GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

iannis

Musty Nester
This show is really frustrating though. It tried to do too much. Parts of it are excellent. They really are. Parts of it are atrocious. Unforgivably bad, especially when contrasted with the parts that are good... so you know it's not just guys in above their heads. It's just guys trying to be all things to all people.

Not even B grade fantasy material. Like D list sort of bullshit. The Sand Snakes...

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
This show is really frustrating though. It tried to do too much. Parts of it are excellent. They really are. Parts of it are atrocious. Unforgivably bad, especially when contrasted with the parts that are good... so you know it's not just guys in above their heads. It's just guys trying to be all things to all people.

Not even B grade fantasy material. Like D list sort of bullshit. The Sand Snakes...
There was a point at which D&D were stalling, trying to come up with filler material to hold the show over until the Winds of Winter could get published; hence the Dorne and the Sand Snakes/Meandering around Mereen/Jaime endlessly in captivity. After season 5 was so mediocre, though, and GRRM told them he was nev...wasn't going to publish Winds of Winter in a timely fashion, it was decided to stop stalling. Once the pressure was off to keep things going in perpetuity and really start telling what story was left, I think the show as a whole righted itself. There were always parts of it that were good but its the show version of GRRM's issue of not having the 5 year gap.

Siliconemelons

Yeall silly if you think the mountain is not some sort of quasi dead suspended state Frankenstein monster. Its implied, or stated in the show that Obryn used poison on his blade didn't he? one would assume being named the viper - once he got a slice on the mountain he would eventually die let alone stabbing the guy in the chest, nahh he will get better!

Also the show makes no qualms that the dude is the mountain, I think they "publicly" introduced him as the strong or whatever- and why do you ask would you give him a different name?! unless people figured the mountain was dead- why not just be like "sup all, the mountain is back because he is a badass and recovered! look at that!"

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeall silly if you think the mountain is not some sort of quasi dead suspended state Frankenstein monster. Its implied, or stated in the show that Obryn used poison on his blade didn't he? one would assume being named the viper - once he got a slice on the mountain he would eventually die let alone stabbing the guy in the chest, nahh he will get better!

Also the show makes no qualms that the dude is the mountain, I think they "publicly" introduced him as the strong or whatever- and why do you ask would you give him a different name?! unless people figured the mountain was dead- why not just be like "sup all, the mountain is back because he is a badass and recovered! look at that!"
Nobody has suggested otherwise. It's just that he never actually died and was resurrected, but was turned into Frankenstein in lieu of death

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There was a point at which D&D were stalling, trying to come up with filler material to hold the show over until the Winds of Winter could get published; hence the Dorne and the Sand Snakes/Meandering around Mereen/Jaime endlessly in captivity. After season 5 was so mediocre, though, and GRRM told them he was nev...wasn't going to publish Winds of Winter in a timely fashion, it was decided to stop stalling. Once the pressure was off to keep things going in perpetuity and really start telling what story was left, I think the show as a whole righted itself. There were always parts of it that were good but its the show version of GRRM's issue of not having the 5 year gap.
you dont think they will revisit dorne?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
you dont think they will revisit dorne?
They sorta have to at least once, but hopefully it will be nothing more complicated than 'hey look, Dorne completely imploded with a bunch of retarded, incompetent, half-assed warrior-women trying to run it'

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It will be hilarious if episode 9 and 10 are like 70% Dorne. What a fucking waste of time that shit was.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
havent read any spoilers, but from the trailer it looks like the sparrows murder somebody, so i will guess Pycelle and/or kevan die, though i dunno if you can classify kevan as a major death. pycelle sure because he has been a show regular for all 6 seasons. they brought back walder frey so maybe him. maybe missandei, maybe ramsay, maybe meera. could be the waif. pretty much anyone cept jon, jamie, cersei, sansa, arya, tyrion, dany and jorah.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
havent read any spoilers, but from the trailer it looks like the sparrows murder somebody, so i will guess Pycelle and/or kevan die, though i dunno if you can classify kevan as a major death. pycelle sure because he has been a show regular for all 6 seasons. they brought back walder frey so maybe him. maybe missandei, maybe ramsay, maybe meera. could be the waif. pretty much anyone cept jon, jamie, cersei, sansa, arya, tyrion, dany and jorah.
You sure you don't want to add the rest of the main cast characters to your list so you can't possibly be wrong?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Jon dies again. For real this time. His parentage is revealed post-humously and doesn't have any effect on the story.

The Troll that was Promised.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
lol spoiler random numbers thrown out there just to mock all the deaths that will happen? I know not to be a dick and post correct info that would spoil a show.

Debase

N00b
I haven't read any spoilers yet, but my guess is that the outcome of the Cersei stuff results in Tommen's death. Would be the ultimate devastation for Cersei to contribute to her last son getting killed.

Cybsled

If her son dies, though, then all bets are off. She will have nothing left to lose and will go full "destroy everything" mode.

iannis

Musty Nester
lol spoiler random numbers thrown out there just to mock all the deaths that will happen? I know not to be a dick and post correct info that would spoil a show.
well now we know that it's incorrect and that's just as bad as a spoiler!!!!

That was an actual argument in one of these threads. The grognard is amazingly strong with this show.