GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe the point of all this is that the faceless men /aren't/ just crazy men willing to kill anyone. The waif is all too willing to kill for the sake of killing, where a faceless man needs to be more discerning. Perhaps Arya refusing to kill the innocent woman was actually her passing a test, rather than failing it.
Absolutely not, that would be way too subtle for these writers. The waif has obviously taken a personal dislike to Arya, which seems like a violation of one of the cult tenets. If you're nobody, you can't take a personal dislike to someone. So either Jaqen kills the waif and lets Arya go, or the waif does the 'im gonna drag this out instead of killing you when I have the chance' trope, Arya kills her, Jaqen decides that the many faced god has been paid and lets Arya go. Either way, I don't think there is any way she leaves Braavos without seeing Jaqen one last time.

I had that thought too and he was setting the waif up to be killed. I'll be fine with it but it seems that'd be way convoluted and convenient from an author stand point.
I'd say more that he's noticed her personal dislike for Arya and is testing her, not setting her up.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
While we get stuck on the idea that you pay the price and then you get someone killed by the faceless men. They obviously have a ton of discretion on that. Jaqen killed a bunch of people for Arya because he felt that she must have three lives taken for the ones she saved. That's a pretty strange stance for a guild of religious assassins that supposedly kill for money.

Arya's stage name is Mercy. I doubt that's a coincidence either. But its hard to figure out as they are meant to be mysterious. Show Jaqen tells Arya the story of the origin of the Faceless Men. How they gave the Gift to those who were suffering. Arya seeing Lady Crane seemingly be the opposite of someone who might need the gift. Which is something a FM might agree with? She did spend a lot of time in the Temple helping suffering people die.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Maybe the point of all this is that the faceless men /aren't/ just crazy men willing to kill anyone. The waif is all too willing to kill for the sake of killing, where a faceless man needs to be more discerning. Perhaps Arya refusing to kill the innocent woman was actually her passing a test, rather than failing it.
I thought about that. They posture like they are the protectors of the little guy, then send her out on mission to kill some rando chick because of a jealously beef. Hardly liberating the slaves from the vile masters anymore.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
When Arya saved him at Harrenhal, he didn't say 'pick 3 bad guys for me to kill', he asked for 3 names. If she'd said Gendry and Hot Pie, they'd be dead.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
What's the link between Lovejoy and the Hound?
Ian said in an interview that his character is bringing back a character everyone thought was dead or something to that effect. I see him only listed for that episode. Therefore The Hound especially from the title of the episode.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I wonder if Gavin thinks there is any subtlety in the writing.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I am subscribing to the idea that Arya was actually being tested and that the Waif is ultimately the one who will die, finishing Arya's training. A man recognizes a girl's gifts, and a man will not squander them. The waif proves she has failed her training by saying things like, "Youpromisedme."

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I am subscribing to the idea that Arya was actually being tested and that the Waif is ultimately the one who will die, finishing Arya's training. A man recognizes a girl's gifts, and a man will not squander them. The waif proves she has failed her training by saying things like, "Youpromisedme."
Yeah, things like that seem obvious, but the entire nature of the group killing people for money while claiming to represent freedom from slavery is a bit much. Seems like it could go either way.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I thought about that. They posture like they are the protectors of the little guy, then send her out on mission to kill some rando chick because of a jealously beef. Hardly liberating the slaves from the vile masters anymore.
When do they act that way?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That's their entire backstory. The whole time when she showed up and Jaqen taught her about the gift etc.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I really hope that all of westeros falls to the white walkers, and the survivors use euron's 1000 ships to escape across the narrow see to essos. The survivors meet up with dany, group up and go take westeros back from the walkers. the end

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
You guys keep digging for subtlety with a show written by writers who don't have any.
Doesn't Martin have more of a say in the writing now that they are past the books?

Arya becomes faceless. Daenerys goes crazy as her army dies in the winter climate. She somehow gets in a fight with Jon as a contender for the throne. Arya kills her to save Jon. Jon having the blood of Dragons takes control of the dragons and is confirmed as Azor Ahai. With his dragons, wildling army and other supporters that gather under the banner of Azor Ahai he wins the war.

Sounds too much of a happy ending though, so probably not.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Also something I didn't really see discussed here, and this is more pertinent to the previous episode, was the public opinion of what happened with Joff/Ned/purple wedding and all that. Its entertaining to see the public opinion was Ned was below-average intelligence and a power hungry usurper. It also seemed to paint Joff and Cersei in a very positive light and, of course, Tyrion was the assassin behind the poisoning of Joff. I don't think anything about it was too surprising to me outside of the romantic view of Joff and Cersei. I just assumed everyone hated them both.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Doesn't Martin have more of a say in the writing now that they are past the books?
Don't know why you would even think that, especially considering the fact that this season is the only one GRRM didn't write an episode for himself. He is involved less and less as it goes on, not more.

Also something I didn't really see discussed here, and this is more pertinent to the previous episode, was the public opinion of what happened with Joff/Ned/purple wedding and all that. Its entertaining to see the public opinion was Ned was below-average intelligence and a power hungry usurper. It also seemed to paint Joff and Cersei in a very positive light and, of course, Tyrion was the assassin behind the poisoning of Joff. I don't think anything about it was too surprising to me outside of the romantic view of Joff and Cersei. I just assumed everyone hated them both.
Keep in mind that's the public opinion over in Essos and not necessarily in Westeros.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So question about Benjen it seems he is actually a whitewalker now but he is of a different line then those controlled by the NK?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So question about Benjen it seems he is actually a whitewalker now but he is of a different line then those controlled by the NK?
More specifically, the Children stopped him from becoming a wight. He is in a weird limbo. Whether or not he can be hurt by regular weapons like swords now is unknown.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
You guys keep digging for subtlety with a show written by writers who don't have any.
This is so true. Reading the forums here and other websites is more entertaining then the show now that it is past the books.
Most people are trying way to hard to figure things out. A few obvious things happening next 4 episodes. Hound comes back, it should be the trial by combat. Arya leaves Bravos, but does she defeat the waif or is she saved by a twist, possibly involving Syrio? Cersei is tricked again, does her defeat lead to Tommen's death this season or next? The Battle of Winterfell, although i am starting to think it might start this season and end next season.
And lastly, Lady Stoneheart makes an appearance. If anyone thinks this is NOT happening they are thinking too hard. It will probably be the last scene of the last episode.
This whole season has been about redemption for the Starks. It fits right into the current storyline. In fact if you take it further i believe the Starks winning is a direct parallel to the Lannisters losing.