GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Meh, I wasn't very happy with the episode. I mean the actual fighting was great, but was the only way to finally redeem Sansa after 5 seasons of utter stupidity was to take all of her stupidity, distill it into a concentrated form, and have Jon freebase it all in a single episode? I mean did he really think Rickon was going to survive there? When Davos got the men ready to charge I was completely expecting Jon's discipline to win out and for him to return to his army, but nope, fuck it, lets just throw the entire battle away in a single moment of rage.

Why the fuck would anyone in the North (or anywhere else in Westeros) respect Jon now? He's still a bastard, he's still a deserter from the Night's Watch, he no longer has an army, and he has proven that he's not fit to command men in battle. If she really is going full on Darth Sansa she should throw his worthless ass out of Winterfell next week.

*edit*

Hell, I was even hoping when Ramsay was like "I've reconsidered" that Jon would be like "Yeah me too" and just have his men shoot him, although that would have deprived us of the awesome death scene we did get.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Thought it was pretty much shit. Jon plot armor the whole way. Battle was sorta cool but lotr did it better.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I don't get the sense that Jon necessarily wants to be in command of anything or anyone. Sansa had to push him into this battle even though it was his family that was at stake. I think he really questions what it's all going to be for in the end when the dead come and overtake everything because he's doubting they can be stopped at this point.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah I was expecting Jon to give the signal and riddle Ramsay full of arrows, actually would have preferred that instead of the Captain America shield advance.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I wonder how long it will take before Sansa/LF and the gang understand the threat of the WW. Maybe the critical moment will happen in the Next Episode. But I doubt it!

The whole battle was awesome. But it was also retarded as fuck. There is no legitimate reason that Sansa didn't bother telling Jon the Vale was coming to their aid. Even when she tells him he should wait, he asks her why and she still doesn't mention it. I honestly don't get why she didn't tell him. I am sad that they couldn't afford Wun Wun in their continued CGI budget. A small cry for the last of the giants (in the show). But Jon will be totally cool with it next episode I'm sure. Darth Sansa might be interesting though since she is actually doing shit now.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I was thinking that maybe she didn't know if the Vale would be able to ride to her in time, or that LF could rouse them. I can't remember the exact shit she said to LF before, but I thought she said something like, why should she trust him to do what he says or whatever.

Admittedly, even if she wasn't sure, it was like a day or whatever. Surely that was enough time to wait.

Whatever though. Super glad to see the other dragons, but depressed that they were so small. (As we knew they would be since they were in captivity.)

I guess I didn't pay much attention when they freed the dragons, but were they just no longer chained but still getting fed then? Like what was the point of removing chains to just leave them in the pyramid.

Anyways, sweet episode. Nice to finally see some shit come to fruition.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I keep seeing people complain that Sansa must have known. How was she getting a raven reply back while on the march? How was LF letting her know he was riding to the rescue?

Does anyone know how ravens work? They go home, they don't head to a marching army like a homing missile and pick out the redhead to give a message to.

She sent a Hail Mary raven and that was all she could do. She didn't know if or when they might show up. It is a ridiculous topic.

iannis

Musty Nester
She also is probably a little ashamed. And she would have been really ashamed if he didn't come. But he did. LF has made it his duty to please that booty, and now she knows it.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
BlPpPEX.jpg

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Reminder that LF and Jon are all traitors in the eyes of the king now. They openly rebeled and killed a great Lord. LF has to be betting all or nothing at this point.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I keep seeing people complain that Sansa must have known. How was she getting a raven reply back while on the march? How was LF letting her know he was riding to the rescue?

Does anyone know how ravens work? They go home, they don't head to a marching army like a homing missile and pick out the redhead to give a message to.

She sent a Hail Mary raven and that was all she could do. She didn't know if or when they might show up. It is a ridiculous topic.
Lol you're going to bring the practicality of travel and communication into this now, after all the teleportating horses? Fine, let's think about it. The distance between the Vale and Winterfell is far greater than the distance between any two Northern locations of any importance. Whenever Littlefinger decided to bounce and head north, a raven would've reached the Wall/House Mormont/whatever fucking static location is necessary with more than enough time for a rider to send word to Jon's army (and this is assuming his entire fucking army is traveling around with him, which it wouldn't), no matter where it was located at the time.

It was shit writing, as has been the staple for this season. The fight was great, but the plot behind it was fucking dumb.

Schneider

Silver Knight of the Realm
As soon as Davos said he needed to take a shit out in the woods I thought he was going to pull a Tywin Lannister at the hands of a skulking Ramsy. Glad to have been wrong.

Even if Jon knew about the knights of the Vale, I don't see him waiting until reinforcements arrive. Even if he did, Ramsy would just retreat if he saw another army approaching. Fortify + hostage + replay of sneak attack on Stannis.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I love how they resolved the entire Master revolt in 10 minutes. Great episode. How "jumpy" it was really reminded me of some modern war movies like Saving Private Ryan or Braveheart (even though that was in the 90's).

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Reminder that LF and Jon are all traitors in the eyes of the king now. They openly rebeled and killed a great Lord. LF has to be betting all or nothing at this point.
LF had permission from Cersei to take Winterfell from the Boltons which I believe was granted via royal decree. Killing them pretty much comes hand in hand with that. What will make him a traitor is not handing Sansa over to the crown.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I am going to go full Gavinrad and say Sansa and Jon hook up after they find out they are just cousins. A battle happens next towards the end of next season with the others/knight's king. Sansa is about to die, Jon then decides to protect her by plunging longclaw into her tit and bursts into flames. Ayra and Jon were suppose to hook up in the original draft, the small things between Jon and Sansa now leans towards that path.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am going to go full Gavinrad and say Sansa and Jon hook up after they find out they are just cousins. A battle happens next towards the end of next season with the others/knight's king. Sansa is about to die, Jon then decides to protect her by plunging longclaw into her tit and bursts into flames. Ayra and Jon were suppose to hook up in the original draft, the small things between Jon and Sansa now leans towards that path.
Dafuq

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dany stuff was visually awesome but kinda stupid. tyrion "well here is our fleet" as 3 dragons proceed to burn them into fucking ash. then asha shows up and its all "has the iron islands ever had a female lord? nope. well saddle up ugmo its time for some grrrrrl powah!"

sansa "you never asked for my input!!!!!!!" Jon, "well what is your plan?" sansa, "i dont know, wait , ok wait for more troops!" jon" what troops? we teleported all over the north and nobody else is coming!" sansa, " well you should wait anyway, rikon is totes going to die anyway" jon does stupid shit and rikon dies, almost never uttering a word. not even an 'ugh'. awesome battle happens, wun wun didnt bring a tree branch or even a few boulders. what kind of self respecting giant doesnt at least come equipped with at least a few boulders in his inventory?

death by hound was completely expected for ramsay, but i think they caved a little by not showing his raw skull face still screaming as they tore him to shreds and ate him.

a few notes, the look of glee on LF's face as he sent the soldiers of the vale to slaughter ramsay's forces. ramsay being a pussy all of a sudden, though i guess the stories he heard was that maybe jon is an undead and so he kind of wasnt sure what the point was trying to kill him until he had nothing to lose at the end.

predictions
the freys will probably celebrate next week, then walder sets off to fuck his fat wife and surprise surprise thats not his wife , its arya stark and she is stabbing him to death. varys pwns kevan and pycelle. davos wants some sweet revenge on mel. sansa got some splainin to do with jon. cersei still hasnt faced her trial only to have this plot go on for a third season, but at least we see her walk around the wildfire caches that tyrion not so vaguely mentioned this week. bran gives us some foreshadowing about how he defeats the NK. and i dont give a shit enough about gilly or sam or brienne or pod to guess what they're up to. maybe jaime and bronn will meet up with hound and ride off into the sunset.

btw that winterfell battle was awesome, but i think there were a few moments of overload where i didnt know who the fuck was a random wildling or a random umber.