GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There better be a payoff for the biggest swerve of the entire story when his parentage is revealed. If the only thing that comes of it is congrats you're a blackfyre instead of a snow it will have been a lot of blue balling for nothing. If it's nothing more than to get him on a dragon it's still a let down. Hopefully it pushes him to something other than reluctant hero. Conflict with Dany over her Muslim/Mongol invasion from someone with legit claims would be nice. Wishful thinking but if it's revealed to the other characters at the end then who really cares in the first place, story's already over. Making us wait when we already know would be lame.
That's the problem though, he's not even a speed bump to Dany anymore. Even assuming that her forces get drastically reduced in the process of getting to and conquering Westeros, he's got what, a couple hundred wildlings left? And even if people believed that he was a Targaryen, and that Lyanna and Rhaegar were married and he wasn't just a different flavor of bastard, who the hell is going to follow a man who got his entire army massacred because he lost his temper?

If Jon is exceptionally lucky, Daenerys believes that he's her nephew and agrees to marry him to try and repair the relations between the North and the Iron Throne.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Sansa warned him that Ramsay would do something to fuck with Jon's head, and that's what happened.

If it weren't for Davos saving Jon's ass by ordering the charge after he fucked up, Jon would have been killed and the battle never would have happened in the first place.

Jon should have listened to Sansa, and treated the Rickon situation the way Blackfish treated Edmure.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Meh. The battle scenes were shot well but it's hard to care about this stuff when pivotal characters disappear for 3 or 4 episodes at a time. There was zero build-up to this battle. I feel like they tried to recreate Hardhome, but at least that conflict had time to germinate. With 2 shortened seasons left, the problem with having too many storylines is really becoming obvious.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That's the problem though, he's not even a speed bump to Dany anymore. Even assuming that her forces get drastically reduced in the process of getting to and conquering Westeros, he's got what, a couple hundred wildlings left? And even if people believed that he was a Targaryen, and that Lyanna and Rhaegar were married and he wasn't just a different flavor of bastard, who the hell is going to follow a man who got his entire army massacred because he lost his temper?

If Jon is exceptionally lucky, Daenerys believes that he's her nephew and agrees to marry him to try and repair the relations between the North and the Iron Throne.
This is the portion I am interested in.

With the current state of The Seven Kingdoms anything that happens is going to be at the pleasure of Dany and her Golden Horde that surpasses the army of her ancestor Aegon the Conqueror by an order of magnitude. How they curb that to make Jon and any of the characters relevant is going to be interesting.

Barring that they're just going to be pleading their case to Dany and she will yay/nay it and they can do nothing about it.

It is likely they will have her burning all the slaver cities along the way too. Volantis/Myr/whatever and acquiring even more stuff.

Sterling

El Presidente
There are a lot of things to nitpick if you want, but that's all sort of expected at this point. The part at the end where Jon charges Ramsay and blocks a bunch of arrows was holy shit bad though. Everyone else just standing around while he's shooting arrows at Jon is just awful.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
There was zero build-up to this battle.
Zero build-up? The build-up started the moment Sansa and Theon escaped ... last season. Everything surrounding her storyline, Ramsay's, and Jon's after his resurrection have been feeding into that build-up. It had more direct build-up than Hardhome did.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider

They backed themselves into a corner with Dany for sure. Id just like to see Jon Targ have an impact beyond becoming her bitch.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Behold my peerless skills with mspaint

rrr_img_136019.jpg

vGrade

Potato del Grande
If you can break down a castle door you can run around and stomp those shields men down like the knights of the vale did. Worthless giant

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
There are a lot of things to nitpick if you want, but that's all sort of expected at this point. The part at the end where Jon charges Ramsay and blocks a bunch of arrows was holy shit bad though. Everyone else just standing around while he's shooting arrows at Jon is just awful.
if you look at the expressions of the extras in the background, it seems like they're holding back specifically so jon can do it one on one. one extra in particular gets the bewildered restraint face down perfectly.

makes sense especially in the light of ramsay saying he reconsidered the one on one battle.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The decline of the Phalanx was due to the development of that system. Armor and Calvalry was not the cause.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
So Jon Snow basically beats Ramsey's face into pulp, and the next time we see Ramsey (before he's made into dog food) all he has is a little blood on his face. Totally not realistic. He should be eating through a straw. /nitpick

I also agree I really don't like the camera time distribution this season. What's going on with Bran or Samwell? Why couldn't they have spread this stuff out better.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The decline of the Phalanx was due to the development of that system. Armor and Calvalry was not the cause.
The maniple was a more sophisticated formation that was still influenced by the phalanx. When the front two ranks fell back behind the vets in the third rank, it pretty much became a phalanx. And the sarissa did have significant trouble punching through steadily improving infantry armor.

I don't think either of us is wrong, but I concede that you're more right than I am. The phalanx fell out of use mainly because of the realization that combined forces were superior to primarily infantry forces, which led to the evolution of more advanced tactics like the manipular system.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So Jon Snow basically beats Ramsey's face into pulp, and the next time we see Ramsey (before he's made into dog food) all he has is a little blood on his face. Totally not realistic. He should be eating through a straw. /nitpick

I also agree I really don't like the camera time distribution this season. What's going on with Bran or Samwell? Why couldn't they have spread this stuff out better.
was it me or did they borrow from sin city for ramsay's death? first we got hartigan beating yellow bastard to a pulp, then marv feeds kevin to his own dog.