda in Ireland, trying to get to Egypt.

If england was the size of the united states, but just as close to europe.

the map is weird.