GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Protagonist Cersei saved the Kingdom tonight when she destroyed the villains in the Sept of Baylor and the tyrannical King Tommen.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
So I take it that Maggy's prophecy now refers to Dany instead of Margy?
It always did. The valonqar was never Tyrion, the younger queen was never Margaery. Cersei sucks at interpreting prophecy. I'm just still wondering why they left the valonqar line out.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seems like general consensus from people that messed with the audio / lip read it was it was "Aemon", not "Aegon" whispered. i.e. Maester Aemon who was named after...

"Prince Aemon, the Dragonknight, may be the most famous Kingsguard who ever lived. How did he die? Defending Aegon the Unworthy from the brothers of a man who Aegon fed to his dogs. The man's crime? Sleeping with one of the many mistresses Aegon wasn't using. And the man was one of Aegon's own Kingsguard."

Dark Sister or Blackfyre = Longclaw confirmed?
Longer explanation on the Blackfyre = Longclaw part?

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Longer explanation on the Blackfyre = Longclaw part?
Longclaw is a Valyrian steel sword, in the possession of House Mormont for five centuries. When Lord Jeor Mormont retired from his lordship to take the black and command the Night's Watch, he passed it to his son and heir, Ser Jorah Mormont. When Jorah went into exile after trying to sell some poachers into slavery, he had the sword sent back to his father on the Wall.

Dark Sister is a famous Valyrian steel longsword, one of two ancestral swords of House Targaryen (the other being Blackfyre). Dark Sister was wielded by at least one woman during its history and may have been forged for a woman warrior originally as its slender blade is designed for a woman's hand.[1] The sword is last known to have been wielded by Brynden Rivers.

Brynden rose to the position of Lord Commander of the Night's Watch in 239 AC.[7] However, he disappeared while ranging beyond the Wall in 252 AC.

In the books Dark Sister = small sword for females. Blackfyre is the larger sword, also unaccounted for / with the golden company. The founder of golden company was in possession of sword.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
So holy fuck. After all the misses with some of the awesomest lines in the entire series, they finally put one in.

"What is our heart's desire?"

"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood."

So fucking good.

Varys teleport was wtf also, but I think it was just to reinforce that Varys is still on team Daenerys. He obviously references her when in Dorne, but considering the shit with Olenna and Ellaria, it might have been necessary to bring it full circle.

So we literally only have King's Landing, maybe Lannisport, the Twins perhaps? and anyone who swears fealty to them as Cersei's allies.

Edmure is still alive, Jon is King of the North, Dany is coming from the east, and Dorne is going to coming up with everything south of king's landing. The only wildcard will be Pyke, and the only real issue there is who is considered the legitimate claim, and how many people they have. They seem to suggest the majority of the iron islands followed Asha and Theon I think?

But god damn, goddd damnnnn.

Edit after reading more of the thread:

Arya scene was great - I think it's impossible not to have seen what was about to happen; Walder Frey alone with the pies and one serving girl. And Manderly pies being entered, fuck yea.

Dany's posture on the boat was hilarious btw. I actually said, holy shit, why is she so straight backed? That's gonna hurt to hold that shit the entire way home.

The fact that the Night King still isnt past the wall is a bit worrying to me. Just trying to break out the necessary story beats to wrap all of this up in 13 more episodes is crazy
I think the reason he's not passed is because Bran is not. Decent foreshadowing or explanation perhaps with Benjen - wall is keeping them north, but watch some shit like Bran being marked means that every weirwood he uses to see through gets marked or some crap.

Also, no fucking way was that NOT confirming Jon's parentage. I was freaking out and my BF asked me what was going on. I had to sit and think if the show presented enough pieces for show viewers to understand what had just happened, and I am fairly certain it did. You'd probably have to remember like the first 3 episodes of the first season though, and the tower of joy episode from this season.

Oh and as much as I loved the deaths, and was really satisfied, it sort of seemed a bit WTF in a way. We spend ALL THIS TIME waiting for build ups, and people are just shadowstepping and killing everyone.

I need foreplay god dammit.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Feel like someone needs to edit JR hyping a swanton bomb off the top rope to that Tommen scene.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
So with Sam now in Old Town, there's no way he has time to become a Maester. Bran is likely coming to tell Jon about who he is, but with only the proof of a crippled tree manboy. If Rhaegar and Lyanna were married, maybe he sent for a Maester from Old Town to we'd them. Maybe Sam finds that info in a book and heads back north? Only problem with that theory is how would he know how it connects to Jon other than naming him a Targ and not just another bastard?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
they had to hit you over the head with it so people wouldnt wonder now that ramsay is gone, who can we love to hate? cersei! there ya go.
Most people, in this thread anyway, were already there with Cersei and didn't require said bludgeoning.

Most.

xzi

Mouthbreather
That Library scene with Sam was so great though honestly, looking at it again it's just a wonderful put together set and wanna-be-wizard-man came in his pants at least 9 times. I can't blame him, I would too.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
So with Sam now in Old Town, there's no way he has time to become a Maester.
Sam's definitely going to become a maester or at least do something important. He's got the Valyrian sword and they took the effort to render the whole Harry Potter library, so it's going to mean something.

spronk

FPS noob
Watch the inside the episode shit and they specifically say that scene is the fleet leaving Slaver's Bay. So it makes no sense for Varys to be there. It's a minor detail, that was probably the best finale of this show, but it's still dumb. Someone had to say "let's put Varys here." Why? Just have him be there when they link up next season, no full season of them sailing necessary. Do they not have ravens that can cross the narrow sea?
Some of the ships were flying Martell colors, signifying the alliance with house Martell was done. So varys being on there isn't that big a deal imo, the fleet sailing could be taking place 6 months after the Trial by GreenFyre. Varys went to Dorne, sealed the deal, and then brought back a bunch of Dorne ships

Tommen really put the landing in King's Landing

also it is kinda funny that Bran just basically murdered his horse/friend, got everyone who helped him killed, and the first thing he does when he connects to the Weirnet is watch old home movies

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Most people, in this thread anyway, were already there with Cersei and didn't require said bludgeoning.

Most.
yep yep yep, the evil queen armor was pretty pimpin though, no? oh and holy shit, the high sparrow raising his arms as in prayer and being wtfvaporized was glorious. cant wait for that scene to go online. i could watch that explosion all day. shit was still smouldering when jaime showed up.
oh and a question, why did Cersei use the lannister name when she was dubbed queen? isnt she still a barratheon?

HUH_sl

shitlord
So with Sam now in Old Town, there's no way he has time to become a Maester.
Time means nothing to this show, but yeah he doesn't have time to go through Maester school, but he does have enough time to learn some important information buried in that library or maybe he'll learn some deep dark secret from the Maesters there.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
oh and a question, why did Cersei use the lannister name when she was dubbed queen? isnt she still a barratheon?
Doesn't matter. She gives no fucks at this point. She's got Zombie Gregor and Qyburn protecting her seat on the throne (for now).

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
yep yep yep, the evil queen armor was pretty pimpin though, no? oh and holy shit, the high sparrow raising his arms as in prayer and being wtfvaporized was glorious. cant wait for that scene to go online. i could watch that explosion all day. shit was still smouldering when jaime showed up.
officially? Yeah, she still is but I'm pretty sure she's far past giving a shit about being official. There's no more need for cover-ups or trying to keep up her image or any of that shit now.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
rrr_img_136276.jpg

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
That Library scene with Sam was so great though honestly, looking at it again it's just a wonderful put together set and wanna-be-wizard-man came in his pants at least 9 times. I can't blame him, I would too.
Haha, I saw that scene and went, "Today is the day Sam Tarly became Belle from Beauty and the Beast."

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
officially? Yeah, she still is but I'm pretty sure she's far past giving a shit about being official. There's no more need for cover-ups or trying to keep up her image or any of that shit now.
this is true, since anyone to oppose her is now dead. or so she thinks, dany and the iron bank is still out there. some funny parts about that sam scene. sam goddamn knew no chicks were allowed in Maester HQ but he brings her anyway and looks kind of surprised that she couldnt just tag along while sam read from the ancient texts. also chuckled when the scribe or whomever he was said it was irregular that aemon was dead and that the LC at CB would need a new maester. aemon was like 110 years old, did they think the guy was going to live forever?